Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Kon93

I liked mr terrific as a love interest,totally opposite of her.

Smile

As a fan of the character, it is nice to see Powergirl getting so much love (attention) in the New Year. Her 2018 Thread was pretty dead, sadly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    As a fan of the character, it is nice to see Powergirl getting so much love (attention) in the New Year. Her 2018 Thread was pretty dead, sadly.
    Sadly, they always dry up in terms of conversation and become fanwork post repositories (which while cool, generally don't incite discussion).

I didn't think about it until today, but I've always had my PG and Nightwing POPs beside each other just because they're two of my favorite characters, but in light of Ascended's renewed interest in discussing their pairing (he's noted it beforehand), I'm starting to think he implanted them into my subconscious and has slowly been turning me to his way of thought. My reservations decrease with each post.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But I digress, we're here to discuss Power Girl. I imagine she'd bring some more levity to Wayne Manor on big get-togethers when it's usually just Dick (when he himself is not brooding).

It would be really quite fun to see her take Atlee under her wing in a team up book again, or as Terra's sponsor of sorts for the JSA. I always enjoyed their interactions.
    I promise Im not trying to turn this into a Nightwing thread. But I do see a lot of potential in this World's Finest combo.

And I would welcome Atlee on the JSA with Karen, or at least part of her supporting cast wherever she ends up (including Nightwing ) And though she hasn't really used the title in a while, I wonder if she should abandon the "Terra" name officially. I think DC was hoping to use that name and it's brand recognition to drive up interest in Atlee but I feel like it's ended up hurting her more than anything; too much complication behind that name, I fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon93 View Post
    I liked mr terrific as a love interest,totally opposite of her.
    It never quite clicked with me but I'd certainly be willing to give it another try. I dont recall that ever being a thing before the New52, are there back issues I missed somewhere, or was Holt/Star a new notion in 2011?

Sadly, they always dry up in terms of conversation and become fanwork post repositories (which while cool, generally don't incite discussion).
    Hard to talk about a character who isn't showing up anywhere.

I didn't think about it until today, but I've always had my PG and Nightwing POPs beside each other just because they're two of my favorite characters, but in light of Ascended's renewed interest in discussing their pairing (he's noted it beforehand), I'm starting to think he implanted them into my subconscious and has slowly been turning me to his way of thought. My reservations decrease with each post.
    Bwahahaha!!! Together, they can rule the DCU as Mr. and Mrs. Awesome! Search your feelings! You know it be true!

On a completely unrelated note, Im surprised DC never tried a solo out again. The last one was cancelled because of the reboot; the sales were actually pretty respectable as I recall. Same with Booster; he was one of the most consistent sellers at DC; not mind-blowing sales but solid and reliable. Both had their books end with the reboot and neither has had another shot. It saddens me.

Might be able to include Zatanna on that list too, though I don't believe her sales were very impressive. Could be wrong though, its been a minute.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-08-2019 at 08:41 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I promise Im not trying to turn this into a Nightwing thread. But I do see a lot of potential in this World's Finest combo.

And I would welcome Atlee on the JSA with Karen, or at least part of her supporting cast wherever she ends up (including Nightwing ) And though she hasn't really used the title in a while, I wonder if she should abandon the "Terra" name officially. I think DC was hoping to use that name and it's brand recognition to drive up interest in Atlee but I feel like it's ended up hurting her more than anything; too much complication behind that name, I fear.

It never quite clicked with me but I'd certainly be willing to give it another try. I dont recall that ever being a thing before the New52, are there back issues I missed somewhere, or was Holt/Star a new notion in 2011?

Hard to talk about a character who isn't showing up anywhere.

Bwahahaha!!! Together, they can rule the DCU as Mr. and Mrs. Awesome! Search your feelings! You know it be true!

On a completely unrelated note, Im surprised DC never tried a solo out again. The last one was cancelled because of the reboot; the sales were actually pretty respectable as I recall. Same with Booster; he was one of the most consistent sellers at DC; not mind-blowing sales but solid and reliable. Both had their books end with the reboot and neither has had another shot. It saddens me.

Might be able to include Zatanna on that list too, though I don't believe her sales were very impressive. Could be wrong though, its been a minute.
    It was exclusively in his New 52 series and wasn't done well there. I'm not sure if I would do it again, but I may be too married to the idea of Michael forever mourning Paula.

