Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Oh yeah she does. I don't think Karen's love life has been developed enough for her to have an established type, but.....Dick Grayson is everyone's type.

And other than not being a redhead, I think Karen is Dick's type. In fact I feel like she's sort of the best of both Babs and Kory and if a writer locked them in a room for 24 hours I don't think the pen would allow anything other than fantastic chemistry to happen between them. For real, I think it'd almost write itself.

I wish they hung out more. I'm pretty sure they most interactions they've had was during the Robinson JLA just before the reboot, and that didn't last too damn long.

As for the Doomsday Clock thing.....haven't had a chance to get to the LCS but I'm not holding my breath. That big reveal with the whole crowd of heroes that everyone is talking about? There's a few red flags there that make me wonder if that image was in fact a literal road map for DC's plans. I'm lacking context, having not read the whole issue yet, but while there's actually stuff there that's pertinent (like the new Legion) there's also stuff that makes me wonder if the image is more spiritual than literal. So I'm not getting my hopes up that Dick or Power Girl are going to get solid treatment in the near future. Not just because they got to be in a splash page. Not after DC has treated them so poorly for so long.
    you are so right about karen being the best of both worlds between babs and kory. All of there strengths without the weaknesses, Karen unlike kory can fit into dick's more normal life outside the costume. They can go out together in public like hot you adults and not blow dick's Id. Unlike babs Karen dosen't limit dick to just batman and Gotham, Karen can allow dick more freedom to be/play in the greater dcu. Some worlds finest adventures in space? Or time travel? Some multiversal hopping or just date nights of ass kicking around the globe.

Also I just thought of this, dude there kid would be a BEAST! That kid would have all the powers of a super with all the skills of a bat (and the looks of both parents) that kid would basically be DC's GOKU!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    you are so right about karen being the best of both worlds between babs and kory. All of there strengths without the weaknesses, Karen unlike kory can fit into dick's more normal life outside the costume. They can go out together in public like hot you adults and not blow dick's Id. Unlike babs Karen dosen't limit dick to just batman and Gotham, Karen can allow dick more freedom to be/play in the greater dcu. Some worlds finest adventures in space? Or time travel? Some multiversal hopping or just date nights of ass kicking around the globe.

Also I just thought of this, dude there kid would be a BEAST! That kid would have all the powers of a super with all the skills of a bat (and the looks of both parents) that kid would basically be DC's GOKU!
    IIRC, there was a follow up to KC by Waid, in which PG had a teenage daughter. I don't recall much about her, but also...WHO was the father in that one? Was it in fact Dick, or someone else?

Oh wow, yeah they would! That's a scary combo.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    IIRC, there was a follow up to KC by Waid, in which PG had a teenage daughter. I don't recall much about her, but also...WHO was the father in that one? Was it in fact Dick, or someone else?
    I don't recall if the identity of the father was revealed but I don't think it was Dick. He had a daughter with Starfire (called Nightstar) who was around the same age. So unless Dick was cheating on Kory, and I struggle to imagine that ever happening, Karen's kid had a different father.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I don't recall if the identity of the father was revealed but I don't think it was Dick. He had a daughter with Starfire (called Nightstar) who was around the same age. So unless Dick was cheating on Kory, and I struggle to imagine that ever happening, Karen's kid had a different father.
    Didn't Dick sleep with Batgirl a few days before his wedding to Kory? Lol.

Also, are you sure it was PG's kid in KC? I know Supergirl had a daughter with Brainiac 5.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Pretty sure that was a retcon.

Also, are you sure it was PG's kid in KC? I know Supergirl had a daughter with Brainiac 5.
    .....could be? My memory is far from infallible.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post

Yeah, but it wasn't KC itself, but rather the sequel no one bothered to read, written by Waid, but without Ross. PG did have a teen daughter there, and IIRC her name was...Kara. Creativity not evidently a Kryptonian thing.

Extraordinary Member

Good point. I wonder who it was then?

Yes Karen does digs her some dick grayson. Please read power girl #17 it's awesome. Its true Karen doesn't have "ship protection" like black canary and mera do. If Karen was dick current love interest and super counterpart she'd never be in lobo.
    is there an alternate future where Dick and Karen are a couple, with children?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is there an alternate future where Dick and Karen are a couple, with children?
    Not presently. They don't actually interact all that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Not presently. They don't actually interact all that much.
    they should be each others worlds finest partners.

