Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

2019 Week 6

X-Men Classic Complete Collection 1 (23 issues)
    Berserk 18-22 (240 pages, 55 issues)
    Gunnm 6 (200 pages, 9 issues)

Total for the week: 87
    Total for the year: 431

Gonna start posting weekly

2019 so far

Proxima Centauri Vol 1 (1-6)
    Klaus Vol 1 (1-7)
    Thor 345-351
    Batman by Grant Morrison Omnibus (12 issues)
    Skyward 7-9
    Marvel Knights 3-5
    Venom 9
    Web of Venom Unleashed #1
    Avengers #12-13
    Conan the Barbarian 1-3
    Killmonger #3-4
    Black Panther Vs Deadpool 3-4
    Black Panther 8
    GOTG #1
    Prodigy 2
    Die 2-3
    Champions 1-2
    Magic Order 5
    Immortal Hulk 11-13
    Captain America 7
    Amazing Spider-Man 13-14

2019 total = 60
    We need better comics

Picking up from last time
    36. Amazing Spiderman(2018) 14
    37. Amazing Spiderman(2018) 15
    38. Avengers (2018) 14
    39. Avengers (2018) 15
    40. Avengers: No Road Home 1
    41. Avengers: No Road Home 2
    42. Daredevil 610
    43. Daredevil 611
    44. Daredevil 612--Noto's art was spectacular for this final arc of Soule's run. The ending though... hmmmmm.
    45. Daredevil (2019) 1
    46. Doctor Strange(2018) 8
    47. Doctor Strange (2018) 9
    48. Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman 3
    49. Guardians of the Galaxy (2019) 2
    50. Immortal Hulk 13
    51. Thor(2018) 7
    52. Thor (2018) 8
    53. Incredible Hulk 377--- Peter David did some amazing things with Doc Samson.
    54. What If-- Thor Was Raised by Frost Giants---So fun. I hope Marvel continues to put these out every once in a while(and not only after big events)
    55. Infinity Wars 1
    56. Captain America (2018) 1
    57. Captain America (2018) 2
    58-62. Journey Into Mystery 622-626
    63.-67. Journey Into Mystery 622.1-631----Fear Self might not have been a great event, but this series that ran parallel was definitely worth it. One of my favorite "Tales of Asgard" by far!

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

February 1-14th: (66 Books)
    - Die #1 (1)
    - Age of X-Man Alpha #1 (2)
    - Uncanny X-Men #9-12 (6)
    - Die #3 (1)
    - Black Hammer Volumes 1-2 (16)
    - Doctor Star & the Kingdom of Lost Tomorrows #1-4 (4)
    - Sherlock Frankenstein & the Legion of Evil: From the World of Black Hammer #1-4 (4)
    - Champions #23 (1)
    - Daredevil #1 (2)
    - Batman & Robin (2011-2015) #18 (1)
    - Age of X-Man: The Marvelous X-Men #1 (1)
    - Age of X-Man: NextGen #1 (1)
    - X-23 #1-9 (9)
    - Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #2 (1)
    - Captain Marvel #1 (1)
    - James Bond: Origin #1 (2)
    - James Bond: 007 #1 (1)
    - Astonishing X-Men (2017-) #13-17, Annual #1 (7)
    - Young Justice #1 (2)
    - Merry X-Men Holiday Special #1 (1)

Best Of: Hard to choose! The Age of X-Man books have been really good & Black Hammer and the related spin-offs were also great. Also enjoyed Astonishing X-Men!

February Total So Far: 66 Books

2019 Total - 239 Books
    Last edited by DamianWayne1; 02-28-2019 at 04:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

2019 Week 7

Berserk 23-27 (240 pages, 55 issues)
    Gunnm 7-8 (224 pages, 20 issues)
    The Promised Neverland 5 (208 pages, 9 issues)

Total for the week: 84
    Total for the year: 515

Spectacular Member

2019 Week 8

Gunnm 9 (256 pages, 12 issues)
    Gunnm Mars Chronicle 5 (168 pages, 8 issues)
    Moriarty The Patriot 3 (208 pages, 9 issues)
    Moon Knight Epic Collection 3 Final Rest (17 issues)

Total for the week: 46
    Total for the year: 561

Spectacular Member

I think I’ve bought about a thousand Nowra just a matter of reading them.

