Thread: Martha Kent

Mighty Member

Default Martha Kent

What happened to her after Action # 870 with Pa Kent's heart attack? Was she written off as well? Shame that in current continuity, unless I'm mistaken, the Kents haven't gotten to see their grandson.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    What happened to her after Action # 870 with Pa Kent's heart attack? Was she written off as well? Shame that in current continuity, unless I'm mistaken, the Kents haven't gotten to see their grandson.
    Are you talking about Chris Kent? I dont know if Martha and Jonathan ever met Chris Kent.

If you are talking about Jonathan Samuel Kent, you must understand that Action Comics 870 takes places in PRE-FLASHPOINT!!!! In Pre-Flashpoint there were Clark,Conner,Chris Kent and Lois and Supergirl. In this continuity Clark and Lois adopted the Son of Zod for a while.
    Martha Kent regularly appeared also afterwards. You can for example look at the last Superboy Series by Lemire.

For example: Superboy: Smallville Attacks
    This takes place in 2011 so 3 YEARS AFTER Action Comics 870 and she lives there with Krypto and Conner at the farm.

If you are talking about JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT, then you must understand that he was born in REBIRTH and the current Superman is a hybrid of NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint and REBIRTH.
    BUT his parents DIED in the car-crash (this is the part of the NEW52 Origin).

Action Comics 870 is at least at the moment OUT OF CONTINUITY!! Currently Martha Kent and Jonathan Kent died while Clark was dancing with Lana at the Prom.

Mighty Member

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still catching up. Yeah I was talking about Jonathan Samuel Kent

Word Balloon podcast that contains a Doomsday Clock spoiler:
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...ode%2F20421049
    spoilers:
    Jonathan and Martha will be resurrected.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Are you talking about Chris Kent? I dont know if Martha and Jonathan ever met Chris Kent.
    I thought Clark actually took Chris with him when he went to his parents and asked them how they faked all the records when Clark was a baby. It's been a while, so I may be misremembering, though. Seems like he wanted his parents to adopt Chris at first, but they said no and that he should do it.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm still catching up. Yeah I was talking about Jonathan Samuel Kent
    I'm only kind of interested in that, to be honest. Jon's aged up (sad to me), may be aged up more, and it's possible we're headed for at least a partial reboot that may or may not have the Kents still alive (alive again?). Only once things have settled and I know what's what, reality-wise will I care. And then there may (again, I have no real idea) be the situation where they always knew Jon from the time he was born. Which would undoubtedly be sweet and loving and nice, but would be a sort of status quo with no drama of first meetings or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

If you are talking about Jonathan Samuel Kent, you must understand that Action Comics 870 takes places in PRE-FLASHPOINT!!!! In Pre-Flashpoint there were Clark,Conner,Chris Kent and Lois and Supergirl. In this continuity Clark and Lois adopted the Son of Zod for a while.
    Martha Kent regularly appeared also afterwards. You can for example look at the last Superboy Series by Lemire.

For example: Superboy: Smallville Attacks
    This takes place in 2011 so 3 YEARS AFTER Action Comics 870 and she lives there with Krypto and Conner at the farm.

If you are talking about JONATHAN SAMUEL KENT, then you must understand that he was born in REBIRTH and the current Superman is a hybrid of NEW52 and Pre-Flashpoint and REBIRTH.
    BUT his parents DIED in the car-crash (this is the part of the NEW52 Origin).

Action Comics 870 is at least at the moment OUT OF CONTINUITY!! Currently Martha Kent and Jonathan Kent died while Clark was dancing with Lana at the Prom.
    I'm surprised that the Kents death from the New 52 is still in continuity, considering how much of the pre-Flashpoint continuity was reinstated along with the fact that it was kind of an unpopular decision with fans.

BANNED

Mar..tha.....Martha...

WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol