Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    While we're on the topic of Nightwing and Power Girl, here's them swapping costumes.

Hilariously, Dick is the only guy who could run around in PG's costume due to him rocking the booty shorts as the Boy Wonder for years (and 'cause he's Dick Grayson in general)

And PG looks great in a domino mask.
    The Nightwing suit looks great on Kara and agreed on Dick wearing her outfit. He coulduld totally do that, if only to throw people off.

Anybody knows if our ultimate crisis survivor made it to one of these very blurry NY comic con panels or does the current DC leadership still keeping our girl down?

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Classic cover art by Kerry Gammill from Power Girl #1 (June, 1988):

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    Anybody knows if our ultimate crisis survivor made it to one of these very blurry NY comic con panels or does the current DC leadership still keeping our girl down?
    Nothing I've heard, she's still MIA and the JSA relaunch being in the past tells me that is unlikely to change, sorry to say.

So I was just over in the wonder woman forums and there's a thread about wonder woman vs other female heroes and fans in the thread said that wonder woman would easily beat power girl and is the most powerful female in dc.

My question is not about who wins in a fight but where does PG stack up in DC female power tier list. I believe diana and Karen should be equal with diana being the more skilled fight fighter but Karen having more raw power being a full adult kryptonian. How do you guys see them.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    So I was just over in the wonder woman forums and there's a thread about wonder woman vs other female heroes and fans in the thread said that wonder woman would easily beat power girl and is the most powerful female in dc.

My question is not about who wins in a fight but where does PG stack up in DC female power tier list. I believe diana and Karen should be equal with diana being the more skilled fight fighter but Karen having more raw power being a full adult kryptonian. How do you guys see them.
    I'd say Karen has the slight edge in strength while Diana is the more trained combatant.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Two words: Heat Vision.
    Assassinate Putin!

That's where I come down on it too. Essentially, it's the same fight as against Superman but with minor quirks. I think overall Diana would win unless, for some reason, Superman's plot armor needs to kick in (a la Crisis, Jon/Lois being at stake, etc.) where he usually gets the edge. I don't see Kara getting that same treatment, so whereas I put Clark in a 30-40% chance to win, I'd give Kara a 10-20%. She doesn't have his plot armor, sales or overall reverence.

Clark only beats Diana because he generally sells better, is the grandfather of the entire genre and the general reverence for his place in pop culture. He gets a unique pass, but I still don't put him over Wonder Woman. Especially when she's armed with some degree of magic-infused weaponry or some such.

A Kryptonian of Clark or Karen's experience would never be an easy fight for Diana, but she would certainly have the edge on them. I think fans who think it's a cakewalk essentially see Power Girl as some joke TnA character and how dare she even rank against Diana. They probably aren't fans of both, because if they were they'd be able to accept the end result's the same if not the journey.

I think both Karen and Clark are more dangerous to the multiverse because, well, they can go cosmic and Diana's generally confined to Earth. That's one place where I'd definitely say them going bad is a bigger threat than Diana, but in a straight-up fight? My money's the Amazonian princess.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-07-2019 at 07:15 PM.

I dont know, kryptonians have been shown thoughout DC's history to be stronger, faster and more powerful than Amazon. Diana's training should close the gap.

In terms of raw power I believe Karen should be stronger.

I dont know, kryptonians have been shown thoughout DC's history to be stronger, faster and more powerful than Amazon. Diana's training should close the gap.

In terms of raw power I believe Karen should be stronger.
    Sure, but unless they're arm wrestling, I don't see it overcoming Diana's martial skill or enchanted arsenal. A solid beatdown may be enough, hence why I don't see it as hopeless, but I don't see Clark or the Karas really getting into that position enough to sway my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's where I come down on it too. Essentially, it's the same fight as against Superman but with minor quirks. I think overall Diana would win unless, for some reason, Superman's plot armor needs to kick in (a la Crisis, Jon/Lois being at stake, etc.) where he usually gets the edge. I don't see Kara getting that same treatment, so whereas I put Clark in a 30-40% chance to win, I'd give Kara a 10-20%. She doesn't have his plot armor, sales or overall reverence.
    This is about where I come down on it too. Whether Karen is stronger, just as strong, or a little less strong than Diana doesn't really make a difference (and I'd call Karen being stronger and more durable, but less quick with weaker hand-eye coordination). Diana's almost objectively the best combatant out of the powered heroes, and knowing how to fight like that, with that kind of power and the kind of weapons she employs.....damn few stand a chance against Diana when she decides to get serious.

But Karen is still a experienced, powerful hero and she's not gonna make it easy for Diana.

As for Supergirl....she's got power and potential, but is too young and inexperienced (at least in modern continuity). I don't think Diana would actually find Kara a great challenge, even if Kara has the advantage in strength.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Two words: Heat Vision.
    Three words: sisterhood with fire.

I think the inconsistencies with how Kryptonians powers are shown causes problems with ranking them. In some cases they are shown to be slightly stronger than an Amazon like Wonder Woman, but in other cases they are shown to be VASTLY stronger than them. So if they are just slightly stronger then you can argue that maybe Wonder Woman's combat training could give her the edge, but if Karen is shown to be way more powerful, like to the level of being able to move planets, then that combat training is completely useless and she would get destroyed.

Let's not forget that the Amazons themselves (including and especially Diana) havent been very consistent in their power either.

It definitely makes it hard to really rank their abilities when both sides swing back and forth on the "strength" spectrum so much.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Power wise: the Kryptonian. They (or rather Superman, but the others because of him) are created to be the ultimate power level outside of reality shaping cosmic god beings.

Marketing power wise: Wonder Woman of course. Lots of ppl mix that up. See the sad (but surprisingly high quality) attempt to make a Wonder Woman vs. Wolverine fight look like they are fighting on equal ground. When you have these type of fan favorite fights the powers will almost always be tweaked to rationalize why the marketing stronger one just had the upper hand. Some abilities suddenly got forgotten; some others suddenly work three times the peak efficiency like they usually does. I would not be surprised if there is some Wolverine vs. Superman fight out there where it is explained that Marvels adamantium works like magic kryptonite.