Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    fan base is large enough to rival supergirls, but ascended is right in today's market characters need to be attached to DC biggest and strongest IP's. Its what separates the power girls and vixens from the black Caney's and mera's.

If power girl had much stronger connections to superman and nightwing she might have a solo right now a d she definitely wouldn't be in limbo. Hell midnighter got a solo because of dick a d we know how supergirl and Jon benefits from being close to clark.
    Quite right. Instead however, DC has gone out of its way in the past decade or so to deny that she's even part of the SM Family.

Just curious, where or when did PG get some tangent relation to Nightwing?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    She doesn't. This is just a ship a few of us are into, and somehow it got brought back up again.

I mean, they know each other. They've worked together a few times. But I dunno if they've shared more than a dozen lines of dialogue, ever. They're not close. They just *should* be.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    She doesn't. This is just a ship a few of us are into, and somehow it got brought back up again.

I mean, they know each other. They've worked together a few times. But I dunno if they've shared more than a dozen lines of dialogue, ever. They're not close. They just *should* be.
    In her own words, she digs her some Dick Grayson. They teamed up when he was Batman.

Also, minor spoilers for Doomsday Clock #12 but as per Reddit spoilers:
    Karen's back, boys, and she was with the JSA, old and alongside the current Legion, making me think the Johns lineup may actually be coming back!!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-18-2019 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    In her own words, she digs her some Dick Grayson. They teamed up when he was Batman.

Also, minor spoilers for DC #12 but as per Reddit spoilers:
    Karen's back, boys, and she was with the JSA.
    end of spoilers
    not to sound stupid but what's DC #12?

Yes Karen does digs her some dick grayson. Please read power girl #17 it's awesome. Its true Karen doesn't have "ship protection" like black canary and mera do. If Karen was dick current love interest and super counterpart she'd never be in lobo.

not to sound stupid but what's DC #12?
    Doomsday Clock. I'll edit my original post to prevent confusion.

Karen's back, boys, and she was with the JSA, old and alongside the current Legion, making me think the Johns lineup may actually be coming back!!
    end of spoilers
    Yes Karen does digs her some dick grayson. Please read power girl #17 it's awesome. Its true Karen doesn't have "ship protection" like black canary and mera do. If Karen was dick current love interest and super counterpart she'd never be in lobo.
    Well I like the idea of them a lot. I do remember seeing some images of her talking to Dick as Batman where she reveals she knows he's not Bruce, but is Dick.

Also, yeah Doomsday Clock #12 was pretty cool to see for many characters' current place in the world. But if spoilers:
    Earth-2 is back, or...well, never went away, according to Manhattan, is PG gonna stay on this current Earth? I hope so.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Well I like the idea of them a lot. I do remember seeing some images of her talking to Dick as Batman where she reveals she knows he's not Bruce, but is Dick.

Also, yeah Doomsday Clock #12 was pretty cool to see for many characters' current place in the world. But if spoilers:
    Earth-2 is back, or...well, never went away, according to Manhattan, is PG gonna stay on this current Earth? I hope so.
    end of spoilers
    Can I ask if she's the one from the nu52 or some other version? And what does she do?

BANNED

There would one on Earth 2, Earth 52, Earth Zero, Earth 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Can I ask if she's the one from the nu52 or some other version? And what does she do?
    Actually...I'm quite unsure of PG's current status quo in terms of what Earth and continuity she's from, lol. She's been in a weird state for a while. I assume we'll get some answers when the JSA starts again.

Extraordinary Member

Actually...I'm quite unsure of PG's current status quo in terms of what Earth and continuity she's from, lol. She's been in a weird state for a while. I assume we'll get some answers when the JSA starts again.
    Heh, that's PG these days, nobody knows...

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

end of spoilers
    I hope this means we're getting the "old" JSA back. Including her leading the team. Have no idea what the explanation for her origins are here.
    Assassinate Putin!

Oh yeah she does. I don't think Karen's love life has been developed enough for her to have an established type, but.....Dick Grayson is everyone's type.

And other than not being a redhead, I think Karen is Dick's type. In fact I feel like she's sort of the best of both Babs and Kory and if a writer locked them in a room for 24 hours I don't think the pen would allow anything other than fantastic chemistry to happen between them. For real, I think it'd almost write itself.

I wish they hung out more. I'm pretty sure they most interactions they've had was during the Robinson JLA just before the reboot, and that didn't last too damn long.

As for the Doomsday Clock thing.....haven't had a chance to get to the LCS but I'm not holding my breath. That big reveal with the whole crowd of heroes that everyone is talking about? There's a few red flags there that make me wonder if that image was in fact a literal road map for DC's plans. I'm lacking context, having not read the whole issue yet, but while there's actually stuff there that's pertinent (like the new Legion) there's also stuff that makes me wonder if the image is more spiritual than literal. So I'm not getting my hopes up that Dick or Power Girl are going to get solid treatment in the near future. Not just because they got to be in a splash page. Not after DC has treated them so poorly for so long.
    Last edited by Ascended; 12-19-2019 at 07:10 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Oh yeah she does. I don't think Karen's love life has been developed enough for her to have an established type, but.....Dick Grayson is everyone's type.

And other than not being a redhead, I think Karen is Dick's type. In fact I feel like she's sort of the best of both Babs and Kory and if a writer locked them in a room for 24 hours I don't think the pen would allow anything other than fantastic chemistry to happen between them. For real, I think it'd almost write itself.

I wish they hung out more. I'm pretty sure they most interactions they've had was during the Robinson JLA just before the reboot, and that didn't last too damn long.

As for the Doomsday Clock thing.....haven't had a chance to get to the LCS but I'm not holding my breath. That big reveal with the whole crowd of heroes that everyone is talking about? There's a few red flags there that make me wonder if that image was in fact a literal road map for DC's plans. I'm lacking context, having not read the whole issue yet, but while there's actually stuff there that's pertinent (like the new Legion) there's also stuff that makes me wonder if the image is more spiritual than literal. So I'm not getting my hopes up that Dick or Power Girl are going to get solid treatment in the near future. Not just because they got to be in a splash page. Not after DC has treated them so poorly for so long.
    Well, I don't think it necessarily means she's 100% back and going to be in a JSA book, but at the very least it seems like there's a pretty good chance she may be part of a modern lineup and that DC hasn't forgotten how important she is to that team. It's small, but any bone's a feast to the famished. Throw 'em here, DC!