I've not read much this month at all, primarily because I've been away at The Karolinska Institute for two weeks so haven't had time to read, shocking! Combat Magicks was bloody awful... Legacy of Blood was absolutely awesome

Goals
    Comics - 129/1000
    Books - 11/30

This Month

Comics - 13
    • Pokemon Adventures V5 - 13

Books - 2
    • Diablo: Legacy of Blood
    • Doctor Who: Combat Magicks

Overall

Comics - 129
    January: 116
    February: 13
    March:
    April:
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:

Books - 11
    January: 9
    February: 2
    March:
    April:
    May:
    June:
    July:
    August:
    September:
    October:
    November:
    December:

Complete Reading Record 2019

Comics
    • TMNT V4 - 13
    • TMNT V5 - 15
    • TMNT V6 - 15
    • TMNT V7 - 14
    • Winterworld/Wintersea - 7
    • Pokemon Adventures V1 - 14
    • Pokemon Adventures V2 - 13
    • Pokemon Adventures V3 - 13
    • Pokemon Adventures V4 - 12
    • Pokemon Adventures V5 - 13

Books
    • JB: From Russia with Love
    • JB: Forever and a Day
    • JB: Trigger Mortis
    • Diablo: Legacy of Blood
    • Fingersmith
    • Morse: Last Seen Wearing
    • Doctor Who: The Good Doctor
    • Doctor Who: Molten Heart
    • Doctor Who: Combat Magicks
    • Drenai: The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend
    • Gotham: City of Monsters
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Didn't get to read as much as I liked but considering my life and it blowing up in my face lol; not bad...better then I would have thought. Thank Satan for comics....🤘🏻😈🤘🏻

Uncanny X-Men (Vol. 5) (2018) # 1 - 11, Annual # 1 (15 ssues): wow ...just wow! Uncanny X-Men marvels premiere title is back! I really enjoyed Brisson, Rosenberg s and Thompson's story and the art surprisingly meshed well together despite the different artists!

Daredevil (Vol. 6) (2019) # 1 :
    Ok. Matt is still dealing with his injuries suffered in the previous volume . I really like the fact that they didn't just sweep that under the rug . Also Really liked the noir style art. We'll see where this goes.

Young Justice (Vol. 2) (2019) # 2 : I liked this for the interaction between Cassie and Zeus and Emmanulea Lupachinos art. Not much else happened which is typical Bendis. Liked that ending though.

The Green Lantern # 4 : Wow. I actually enjoyed this issue despite its usual flaws. The Art was as usual amazing.

Avengers (Vol. 7) (2018) #'s 7 - 13 (8 issues): ok this is the Jason Aaron I know. Much better then the opening arc. Better characterization and action. Still needs some work but getting there.

Justice League (Vol. 4) (2018) # 14 - 18 , Annual # 1 ( 7 issues) : I loved this series of issues and was surprised by all the hate This series seems to be receiving. It's not with out it's flaws but if you are a fan of the Hawks and Martian Manhunter and the DCU in general I think there s something for everyone here .

The Immortal Hulk # 6 - 10 (5 issues) one of the best series that Marvel is putting out right now. Definetly the best Hulk series for me.

The Immortal Hulk The Best Defense # 1

Green Arrow (Vol. 2) (1988) # ' s 7 - 20 (14 issues) continuing my semi - annual re-read of Grell's run and "gritty" take on Green Arrow (one of my all time faves). As always, continuously surprised by how well this run still holds up after all these years. Pure classic.

Return of Wolverine # 5, Wolverine Infinity Watch # 1 (2019) # 1 (2 issues)

Man and Superman 100-Page Super Spectacular # 1 (5 issues) : yet another Superman origin story but this time by Marv Wolfman.

Total Issues for this month: 60

Total issues for the Year so far : 149
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

February 15th-28th: (55 Books)
    - Uncanny X-Men (1963-2011) #1-2 (2)
    - Pearl #1-6 (6) - One of my favorite new series in a while! Looking forward to the next issue in March!
    - Champions (2019-) #2 (1)
    - Detective Comics Volume 1, #943-947, Volumes 3-7 (48) - Bought the entirety of Tynion's run a while ago. I'd read the first three volumes but not the stuff after. Highlights after reading the whole thing are "Rise of the Batmen", the Zatanna arc, "Fall of the Batmen" & "Batmen Eternal", imo. Favorite single issue is probably Detective Comics Annual #1, which was the new origin of Clayface. Lowlights were definitely "League of Shadows" and Steph/Anarky plot line. I was mixed on "The Victim Syndicate" which I thought had interesting ideas, but didn't quite stick the landing and "A Lonely Place of Living". I'll admit for "A Lonely Place of Living" it was less of the plot line itself, which I found pretty entertaining and more of the callbacks to "A Lonely Place of Dying" which I strongly dislike.

Best Of: Pearl #1-6.

February Total - 121 Books

2019 Total - 294 Books

Thor God of Thunder #1-25
    Thor Annual #1
    Thor #1-8
    Mighty Thor 1-5
    Magic Order 1-6
    Savage Sword of Conan 1-2
    Avengers #14-15
    Conan the Barbarian #3
    Champions #2
    The Immortal Hulk #13
    Die #3
    Daredevil 1-2
    Killmonger #4
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man #3
    Relay #4
    Venom #11
    Guardians of the Galaxy #2
    Captain America #8
    Black Panther #9
    Black Panther Vs. Deadpool #5

Total = 124
    We need better comics

Spectacular Member

February
    Sweet Tooth Deluxe 1-3: (40 issues) I've just picked up lots of Vertigo stuff I never got around to reading before. I hope it's as high a quality as Sweet Tooth.
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga 6: (22 issues) I can't think of anything which has been at such a consistent standard for such a long period of time.
    Scalped TP 1-10: (60 issues) Gave up on waiting for an omnibus to be announced and picked up the trades.
    Usagi Yojimbo Saga 7: (22 issues) Hope the next volume comes out on time after I heard about the character going to IDW.
    Darth Vader Omnibus: (29 issues) Loved the premise and initial interactions of Vader, didn't maintain that level of quality, but still good enough to convince me to pick up the upcoming SW omnibus.
    Injection Deluxe: (15 issues) Far preferred it to Global Frequency.

Total for month: 188 issues
    Total for year: 366 issues
    Last edited by MagpieMad; 03-03-2019 at 11:50 AM.

Latest:

Loki: Journey into Mystery omnibus 31
    The first ten or so issues became more and more insufferable as they've mostly just served as tie ins to the pretty garbage Fear Itself event but after we are done with that nonsense it becomes a very entertaining run. Not a home run (like many claimed), I put it even below Phonogram as far as Gillen books go (although I quite liked both) but for fans of the Asgard side of Marvel it's recommended reading.
    Maybe a different, less superhero comics-y aesthetic could have elevated it
    Mister Miracle 12
    Lives up to the hype. King is VERY hit or miss for me but I think this low key examination of depression works very well. It doesn't give you straight answers and sometimes gets very metaphorical but the more I think about it the more I like it. Gerard's art is great as well and Scott and Barda's relationship is just wholesome as f@£*.
    Black Hammer Library edition v1 14
    Does not live up to the hype.
    Not an original bone in this series, super derivative, melancholy superhero series that everyone claims it's the bees knees and people go as far as to declare it's this generation's Watchmen. No one read Rising stars, Supreme Power, The Twelve, etc etc or...you know...Watchmen?
    It's not bad by any means, very engaging, good art, I want to read more but I just don't get all the hype. It's just a well done series but nothing extraordinary.
    Transmetropolitan 60
    The ultimate journalist powerfantasy in a mad sci fi society, drawn like a super violent Mad magazine on a lot of drugs. Some issues are a bit preachy and just exist to highlight social issues without moving the overall plot and I'm not that crazy about all the violence against dogs but over all it's a very well done, satisfying and sometimes painfully relevant read. I think the younger you read it the better it is because I remember loving it when I was 17-19 (never finished it back then though) and now I'm more critical and cynical but it still works and I would still recommend it.

