Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I dont think she has a larger cup....

It seems to be based on the perspective, because she is holding the cup and so the cup is near to the reader...

Question: I thougt Power Girl died recently?
    Was this another Power Girl and the original is coming back or?
    I don't think one forearm length is enough to justify the difference there, and Amanda Conner loves visual gags, so I'm going to assume she did it intentionally.

I don't recall PG dying, but I stopped reading her adventures when DC made her go off to join Earth-2 and it's multitude of reboots and relaunches and she regressed into Supergirl as I understand it. She gave her title away and I think imbued her replacement with some powers and then left for Earth-2. That new Power Girl, Tanya, was in a few teams and recently got written out as well when Kara appeared for a moment and now both are in Limbo (in universe and out).

If you want any more info on Power Girl, DC is just giving one big shrug right now. She appears in big crowd shots sometimes because artists seem to enjoy drawing her, but I think that's due to editor oversight.

by Michelle Sciuto

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Streaky does not look very happy in that picture.
    Assassinate Putin!

I've just read Deathstroke vol.5: The Fall of Slade.

All I want to know is when they'll tackle that plot with the OG Power Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post

My hope is it's tied to the JSA returning. She works best with them.

If Atlee could be her sidekick, or Tanya, and she gets a solo book that would be great too.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Streaky does not look very happy in that picture.
    Streaky's not sure how to feel about an adult Kara .

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But really, I think the last thing Karen needs right now is to be shipped with anyone. More than anything else, I just want her back in a book, dammit!
    Agreed. I'm in no rush to see Karen's love life become a major focus of any narrative, I'm far more interested in seeing her back in action and kicking ass.

At the same time though, I come at "Powerwing" from Dick's perspective; I want DC to push him and elevate him and everyone needs to move the f**k on from Babs and Kory, which means introducing a new love interest for Nightwing that fans can actually get behind (as opposed to the crappy ones writers keep coming up with, who're doomed to disappear as soon as the writer leaves the book). So I definitely ship Powerwing for Dick's sake more than Karen's.

Mid-Nite.....I dunno, I read once (no idea how true it is) that the original writer for Cross (from that prestige mini before the JSA revival) intended for the character to be gay, and that's always stuck with me so I'd rather see him come out of the closet than date Power Girl.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Agreed. I'm in no rush to see Karen's love life become a major focus of any narrative, I'm far more interested in seeing her back in action and kicking ass.

At the same time though, I come at "Powerwing" from Dick's perspective; I want DC to push him and elevate him and everyone needs to move the f**k on from Babs and Kory, which means introducing a new love interest for Nightwing that fans can actually get behind (as opposed to the crappy ones writers keep coming up with, who're doomed to disappear as soon as the writer leaves the book). So I definitely ship Powerwing for Dick's sake more than Karen's.

Mid-Nite.....I dunno, I read once (no idea how true it is) that the original writer for Cross (from that prestige mini before the JSA revival) intended for the character to be gay, and that's always stuck with me so I'd rather see him come out of the closet than date Power Girl.
    That would be Matt Wagner.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Michelle Sciuto
    I just now noticed that her belt buckle looks like the "power" symbol on computers. Not sure if anyone else caught that. Or maybe I"m just slow.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I just now noticed that her belt buckle looks like the "power" symbol on computers. Not sure if anyone else caught that. Or maybe I"m just slow.
    That was one of Amanda Conner's design contributions and I enjoy it a lot. Subtle, but fun and it is a nod to her secret identity (when she bothers) as a software company CEO.

Chapter Nine of my Dragon Ball Z/DC crossover "Power Woman Wife of Goku", which features a Power Girl/Chi Chi fusion, is posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1294361...n-Wife-of-Goku

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post

Priest doesn't leave plot threads hanging, so it will get resolved before his run ends. How he's going to pull it off I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My hope is it's tied to the JSA returning. She works best with them.

If Atlee could be her sidekick, or Tanya, and she gets a solo book that would be great too.
    Please be JSA please be JSA.
    Yesterday, I'd ordered JSA omnibus vol.3 man I hope it's worth it. Omni vol. 1 and 2 were awesometacular.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Priest doesn't leave plot threads hanging, so it will get resolved before his run ends. How he's going to pull it off I have no idea.
    I hope you're right, but I read somewhere his run will end by issue #50, roughly by the end of this year? Perhaps DC will give Priest a new book (which I hope they will.).