Page 156 of 222 FirstFirst ... 56106146152153154155156157158159160166206 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Sin has been working out. He was so scrawny back in the day.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Nice.

What were your favorite parts?
    I liked that Hal may bend, but never broke. A great writer will take a hero to the brink, but never past the point of no return.

I loved the John/Kat partnership that blossomed into romance. John had really mellowed out, but not over the top (like he was in the 1970's), or wall-flower stoic (like he's been the past decade plus). I really dig John & Kat.

I loved the respect between Hal & John.

I laughed at the many L's Guy Gardner took early on, yet still thought his feces smelled great. The Shark, John, and Hal took turns putting boots to his culo. I guess Batman said: I want some of that, too.

Davis was not quite the Hal hater I thought he'd be. He just wanted to fly one last time.

I gotta add: Sinestro is a manipulative bastard. Manipulating John Stewart is nothing new, apparently.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Carol. I see why Geoff just gave her a clean slate. I wish John got the same, though.

Hal is the man, but he's not infallible, nor is he an idiot.

I cheered when he beat Hector Hammond, Star Sapphire, & Guy at the same time.

Hal totally earned that.

I love it when Heroes can just be Heroes.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-12-2019 at 01:10 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I liked that Hal may bend, but never broke. A great writer will take a hero to the brink, but never past the point of no return.

I loved the John/Kat partnership that blossomed into romance. John had really mellowed out, but not over the top (like he was in the 1970's), or wall-flower stoic (like he's been the past decade plus). I really dig John & Kat.

I loved the respect between Hal & John.

I laughed at the many L's Guy Gardner took early on, yet still thought his feces smelled great. The Shark, John, and Hal took turns putting boots to his culo. I guess Batman said: I want some of that, too.

Davis was not quite the Hal hater I thought he'd be. He just wanted to fly one last time.

I gotta add: Sinestro is a manipulative bastard. Manipulating John Stewart is nothing new, apparently.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Carol. I see why Geoff just gave her a clean slate. I wish John got the same, though.

Hal is the man, but he's not infallible, nor is he an idiot.

I cheered when he beat Hector Hammond, Star Sapphire, & Guy at the same time.

Hal totally earned that.

I love it when Heroes can just be Heroes.
    Yeah. I liked seeing Hal being stripped down and still fighting even without powers. Because that's just who he is.

The John and Kat relationship was cool to see progress naturally. And the teacher/student aspect was different.

I absolutely LOVED seeing Guy debut as the real him. But man was he an a hole. Even in JLI he mellowed out a bit compared to this version. But it was so fun.

One of my favorite issues is coming up. Guy drugs the GLC's drink and they all start hallucinating. I think it's issue 207. So good.

Davis was ok. I was more into the mystery of what his deal was. He had a good send off though.

The whole Carol/Predator thing was confusing but I still think it was pretty cool. It shocked me. I did not see that coming. And now I know where Johns got the whole predator as the emotional entity from.

And usually crossovers are annoying but I thought the Crisis crossover was done well.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Englehart's "GLC" run was awesome - all the characters were well developed and had interesting dynamics between each other. Salaak and Ch'p in particular - they were the "Blue & Gold" of that team but more like the odd couple. And Kilowog was lovable but sad, simple but also a brilliant scientist. I kinda miss that version of him - so different from what he's become. And the fact that Guy was essentially a villain at first who tried to kill them is something that has mostly been forgotten.

And despite how creepy it began, I did like Hal with Arisia - a partner who didn't give him crap for running out to save the universe every once in awhile.

It's just such a shame their big crossover spotlight "Millennium" was such a dud.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 08-13-2019 at 11:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah. I liked seeing Hal being stripped down and still fighting even without powers. Because that's just who he is.

The John and Kat relationship was cool to see progress naturally. And the teacher/student aspect was different.

I absolutely LOVED seeing Guy debut as the real him. But man was he an a hole. Even in JLI he mellowed out a bit compared to this version. But it was so fun.

One of my favorite issues is coming up. Guy drugs the GLC's drink and they all start hallucinating. I think it's issue 207. So good.

Davis was ok. I was more into the mystery of what his deal was. He had a good send off though.

The whole Carol/Predator thing was confusing but I still think it was pretty cool. It shocked me. I did not see that coming. And now I know where Johns got the whole predator as the emotional entity from.

And usually crossovers are annoying but I thought the Crisis crossover was done well.
    Guy was on a whole other level. I had no clue he was that extreme.

A few months earlier, I read a slew of Legion stories from the mid-1970's to a bit after the death of Karate Kid. I'm saying this because I'm dreading to read too much post-crisis DC stuff. But, I do want to actually read the everybody got drunk story. I also want to fully read the wedding between John & Kat.

I gotta shake my fear of the Crisis, lol. As a kid, one of the reasons I chose Marvel over DC was due to the Crisis.

I think Geoff should have included Davis in the Secret Origins story. It makes sense someone with an edge would train Hal.

I honestly don't think anyone has hurt Hal as much as the Star Sapphire entity. Star Sapphire straight-up wrecked John.