Good point. I wonder who it was then?
    I don't think it was ever said. My memory here is rusty so don't hold me to this, but I feel like when Kingdom came out we had recently come out of a story where Karen became pregnant through unusual means and there was no father at all, as far as anyone knew. Or something like that. And I think one or two women over at Marvel went through a similar storyline. So Waid might not have been too concerned about the father of Karen's kid in KC, since women could just spontaneously burst into pregnancy at the time.

they should be each others worlds finest partners.
    It'd make sense.

Dick and Power Girl; the original legacies for their respective mentors (if you count Power Girl as the OG Supergirl). Same age, or close to it, nice contrasts and parallels in their lives and how they interact with their mentors.

Jason and Supergirl.

Tim and Conner.

Damian and Jon.

Ace and Krypto.

Batcow and Comet the Super Horse.

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, but that other thing was worse, much, much worse. After becoming mysteriously pregnant during her JLE/JLI tenure, and into some JLA stuff, and trying to figure out who the dad was, (the main candidates being Hal Jordan and Aquaman), it turned out that her "grandfather" at the time, Arion, had done the deed. Yes, seriously icky, and makes you want to know why they went there, and the revelation that it was all done "magically", somehow fails to make it any better. Kid is born, ages overnight as one does, saves mom and the universe and then mysteriously vanishes never to be seen, heard from, or even referenced again. I suppose someone at DC had second thoughts.

Beyond that, they shipped her with Hawkman in a one panel deal where she explains about the Hawks to Arsenal. And yes, she has used some interesting language referring to Dick in her solo which indicates she's not immune to the Dick Grayson charm. While nu52 PG, in Levitz' run, was VERY interested in anything male, and I'm not sure that PG limited herself that much. Apart from that though, she's not been shipped too much. Thankfully. I don't mind that, but I think it would be best to wait till someone finally decides to develop her character and story more.

I think the main problem of trying to ship PG with Dick is that while PG has indicated something you could interpret as some interest in him, the reverse isn't true AFAIK. He clearly knows her pretty well, and likes her, but nothing more. Well...the second main problem, the first of course being Starfire, and others.
    Last edited by achilles; 12-22-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

To be honest, I don't think he's uninterested. PG notoriously turns a lot of people down and most their interactions were during a time when both were in a state of flux. You could argue he wasn't ready for that and probably didn't want to bug her about it when his heart's not really in it.

But for what it's worth, I want to see that relationship developed if it comes to pass. They are too fun to just be rushed into a la Val Zod. New volume of World's Finest, please! Build it. He would absolutely draw out her funner, sassier side and she'd keep him from brooding too much. They have the right power and clout to basically take on anyone so it's not like the book would pigeonhole what they can do.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    To be honest, I don't think he's uninterested. PG notoriously turns a lot of people down and most their interactions were during a time when both were in a state of flux. You could argue he wasn't ready for that and probably didn't want to bug her about it when his heart's not really in it.

But for what it's worth, I want to see that relationship developed if it comes to pass. They are too fun to just be rushed into a la Val Zod. New volume of World's Finest, please! Build it. He would absolutely draw out her funner, sassier side and she'd keep him from brooding too much. They have the right power and clout to basically take on anyone so it's not like the book would pigeonhole what they can do.
    They certainly rushed into the Val-Zod thing, didn't they? Hopefully, if they ship her again with someone, they take their time and make it seem natural.

I think the main problem of trying to ship PG with Dick is that while PG has indicated something you could interpret as some interest in him, the reverse isn't true AFAIK. He clearly knows her pretty well, and likes her, but nothing more. Well...the second main problem, the first of course being Starfire, and others.
    You're right that Dick has never expressed interest in Karen. At least not to my knowledge. But I wouldn't say they know each other that well. They know each other, and they know each other well enough to trust each other in a professional capacity and have some mutual respect and admiration for each other. But I don't know if they've ever sat down and just had a conversation. Their interactions have been pretty rare, and almost always within the context of a larger threat like a Crisis or League mission.

It's not like Dick has actively expressed his *lack* of interest in Karen either. There's never been a panel (that I know of) where he thinks "Man, she's a great person but just not my type, and the only feelings I could ever have for her are platonic, just like with Donna."

I totally agree that any ship with Karen (or any ship, really) needs to be handled organically and not rushed. If the plan is to have it stick you can't force it.

Now here's a question. I firmly believe any characters in a relationship should belong to the same editorial department (I don't even like mixing franchises or solo title holders, but I make an exception here). So do we move Dick to the Super editorial (or whoever controls Karen) or does Karen join the Batman editorial?

~ Black Panther.