Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default DC's fat TPBs -- your wants, hopes and dreams.

DC has been publishing a lot of it's Post-Crisis comics in these 250-300 page trades. Is anybody picking them up and what would you like to see published?

I'm currently buying the complete run of Hellblazer in this format along with the Mike Grell Green Lantern run, (Vertigo) Animal Man and Ostrander's Suicide Run.

I tried the first volume of Deathstroke and it didn't hold up that well, at least for me.

On order is the first of two volumes of The Demon by Garth Ennis and John McCrae. I've also placed the post-Breakdowns JL trade.

I would love to see:

Aquaman by Peter David and et al (I've never read it and would like to give it a shot considering it's in the midst of the DC sweet spot)
    Dr. Fate by DeMattais and McManus
    L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Sandman Mystery Theater (or just complete the series in a couple of fat trades)
    Warlord
    Last edited by John Aston; 12-11-2015 at 09:00 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I would love to see:

Aquaman by Peter David and et al (I've never read it and would like to give it a shot considering it's in the midst of the DC sweet spot)
    Dr. Fate by DeMattais and McManus
    L.E.G.I.O.N.
    Sandman Mystery Theater (or just complete the series in a couple of fat trades)
    Warlord
    Sandman Mystery Theatre has been announced

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Sandman Mystery Theatre has been announced
    For reals?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

For reals?
    Yep! It's going to be the same format as Knightquest and Doom Patrol ($30 and quite fat).

I personally just want Spectre to be finished. I loved those two tpb's, I need more!!! Apart from that I'd love Dr Fate, Hawkworld and the seminal Batman runs from that era.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

For reals?
    Yep, also Northlanders by Wood in the same format. I'm hoping in a fat tpb edition for Shade... or a deluxe.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Geoff Johns' Wally West run is being recollected in this format, so I'd like to see the same done for Messner-Loebs and Waid's runs on the Flash.

I'll second Shade the Changing Man.

Ennis' Hitman (iirc Hitman was collected entirely but the trades are long out of print - maybe these will come after The Demon)
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 12-11-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Fantastic Member

What about Power of Shazam?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Geoff Johns' Wally West run is being recollected in this format, so I'd like to see the same done for Messner-Loebs and Waid's runs on the Flash.

Ennis' Hitman (iirc Hitman was collected entirely but the trades are long out of print - maybe these will come after The Demon)
    And I'll second Hitman... it would be great.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post

Hitman is collected in 7 in print tpb's with the last 3 being VERY fat and the others normal tpb size.

And I'll third Shade
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The Question by Dennis O'neil.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I think were getting Wonder Woman by Perez and the final Byrne Superman TPB, Id love to see Superman continue with fat trades and Wally West Flash from issue 1. It's been nice to see all the John Ostrander love of late.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

- Detective Comics by Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan (would prefer this one as HC, but still)
    - Detective Comics by Paul Dini
    - Flash by Mark Waid
    - PAD's Aquaman and Young Justice
    - Superboy by Karl Kesel
    - The Question by Denny O'Neil
    - Wonder Woman by Gail Simone
    - Superman post-Byrne up to The Death of Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    - Detective Comics by Chuck Dixon and Graham Nolan (would prefer this one as HC, but still)
    - Detective Comics by Paul Dini
    - Flash by Mark Waid
    - PAD's Aquaman and Young Justice
    - Superboy by Karl Kesel
    - The Question by Denny O'Neil
    - Wonder Woman by Gail Simone
    - Superman post-Byrne up to The Death of Superman
    Seconding bolded. Heard god things about PAD's YJ.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

This thread just continues to reinforce how amazing DC was post-Crisis and into the 90s. I agree with pretty much everything listed, and ended up binding almost all of it myself (in many cases, sight unseen) because I had heard good things and wanted to read them but prefer collected editions to floppies. I've done (or plan to do):

-the full Wally run of the Flash (given the success of the show, it's criminal they won't at least get Waid's stuff in print since so much has been drawn from it)
    -anything Ostrander, which means finishing Spectre and Martian Manhunter, as well as Suicide Squad; should also do Hawkworld, Wasteland, and Firestorm
    -get Hitman 1-2 back in print or just do a new bigger trade with both, so people can get the whole run (3-8 are still readily available from what I can see)
    -get The Question 1 back in print (the other trades are still easy enough to find)
    -anything Peter David (Supergirl, Young Justice, Aquaman)
    -finish JLI or start over and at least put the annuals in the right spots
    -Power of Shazam
    -Kyle Baker's Plastic Man
    -Rucka's Question and Wonder Woman (which they're starting, hopefully they finish... with Wonder Woman it reads better when combined with OMAC Project and some other Infinite Crisis material towards the end, not sure they'll go that route unfortunately)
    -Jimenez Wonder Woman
    -Simone Wonder Woman
    -Bryan Q. Miller Batgirl
    -New Teen Titans and other Titans-related material (I'm the guy that even enjoyed the Jurgens Titans series and the later New Teen Titans, so I might be an outlier for a lot of that stuff... but if they can put out a Total Chaos TPB surely stuff like Titans Hunt and The Titans series deserve some love)
    -keep up the post-Crisis Superman at least up to the Death & Return omni, if not further (I bound the post-Return stuff too up through Death of Clark Kent... not sure material after that is worth it TBH)

But even more than the above, I just hope they finish a lot of what they've started, especially Batman-wise (Birds of Prey, Robin, Nightwing, Cass Cain Batgirl, Batman Adventures). I wouldn't trade my binds for anything, but so much of that material is excellent and more folks should be able to get it easily.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

I'd like to see some sort of Johns' Superman trade like this or may one of the New Krypton arc.