Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Found this image in a Power Girl feats thread. Anyone know what comic it is from?
    JSA All-Stars#10. 2010. The Gods of Parador saga. When Kara and her teammates had to stop a group of children transformed into giant prehispanic deities.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Nice costume. But why is PG sad? Lack of the boob-window?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

While I do miss the window, the lack of any red is more jarring. I realize the artist wanted to move away from the said window, but I feel like this will look a lot more like PG with a red cape.

If I had to guess, she's unhappy that the main point of discussion is still her chest and how she dresses. I wish people would move on, but hey, it's a hill we're all going to die on I suppose.

Well, if she was not slumping and pouting, I never would have mentioned it!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I find that Superman costume more disturbing. Hers is the most normal of the lot.
    Assassinate Putin!

Just a sidebar: Tanya Spears was an underrated power girl who had great potential in the role if one wanted to avoid the timey wimey multiverse stuff. Shame Priest left her stranded with Karen, most likely to never return whilst Karen will in an unrelated story.
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

TIL Gerry Conway's story in Thor #207 (1973) mentioned the name "Powergirl," three years before he helped create Power Girl in All Star Comics #58.

Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-28-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Does this mean Marvel can sue?
    Assassinate Putin!

Powergirl with a young sidekick like Batman. Powerboy. Put him in the oldschool booty shorts. Make it happen. She needs this for a revival, people!

Think about it. Jon's older now and he's gone with the Legion. Batman still has the robins, and Supergirl's too old now to be Clark's sidekick. The Superfamily needs someone to have a young ward. Give it to Karen! It'd be great to see a woman hero with a young male sidekick like Clark and Bruce had a young girl sidekick, but Wonder Woman can't do it since Steve Trevor's having a meltdown with just living with Aphrodite. So, it's up to PG, baby!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-28-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Also interestingly, this comes from the same comic that features people wearing Superman and Batman costumes.

Minor pet peeve, but it's "Power Girl," not "Powergirl." This over drives me nuts and it's right there in the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They've had decades to do so. They probably don't care.

They've had decades to do so. They probably don't care.
    They only really started to care about the Captain Marvel thing when movies became viable, so I feel that if for whatever reason PG was going to show up in a movie, someone at Marvel may say something. Considering how much more DC has used the name over decades, though, I imagine they'll probably win out in the end. Same as the Swamp/Man thing issue. Regardless of who ripped off who, a lot of this also comes down to who actually made the idea into something. There's so much cross contamination between the big two conceptually.