Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

https://www.newsarama.com/45553-scot...-for-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Snyder
    My sights are really set on the original team, their origins, what it meant to be the first superhero team in the 1940s.
    I love the JSA so much, but I am disheartened to see Stargirl, Michael Holt and obviously PG don't seem to be in the relaunch here.

Hopefully they rejoin soon when the team is established again.

I wrote up an idea for a cast for a dc series about protecting the multiverse. Karen was one of the characters.

https://cbros5.tumblr.com/post/18296...mda-multiverse

Thoughts?

Incredible Member

You would think an appreciation thread for Kara Zor-L / Karen Starr / Power Girl would SPELL HER NAME RIGHT IN THE TITLE!! That is all.

I know Snyder is bringing back the main Earth's JSA, but I hope they also restore the classic Earth-2 and have Power Girl be from there again. I love Johns's run, but he unnecessarily convoluted her origin.
    Prime Earth JSA and Earth-2 JSA could coexist, but I kind of doubt DC will go that way. I'm curious if they'll even attempt to explore PG's origins. Or if they're bringing her back at all :/

Chapter Ten of my Dragon Ball Z/DC crossover "Power Woman Wife of Goku", which features a Power Girl/Chi Chi fusion, is posted -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1294361...n-Wife-of-Goku

If so inclined, enjoy
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

power girl
    by TovioRogers

cross power girl and red she-hulk
    by TovioRogers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

cross power girl and red she-hulk
    by TovioRogers
    I love this pic (which I've seen before). It or rather she is one of my favorite fan-made amalgam/warp concepts.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

Power Girl has been a fav since her debut in ALL STAR COMICS. Probably because she wasn’t just a copy of Supergirl.

If we could ever get a restored original Earth - 2, I could see a coupling of Karen Starr and Dick Grayson working.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Power Girl has been a fav since her debut in ALL STAR COMICS. Probably because she wasn’t just a copy of Supergirl.

If we could ever get a restored original Earth - 2, I could see a coupling of Karen Starr and Dick Grayson working.
    You'll find that's not an uncommon opinion in this thread. Welcome, Powerwing brethren. Try the punch.

One of us!

One of us!

One of us!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Last edited by juan678; 11-25-2019 at 03:57 AM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Which was the problem with the new 52 power girl...she was just another copy of Supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Which was the problem with the new 52 power girl...she was just another copy of Supergirl.
    Well the New 52 had a real problem with similar (read: legacy or perceived redundancy) characters as long as you weren't Green Lantern, so that's why are began as Michael Holt's trophy girlfriend. Levitz tried to do something but sales weren't there.

It doesn't seem like the upper brass at DC really get the character, so while I want her featuring in JSA (I'd love a solo, but I admit it wouldn't sell), I don't trust that Didio and Co would allow her to be as unique as she really is.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Well the New 52 had a real problem with similar (read: legacy or perceived redundancy) characters as long as you weren't Green Lantern, so that's why are began as Michael Holt's trophy girlfriend. Levitz tried to do something but sales weren't there.

It doesn't seem like the upper brass at DC really get the character, so while I want her featuring in JSA (I'd love a solo, but I admit it wouldn't sell), I don't trust that Didio and Co would allow her to be as unique as she really is.
    And that is something I dont really get...she's pretty much unique as a legacy character, but when they brought her back with the Earth 2 series and the Worlds' Finest, they made her very generic. It definitely shows the people putting things together right now do not understand her character at all (same with Donna Troy, Nightwing, Wally West....)

Found this image in a Power Girl feats thread. Anyone know what comic it is from?