Page 30 of 222 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Cool art! However, I had always thought there was only one woman for Hal, and that's Carol. I don't think Diana would fall for Hal, not like she had New 52 Clark.
    Would be nice if Grant had plans for Hal and Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

thoughts?
    Out of anyone in the League I could see dating, it's definitely not these two.

I do agree with j9ac9k that I'd like to see more positive interaction between Hal and Diana. Or just among the Big Seven in general.

Really, past Barry, Bruce, and maybe Clark Hal doesn't hang around the rest of the founders that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm against the idea of Hal dating other superheroes in general.
    Does that preclude Carol as Star Sapphire or Arisia as a fellow GL?

Well, Carol is technically a Hal Jordan love interest before she's a Star Sapphire and let's not even bring up Arisia.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Diana is out of Hal's league

Very curious to see how far this undercover story plays out. How many stories have had Hal go undercover? I can't think of any. For DC's premier space cop superhero, I can't believe nobody thought about doing that before.

John Stewart had a whole undercover cop story as Hunger Dogs, but nothing was done with it. Hopefully that gets a relook.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Diana is out of Hal's league

Very curious to see how far this undercover story plays out. How many stories have had Hal go undercover? I can't think of any. For DC's premier space cop superhero, I can't believe nobody thought about doing that before.

John Stewart had a whole undercover cop story as Hunger Dogs, but nothing was done with it. Hopefully that gets a relook.
    Well, "Renegade" was kind of an undercover job, in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, "Renegade" was kind of an undercover job, in some ways.
    I tried and failed to finish that story. The post-Johns GL era was not my jam.

Incredible Member

Well, they had a plan to let Hal and Diana go to date in 1970s.
    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-431/

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I don't see it at all. From the JL team they have almost nothing in common and can't really see them interacting much.

Hal's group is Barry, Ollie and Clark. He kind of has a frenemy relationship with Batman.

I've seen Hal interact with Hawkman and the Atom occasionally. But I don't remember Hal talking with Wonder Woman or Aquaman really.

So as a romantic relationship my reaction would be "Huh?" Followed by a hard no.

I think a much more fun romance and one that I would want to see, but only in an Elseworld, would be Hal and Lois.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 02-11-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Back in the '70s, was Steve Trevor dead at the time? I can see Diana seeing similarities between Hal and him. I don't know if GL and WW had a ton of depth back then, so I can see their pairing being a fairly stereotypical male/female dynamic. The last thing I'd want to see was Diana educating clueless Hal on gender dynamics and "women's lib" or something - replicating "Hard Traveling Heroes" but with the gender issues of the time. ("Hard Dating Heroes??")

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Back in the '70s, was Steve Trevor dead at the time? I can see Diana seeing similarities between Hal and him. I don't know if GL and WW had a ton of depth back then, so I can see their pairing being a fairly stereotypical male/female dynamic. The last thing I'd want to see was Diana educating clueless Hal on gender dynamics and "women's lib" or something - replicating "Hard Traveling Heroes" but with the gender issues of the time. ("Hard Dating Heroes??")
    Remember when people kept wanting Chris Pine to play Hal before he was announced as Steve Tevor ?

(Funnily enough, Hal and Steve share two voice actors: Nathan Fillion and Josh Keaton).

It's like Hal's speaking for the RPG community .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Did Hal watch Tarantula or Earth vs. the Spider on TV too many times as a kid on Saturday afternoons?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Well, they had a plan to let Hal and Diana go to date in 1970s.
    https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-431/
    I can see it. I think it would make a fun and interesting duo.

Anyways, I was talking to my friend today about the potential Green Lantern movie/reboot/etc that we'll probably eventually get. And when we talked about which Green Lantern we wanted to see be the main focus on he mentioned he'd rather see Simon Baz instead of Hal Jordan because aside from him wanting a more newer Green Lantern be the next to get the movie treatment, he also mentioned Simon being "non white/diverse" and I was puzzled.

Simon's of Lebanese ancestry but that's still white. The American government views Arab people as "white" and many other countries in the Americas like Brazil, Colombia and several Caribbean islands all recognized their Arab/Levant immigrants as "white". And "racially" speaking, ethnic Middle Easterners and North Africans are still "Caucasian", of the Mediterranean variety. I've seen many Europeans who were just as dark in skin tone and "ethnic" looking as Simon. And if there are Asians who have literal "white" skin but aren't "white" then Simon Baz is "white".

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I can see it. I think it would make a fun and interesting duo.

Anyways, I was talking to my friend today about the potential Green Lantern movie/reboot/etc that we'll probably eventually get. And when we talked about which Green Lantern we wanted to see be the main focus on he mentioned he'd rather see Simon Baz instead of Hal Jordan because aside from him wanting a more newer Green Lantern be the next to get the movie treatment, he also mentioned Simon being "non white/diverse" and I was puzzled.

Simon's of Lebanese ancestry but that's still white. The American government views Arab people as "white" and many other countries in the Americas like Brazil, Colombia and several Caribbean islands all recognized their Arab/Levant immigrants as "white". And "racially" speaking, ethnic Middle Easterners and North Africans are still "Caucasian", of the Mediterranean variety. I've seen many Europeans who were just as dark in skin tone and "ethnic" looking as Simon. And if there are Asians who have literal "white" skin but aren't "white" then Simon Baz is "white".
    Not really what this thread is about.