I know Gerald Jones did a Star Sapphire story. I don't know if it was good, or not. I see why Geoff revisited the Predator. Looking back, I really don't see how that energy could really represent love (as I know it). Although, more than a few R&B songs over the decades are about love not loving anyone/thin line between love & hate. I see a lot of untapped potential with the Star Sapphire angle.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Englehart's "GLC" run was awesome - all the characters were well developed and had interesting dynamics between each other. Salaak and Ch'p in particular - they were the "Blue & Gold" of that team but more like the odd couple. And Kilowog was lovable but sad, simple but also a brilliant scientist. I kinda miss that version of him - so different from what he's become. And the fact that Guy was essentially a villain at first who tried to kill them is something that has mostly been forgotten.

And despite how creepy it began, I did like Hal with Arisia - a partner who didn't give him crap for running out to save the universe every once in awhile.

It's just such a shame their big crossover spotlight "Millennium" was such a dud.
    I do love the chemistry with the GLC back then. Kal has the JL, and the Legion. Batman has the JL, and the Outsiders. Hal should have the JL, and the GLC.

Guy left Hal for dead without thinking twice. That was cold-blooded.

I have to say: reading actual stories, and fan site reviews....it makes sense that Hal gets away from Carol from time to time.

The intent of Arisia is refreshing. I don't want any R. Kelly comparisons.

As a kid, I loved Englehart's Marvel stuff (still do, actually). In regards to his DC work, I only read his Batman run. His GL stuff is top shelf. I may check out his Justice League.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...ern-blackstars

Across the DC universe, come November 2019, once-familiar faces wielding Lantern power rings now wear a different uniform and enforce a new type of galactic law. The Green Lantern Corps is dead—long live the Blackstars in a new three-issue miniseries, Green Lantern: Blackstars, by Grant Morrison and Xermanico!

Who are the Blackstars? What are they? Answers will be revealed as the unstoppable Blackstars set their sights on the demons of Ysmault, Mongul…and a tiny, backwater planet called Earth in Green Lantern: Blackstars #1. Paving the way for more exciting Green Lantern adventures in 2020, a dangerous new chapter of the Green Lantern mythology starts on November 6th.

“Oa is the skeleton-paved haunt of vengeful demons,” teases Morrison on the new project, “And the Blackstars—a sinister cult of universal peace and harmony, involving surrender to the will of the insidious and/or possibly illuminated Controller Mu—are in the process of subjugating the universe to their creed.”

Following the catastrophic events of The Green Lantern #12 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp, scheduled to hit shelves October 2nd, 2019, no Green Lanterns can be found patrolling their space sectors...not a single power ring lights the darkness! What happens in the finale of Morrison and Sharp’s incredible year-long run is shrouded in mystery, but the Green Lantern Corps is no more! Scratch that—they never existed in the first place. What has Hal Jordan done?

“Jordan’s one of the Blackstars’ primary operatives,” continues Morrison. “He’s central, although the Cosmic Vampire Countess Belzebeth vies with him for control of the narrative in Blackstars. Hal Jordan is the kind of man who will excel in any situation, so naturally he’s an elite Blackstar in this altered-continuity.”
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-14-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

That's the best part of Englehearts great run for me. The characterization is on point. Actually that's what makes most great series so good for me. Interesting and fun to read characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I do love the chemistry with the GLC back then. Kal has the JL, and the Legion. Batman has the JL, and the Outsiders. Hal should have the JL, and the GLC.

Guy left Hal for dead without thinking twice. That was cold-blooded.

I have to say: reading actual stories, and fan site reviews....it makes sense that Hal gets away from Carol from time to time.

The intent of Arisia is refreshing. I don't want any R. Kelly comparisons.

As a kid, I loved Englehart's Marvel stuff (still do, actually). In regards to his DC work, I only read his Batman run. His GL stuff is top shelf. I may check out his Justice League.
    Hal and Carol is a classic, tragic love story. They really love each other and are great for each other but something always seems to get in.the way of them. They have managed to be together a few times though breifly In O'Neils run and Wolfman's.

I love Englehearts Captain America. Classic stuff. And I'm almost up to his Justice League of America run so im.looking forward to that.

Sounds kinda interesting. But I wish Morrison would have picked someone else besides for the Darkstars as just last year Hal had a huge battle against them refusing to join them and now this.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The "GLC never existed" thing and it being out of regular DC continuity makes me think this will be Hal's "Red Son."

Astonishing Member

So there's a 3 part mini s3ries. And we go back to regular numbering after that?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    So there's a 3 part mini s3ries. And we go back to regular numbering after that?
    I think it would probably go back to #1 and probably be called something else too. First saeson is "The Green Lantern", the interlude is "Green Lantern: Blackstars", maybe the second season could be called "Green Lantern Corps" again. It would make sense story-wise, since I imagine the GLC would be back after being "erased" previously.

I don't expect this to end well for Mongul...

Extraordinary Member

Hal and Carol is a classic, tragic love story. They really love each other and are great for each other but something always seems to get in.the way of them. They have managed to be together a few times though breifly In O'Neils run and Wolfman's.

I love Englehearts Captain America. Classic stuff. And I'm almost up to his Justice League of America run so im.looking forward to that.
    I would consider Hal & Carol star-crossed, for sure.

I recently read the first volume of Steve's Marvel Masterworks run on Captain America. The stories have been great.

It's funny how Englehart can write really great white/black bromances. I read the volume that introduced Snap Wilson, and that was the only fumble.

I want to read Englehart's JL two part story where the Manhunters were chasing after Hal.

I know that story was adapted in the DCAU, but John was used instead of Hal. I always thought the animated version was a play off Xanshi. Nope.