Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Maybe they didn't want Power Girl getting fatally poisoned every time she was near a residential neighborhood. All that lead in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I get that they wanted to keep her around after COIE and they couldn't make her Kryptonian but the Atlantean origin just seemed so unnecessarily complicated. I don't see why they couldn't just make her from a different planet that also circled a red star. Like a Daxamite or something. They could call her Superman's "cousin" ironically or as a joke. Or just make it something she tells people as an explanation for her powers.
    That's more or less the origin of DCAU Supergirl.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    That's more or less the origin of DCAU Supergirl.
    Edit: Disregard, I can't read.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I get that they wanted to keep her around after COIE and they couldn't make her Kryptonian but the Atlantean origin just seemed so unnecessarily complicated. I don't see why they couldn't just make her from a different planet that also circled a red star. Like a Daxamite or something. They could call her Superman's "cousin" ironically or as a joke. Or just make it something she tells people as an explanation for her powers.
    The Daxamite thing is actually a good idea, definitely could've worked.

There were several half-hearted attempts to tie her into Aquaman's world at the time, but that never worked out. Although at the time, I was all for it.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Even at the time of trying to tie her into Atlantis and Arion, I wondered why they just didn't make her a Daxamite, although I guess that could have taken away from her being the nearly last of her kind. I dont have a problem with them going the same way they went with her Pre-Flashpoint...the only survivor or her dimension and much prefer it to the New52 origin they have left her with. Power Girl should NEVER be just another Supergirl.

I know they made a Supergirl analog by the name of Andromeda who was a Daxamite, and I think, a cousin of Mon-El. But her size and bulk were more on the order of Power Girl. I heard a rumour at that time that Andromeda was a grown up Power Girl who had amnesia.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I know they made a Supergirl analog by the name of Andromeda who was a Daxamite, and I think, a cousin of Mon-El. But her size and bulk were more on the order of Power Girl. I heard a rumour at that time that Andromeda was a grown up Power Girl who had amnesia.
    I loved her in the legion and wouldn't have minded had they gone that route.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Even at the time of trying to tie her into Atlantis and Arion, I wondered why they just didn't make her a Daxamite, although I guess that could have taken away from her being the nearly last of her kind. I dont have a problem with them going the same way they went with her Pre-Flashpoint...the only survivor or her dimension and much prefer it to the New52 origin they have left her with. Power Girl should NEVER be just another Supergirl.
    I kind of wonder if when if they're ever going get back to her situation in rebirth is. They never followed up on that thing in deathstroke where she was saw trapped somewhere inbetween dimensions. Then next they just had her show up in Harley Quinn which is kind of only soft continuity at best and she hasn't been seen outside there except that HiC cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    I kind of wonder if when if they're ever going get back to her situation in rebirth is. They never followed up on that thing in deathstroke where she was saw trapped somewhere inbetween dimensions. Then next they just had her show up in Harley Quinn which is kind of only soft continuity at best and she hasn't been seen outside there except that HiC cover.
    I've kind of gotten the impression that she and all JSA characters are on hold due to Doomsday Clock. Once the dust settles there and we get a JSA back of some sorts they will work her out.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I loved her in the legion and wouldn't have minded had they gone that route.
    Yes, me too.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    They don't seem to follow up on a a lot of stuff. Jay Garrick has been stuck in limbo for, what, two years now? I don't think the Harley Quinn book is supposed to be canon. She's a prisoner of the SS in their book but roaming around free in her own?
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I liked those old stories.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I actually have that issue!
    Assassinate Putin!

Incredible Member
    Last edited by gwhh; 02-25-2019 at 08:13 PM.