Page 133 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 3319

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Hal's had a consistent job other then being a GL since...I guess when he was in the Air Force during the Johns run?
    I would imagine it's hard for Hal or ANY superhero to hold down a regular job and earn a steady paycheck (unless they're filthy rich like Bruce Wayne) when you're called upon to save the world at almost any moment. Grant Morrison had it right when he portrayed Hal in the GL reboot as a drifter who's in and out of work since his main job is an intergalactic lawman.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-01-2019 at 01:52 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If only Johns had decided to write this Hal when he rebooted the Justice League. I get that he was younger, but the whole point of being a GL was that he was chosen because he was already heroic, not that he eventually matures to this level over time. It still befuddles me that Johns of all people made that choice for the younger Hal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can totally believe the concept from Metal that Hal would wear his flight jacket over a suit .
    Still have'nt read Metal. How was Hal in it?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Still have'nt read Metal. How was Hal in it?
    Glad to see him, but he was barely in it or just doing stuff in the background in big fight scenes. Like most JLA stories these days, the Trinity just sucks up all the air in the room.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Glad to see him, but he was barely in it or just doing stuff in the background in big fight scenes. Like most JLA stories these days, the Trinity just sucks up all the air in the room.
    I kinda wished Hal was part of Morisson's JLA. Everybody seemed to have a part to play.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

I still lol at the chips, and can laying about.

Hal is way too good of a friend. Hal has a lot of patience when it comes to Bruce.

Extraordinary Member

If only Johns had decided to write this Hal when he rebooted the Justice League. I get that he was younger, but the whole point of being a GL was that he was chosen because he was already heroic, not that he eventually matures to this level over time. It still befuddles me that Johns of all people made that choice for the younger Hal.
    I figured it was a side effect from Ryan Reynolds.

Extraordinary Member

I think this was one of the reasons I enjoyed Blackest Night at the time. The main players were not the trinity, despite their presence looming in the background.

I really would like to see a major JLA story featuring Hal, Ollie, Carter, Ray, Barry, MM, and Dinah. Throw in Vixen, Hawkgirl, and Vibe. Give the trinity a break.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I still lol at the chips, and can laying about.

Hal is way too good of a friend. Hal has a lot of patience when it comes to Bruce.
    Somehow I still get weirded out with the Hal and Bruce dynamic.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I think this was one of the reasons I enjoyed Blackest Night at the time. The main players were not the trinity, despite their presence looming in the background.

I really would like to see a major JLA story featuring Hal, Ollie, Carter, Ray, Barry, MM, and Dinah. Throw in Vixen, Hawkgirl, and Vibe. Give the trinity a break.
    That would be awesome.

Maybe a story where they have to fight against the Crime Syndicate, the Extremists, and Warworld.

Extraordinary Member

Somehow I still get weirded out with the Hal and Bruce dynamic.
    The dynamic that Geoff set Hal up with Bruce & Sinestro is really bizarre to me.

Truth is, Hal should be telling both to kiss his emerald grits.

Geoff had it right during GL Rebirth 2005, then he jumped the shark.

Extraordinary Member

That would be awesome.

Maybe a story where they have to fight against the Crime Syndicate, the Extremists, and Warworld.
    Those are great suggestions. Too bad the JLA no longer has a rotating roll call.

The character interplay would be very entertaining.