She co-lead with Huntress and that didn't set the world afire, but thanks for reminding me of those halcyon days where I had Zatanna, Booster and PG in my pull list. I loved all three of those and I would love another showing for each of them. That said, if I recall, none of them were killing it in sales. I think Zatanna was hovering around 17k or some such with PG around 20k by the end. I regret that I just lost interest in comics with the announcement of the New 52 because I don't have the last few issues of each and those respective final issues are really expensive now!

And screw it, I'm all-in on Dick/Karen. We need a good name for them. Inb4 "world's finest" referring to their physical attractiveness.

It was exclusively in his New 52 series and wasn't done well there. I'm not sure if I would do it again, but I may be too married to the idea of Michael forever mourning Paula
    I try really hard not to feel the same way, but.....yeah, Michael with anyone else rubs me wrong for some reason. I try not to let that limit me in what I can accept from the character, but I think at best Michael should be involved in some light flirting that never goes anywhere.

but thanks for reminding me of those halcyon days where I had Zatanna, Booster and PG in my pull list. I loved all three of those and I would love another showing for each of them. That said, if I recall, none of them were killing it in sales. I think Zatanna was hovering around 17k or some such with PG around 20k by the end. I regret that I just lost interest in comics with the announcement of the New 52 because I don't have the last few issues of each and those respective final issues are really expensive now!
    Those sales figures sound about right, I think. I believe Booster may have been closer to 25K but we're in the ballpark if my memory serves. But don't forget; back then 20K was a lot better for sales than it is now. Booster and Karen weren't big movers but they were in the mid-range (lower mid-range, but still) and sold with more consistency than most titles. Zee....yeah I dont think she did as well and was closer to the cancellation level (16K maybe? I forget where the line was back then, not that there's ever been a hard line for cancellation). But I gotta admit, I didn't love her series. My wife did, but I wanted more Morrison in my Zee and her series didn't get into the weird, Vertigo-ish side of magic like I wanted it to, and it didn't get into the idea of Zee being addicted to her magic either, which was a notion I was still really big on in a post-Seven Soldiers DCU.

And screw it, I'm all-in on Dick/Karen. We need a good name for them. Inb4 "world's finest" referring to their physical attractiveness.
    I knew you'd see the light.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

As for some other Power Girl–Wonder Woman teamups, since I do believe they work together well as characters (no matter if one ships them or not), Amanda Conner did a fun one in Wonder Woman #600: Fuzzy Logic.

14.jpg

16.jpg

(Click on images for larger size)

It's only five pages, so probably not worth picking up the entire issue, but it's also included in DC Comics: The Sequential Art of Amanda Conner which contains more Power Girl stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I knew you'd see the light.
    Soon they all will, we can will this into existence.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    As for some other Power Girl–Wonder Woman teamups, since I do believe they work together well as characters (no matter if one ships them or not), Amanda Conner did a fun one in Wonder Woman #600: Fuzzy Logic.

14.jpg

16.jpg

It's only five pages, so probably not worth picking up the entire issue, but it's also included in DC Comics: The Sequential Art of Amanda Conner which contains more Power Girl stories.
    Oh, Wondy and her lack of modern pop culture! It's adorable!
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    So do we have ceremonial hooded robes for when we chant "one of us," or is it more of a casual affair?

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

14.jpg

16.jpg

I do think PG and Diana work as a by-the-book/renegade cop duo akin to, say, Lethal Weapon. That could be a lot of fun!

I do think PG and Diana work as a by-the-book/renegade cop duo akin to, say, Lethal Weapon. That could be a lot of fun!
    I'm not sure that's the best dynamic for them. It's more that one is innocent where the other is experienced, and vice versa. Neither of them really give any crap about proper behaviour or what other people say what they should be doing. And both of them seems to enjoy hanging out with the other.

Here's some images from the Power Girl–Diana fight and later teamup in Wonder Woman vol 3 40–41 "A Murder of Crows" by Gail Simone.

07.jpg

08.jpg

17.jpg

Though I do admit that the mind control that the Power Girl and other Super-people tends to succumb by in their teamups is a bit troubling in the long run…

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Man, if we could just will things into existence, Nightwing and Karen both would be in much better places.

So do we have ceremonial hooded robes for when we chant "one of us," or is it more of a casual affair?
    We're keeping it "cult-casual" so we don't come off as too stuffy.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well, now, if that design don't pop up at some point in Naomi, I'll be mightily disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, now, if that design don't pop up at some point in Naomi, I'll be mightily disappointed.
    Is she appearing in that book?