Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Powergirl Appreciation 2019

In order to maintain reasonable length threads, certain threads are re-setting for the new year.

Do NOT re-post from previous threads - those posts are still around and can be read by anyone.

This is for new Appreciation content only.

Please note that this is an Appreciation thread. Anything off-topic and/or not appreciative will be deleted and the poster may be banned for rules violations.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Do we know if there are any Power Girl developments coming for 2019? Johns is supposedly bringing back the JSA. Wonder if this will affect her in 2019.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Do we know if there are any Power Girl developments coming for 2019? Johns is supposedly bringing back the JSA. Wonder if this will affect her in 2019.
    I do like Power Girl best when she's a member of the JSA on the main Earth, but right now she's still stuck between dimensions as far as we know. I'm not sure we'll see her for a while, but what makes it worse is that DC isn't really even doing much with Tanya, so the change feels like a wash now.

Nevertheless, I'm hopeful some news will come down the pipeline when the JSA information does.

I would love to see PG in something for 2019!

I am always hoping that Power Girl might appear in the TV Supergirl show, but I want Karen as her comic self, complete with white costume, bigger musculature and short blonde hair. But not sure if they have any plans to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would love to see PG in something for 2019!

I am always hoping that Power Girl might appear in the TV Supergirl show, but I want Karen as her comic self, complete with white costume, bigger musculature and short blonde hair. But not sure if they have any plans to go this route.
    100% agreement here. Besides her appearances in HQ which are kind of inofficial I guess there was nothing but that reference in an Deathstroke annual I head about. *sigh* I don't follow DS; was there anything more after that at some point?

I would love a new solo series for her. Loved the post final crisis series she had (even the ones with the crappy art about half way in :P).

I would also love to see a accurate live adaption in either Arrowverse or DCEU but I fear they would simply mess her up.

What's really creepy is that he would have looked exactly like her cousin when he was younger. Certainly she would have seen pictures of him by then. Genetically, he would also be close enough to be HER cousin as well. Maybe not first cousins but still pretty close. The seventies were weird.
    Assassinate Putin!

Happy New Year to Power Girl and all her fans .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year to Power Girl and all her fans .
    Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well my friend and everyone else.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Power Girl in Superman Batman Public Enemies as one of the superheroes charged by Luthor to arrest Superman and Batman, but then alongside Katana, she betrayed Luthor and help them.

I didn't think much of her beyond that. Over the years I heard about her reputation. Her confusing origin, her boob window reputation, her boobs reputation, and loads of sexy art, official and non official. I found out that she's supposed to be the original Supergirl transferred to different earth, and kinda tuned out ^^

power_girl_by_adamhughes_d1if96z-fullview.jpg

I've read a few pages that people post online, but I still don't know about her beyond that. I don't really know her personality. I don't know if I should read her classic Supergirl. Like does that even matter when she's an adult now, in different earth, and the classic Supergirl origin has been adapted for the current Supergirl?

Where is she now? Last I saw her New 52 version was in Earth 2, but there's also a classic Power Girl cameo in the background of Rebirth comics.

Has there been any plans announced to bring her back anytime soon?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I first saw Power Girl in Superman Batman Public Enemies as one of the superheroes charged by Luthor to arrest Superman and Batman, but then alongside Katana, she betrayed Luthor and help them.

I didn't think much of her beyond that. Over the years I heard about her reputation. Her confusing origin, her boob window reputation, her boobs reputation, and loads of sexy art, official and non official. I found out that she's supposed to be the original Supergirl transferred to different earth, and kinda tuned out ^^

power_girl_by_adamhughes_d1if96z-fullview.jpg

I've read a few pages that people post online, but I still don't know about her beyond that. I don't really know her personality. I don't know if I should read her classic Supergirl. Like does that even matter when she's an adult now, in different earth, and the classic Supergirl origin has been adapted for the current Supergirl?

Where is she now? Last I saw her New 52 version was in Earth 2, but there's also a classic Power Girl cameo in the background of Rebirth comics.
    There is not much solo material I know of from her but I really loved reading Power Trip (https://www.amazon.com/Power-Girl-Tr...l+Power+Trip); first 12 issues of her run + some others, plays after Final Crisis and before Flashpoint/N52.

She is NOT Supergirl. Yes, she is also Kara, but with a bit more sass and cynicism.

Last Rebirth/post Rebirth appearances of her where several cameos in Harley Quinn issues (which might play on another earth or in another time) and one in an Deathstoke issue which claims shes lost between worlds/universes which might be the official status.
    Last edited by The_Lurk; 01-03-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What's really creepy is that he would have looked exactly like her cousin when he was younger. Certainly she would have seen pictures of him by then. Genetically, he would also be close enough to be HER cousin as well. Maybe not first cousins but still pretty close. The seventies were weird.
    Did E2 Supes and Lois where not Karas/PGs adopted parents?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Did E2 Supes and Lois where not Karas/PGs adopted parents?
    According to the Superman encyclopedia they were. Now, if that had been established by the time that particular story had ran, I don't know. Keep in mind, that story was written early on in her existence so how much of her backstory had been established by then is unclear. All we know is that Superman kept her in hiding until her first appearance.
    Assassinate Putin!