that's: 107 issues
    total so far: 272

best of the batch: Mister Miracle

Here are my reads for February 2019. Read less than I wanted to but life happens right? Will try to do better this month!

Aquaman Geoff Johns Omnibus #0 (1)
    Aquaman Geoff Johns Omnibus #9-19, 21-25, 23.1-23.2 (18)
    Aquaman Omnibus Justice League #15-17 (3)
    Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 #14 (1)
    Avengers (2018) #13 (1)
    Batgirl Year One #1 (1)
    Criminal (2019) #2 (2)
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.5 #1 (1)
    Hulkverines #1 (1)
    Kick-Ass Vol. 1 #2-8 (7)
    Return of Wolverine #5 (1)
    Sex Criminals #11-14 (4)
    Shazam! Vol. 2 #1 (1)
    Terminator Sector War #3 (1)
    The Actual Roger #1 (1)
    The Devils #1 (1)
    The Immortal Hulk #13 (1)
    Umbrella Academy #1 (1)
    Unit 44 #1 (1)
    Weapon H #12 (1)
    Wolverine Infinity Watch #1 (1)
    X-23 #9 (1)

Total February: 51

January: 67
    February: 51

Really really liked the Aquaman omni! Since I started collecting and reading, there's not a lot of omnibus that I finished, mainly due to too much stuff to read and sometimes things gets put aside and it's harder to get back to them etc.. But this one I finished in like a month and a half, maybe a little less. It reads really well, the art is really nice and the story is really good too.

Saw the movie Kick-Ass a couple of months ago and it was awesome! I then bought the comic and it did not dissapoint!! It was amazing lol. Will definitely buy the other volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Latest:

Loki: Journey into Mystery omnibus 31
    The first ten or so issues became more and more insufferable as they've mostly just served as tie ins to the pretty garbage Fear Itself event but after we are done with that nonsense it becomes a very entertaining run. Not a home run (like many claimed), I put it even below Phonogram as far as Gillen books go (although I quite liked both) but for fans of the Asgard side of Marvel it's recommended reading.
    Maybe a different, less superhero comics-y aesthetic could have elevated it
    Mister Miracle 12
    Lives up to the hype. King is VERY hit or miss for me but I think this low key examination of depression works very well. It doesn't give you straight answers and sometimes gets very metaphorical but the more I think about it the more I like it. Gerard's art is great as well and Scott and Barda's relationship is just wholesome as f@£*.
    Black Hammer Library edition v1 14
    Does not live up to the hype.
    Not an original bone in this series, super derivative, melancholy superhero series that everyone claims it's the bees knees and people go as far as to declare it's this generation's Watchmen. No one read Rising stars, Supreme Power, The Twelve, etc etc or...you know...Watchmen?
    It's not bad by any means, very engaging, good art, I want to read more but I just don't get all the hype. It's just a well done series but nothing extraordinary.
    Transmetropolitan 60
    The ultimate journalist powerfantasy in a mad sci fi society, drawn like a super violent Mad magazine on a lot of drugs. Some issues are a bit preachy and just exist to highlight social issues without moving the overall plot and I'm not that crazy about all the violence against dogs but over all it's a very well done, satisfying and sometimes painfully relevant read. I think the younger you read it the better it is because I remember loving it when I was 17-19 (never finished it back then though) and now I'm more critical and cynical but it still works and I would still recommend it.

that's: 107 issues
    total so far: 272

best of the batch: Mister Miracle
    Started reading Black Hammer this weekend and I think it's great. Read the first 4 issues and can't wait to continue.