Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

For those who are interested. Power Girl will be featured in my DC/Marvel series "Convergence Point" from chapter three onward -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1319924...vergence-Point

If so inclined enjoy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Here is an unusual story idea I had which involves an AU version of Power Girl -

Title

Lois Land Power Woman?!

Summary

We all know the multiverse is vast: infinite choices, infinite possibilities, and infinite outcomes. In one universe what if Matrix/Supergirl sacrificed herself not to save a dying Linda Danvers but instead a dying Lois Lane? What would change for our heroes, villains, and citizens? How would this effect both Lois and Clark? Behold the tale of Lois Lane Power Woman of Earth-899!

If so inclined, enjoy -

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13232285/1/
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Lovely drawn face; not that common

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

If we do get Kara back with the JSA, what should happen to Tanya? Should she go her own way or stick around as a supporting cast member like Atlee? Who should remain Power Girl?

I think the only viable way for Tanya to retain the name is if Karen becomes Power WOMAN. I'd be fine with Karen as Power Woman (though it doesnt roll off the tongue very well) having a Power Girl for a sidekick/junior partner.

Otherwise.....honestly? I dont care. Tanya never did anything for me, doesn't seem to have caught on with the fandom, and could disappear forever as far as I'm concerned. I have nothing against the character, and gods know DC needs more black females, so it does seem a waste to write her out completely, but she either needs a new heroic name or she needs to get out of the hero game.

I'm always pushing for more exploration into heroism beyond the spandex and Tanya is a hyper-genius, so I'm inclined to have her retire as a costumed hero but remain on the support staff (or work for Wayne Tech or STAR Labs or something) where she can use the advanced technology and knowledge of the heroes to improve the world in ways that'll last longer than knocking a monster out.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Karen is Power Girl. I would like to see Tanya stick around as a hero even perhaps using a name more like Titania or something representative of her growing powers. Otherwise as a support in StarrWare for Karen Starr.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think the only viable way for Tanya to retain the name is if Karen becomes Power WOMAN. I'd be fine with Karen as Power Woman (though it doesnt roll off the tongue very well) having a Power Girl for a sidekick/junior partner.

Otherwise.....honestly? I dont care. Tanya never did anything for me, doesn't seem to have caught on with the fandom, and could disappear forever as far as I'm concerned. I have nothing against the character, and gods know DC needs more black females, so it does seem a waste to write her out completely, but she either needs a new heroic name or she needs to get out of the hero game.

I'm always pushing for more exploration into heroism beyond the spandex and Tanya is a hyper-genius, so I'm inclined to have her retire as a costumed hero but remain on the support staff (or work for Wayne Tech or STAR Labs or something) where she can use the advanced technology and knowledge of the heroes to improve the world in ways that'll last longer than knocking a monster out.
    I was thinking similarly, but I prefer Karen to keep the PG title because it means a bit more for her historically and just sounds better than Power Woman. Tanya has no real attachment to it, Superman or anything similar. For that reason, she would actually add a lot as a supporting cast member! I also really like her design, so I wouldn't want her to disappear. She's got a lot of potential, truth be told, so losing her would be a waste.

But yeah, she is one of the most forced legacies I've ever seen because the former title holder had to bestow the powers and name on her whereas she has no connection otherwise. Her being Power Girl is so tangential I just think she'd be stronger without the moniker.

I didn’t care about her either until Priest wrote her in his Deathstroke run, he made me like her. I’d prefer Karen become Power Woman or even Superwoman and Tanya keep the PG title. Hell why not put both of them in the JSA, Karen can mentor Tanya, since the JSA was at his most successful when it was about the old generation mentoring the younger generation.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Power Girl by Guillem March

While I dropped the book during Winnick's run, it's now fully on DC Universe so it's going to be fun to see what I missed. Did anyone read the back half of Power Girl? How was it?

Been forever since I read it, but as I recall it was entertaining enough, if you keep your expectations tempered. Not as good as the Palometti stuff but solid enough to stay with.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Been forever since I read it, but as I recall it was entertaining enough, if you keep your expectations tempered. Not as good as the Palometti stuff but solid enough to stay with.
    I'll have to bump it higher on my list of things to read on the app. I'm not Winnick's biggest fan, but Kara is one of my favorites so I'll give it another shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I didn’t care about her either until Priest wrote her in his Deathstroke run, he made me like her. I’d prefer Karen become Power Woman or even Superwoman and Tanya keep the PG title. Hell why not put both of them in the JSA, Karen can mentor Tanya, since the JSA was at his most successful when it was about the old generation mentoring the younger generation.
    Maybe with her intellect she'd make a good fit for The Terrifics so Holt could be her mentor?