Page 212 of 222 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3319
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hey, Hal's thrown down with homicidal Kryptonians and lived to brag about it, how hard could it be to tangle with a Thunder God?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I bet Odin is rooting for Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I bet Odin is rooting for Hal.
    Probably. He's kindof a dick like that.

But now all I want to see is a Loki/Sinestro teamup!

Extraordinary Member

As they are two of my favorites, this is one fight I don't want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As they are two of my favorites, this is one fight I don't want to see.
    i think it's interesting.

hal is so far away from the rest of the dcu, i wouldn't mind him popping in the marvel universe...

Extraordinary Member

hal is so far away from the rest of the dcu, i wouldn't mind him popping in the marvel universe...
    I actually feel the Green Lantern franchise would work well in the Marvel Universe. I don't think the Bat-books are the only DC franchise that would work at Marvel.

Hal, John, & Guy scream Marvel to me. Kyle is based off Peter Parker, IIRC.

I see Hal Jordan & Ben Grimm being bros. Airplanes, loving non-kosher women, solving problems with their fist, facing impossible odds with a smile, explaining cosmic events in a way that anyone half awake can understand....are just a few things they got in common (to me). I see Ben being like an older brother to Hal (in a way Jack was not). I can imagine them serving in the Air Force back in the day.

Hal would be a mainstay at Ben's poker parties (if he had time to spend on Earth).

I think Hal Jordan and James Rhodes would get along quite well, too. A lot of folks compare Hal to Tony Stark, and John Stewart to James Rhodes for obvious reasons, but I think Hal & Rhodey would be tight.

I think Janet Van Dyne would get more than what she bargained for flirting with Hal.

I think Hal would cause at least one of Hank Pym's breakdowns!

I'd pay to see Green Lantern vs Yellowjacket!

The most secure hero vs the most insecure hero would almost write itself.

According to the solit for "TGL" #2, Hal's been assigned back to earth! We'll see if that means him appearing anywhere else...

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I actually feel the Green Lantern franchise would work well in the Marvel Universe. I don't think the Bat-books are the only DC franchise that would work at Marvel.

Hal, John, & Guy scream Marvel to me. Kyle is based off Peter Parker, IIRC.

I see Hal Jordan & Ben Grimm being bros. Airplanes, loving non-kosher women, solving problems with their fist, facing impossible odds with a smile, explaining cosmic events in a way that anyone half awake can understand....are just a few things they got in common (to me). I see Ben being like an older brother to Hal (in a way Jack was not). I can imagine them serving in the Air Force back in the day.

Hal would be a mainstay at Ben's poker parties (if he had time to spend on Earth).

I think Hal Jordan and James Rhodes would get along quite well, too. A lot of folks compare Hal to Tony Stark, and John Stewart to James Rhodes for obvious reasons, but I think Hal & Rhodey would be tight.

I think Janet Van Dyne would get more than what she bargained for flirting with Hal.

Nice comparisons! I think Guy and Wolverine would be tight, two hardnosed ass-kickers who don't take crap off anyone....and they both love beer!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I do like to think that Hal and Hank would get along after a while though. It'd be a bit similar to his relationship with Barry.

The most fun would probably be Steve though, because I could see a lot of fights happening there.

Red Son Hal and John:

THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #2

written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Hal Jordan is stuck on the worst possible planet he can imagine: Earth! Reassigned by the bold new Guardians to patrol his home planet, Hal finds himself a bit bored with his familiar haunts versus the infinite expanse and adventure of outer space. But when an invasion from the dawn of time strikes the planet, can Hal stop…the Ornitho-Men?!
    ON SALE 03.11.20
    $3.99 US | 2 OF 12 | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.

I actually feel the Green Lantern franchise would work well in the Marvel Universe.
    I think Hal and Captain Marvel would have the most epic love story! They'd be a couple where they really are equals in a way they tried with Clark and Diana, except that they're both a lot more human than those two. I imagine it'd be a fiery, contentious relationship because they're both staunch individualists, but there's almost nobody else in the world who could handle them in terms of who they are and what they do as heroes. They'd be that couple that fights all the time but has awesome make-up sex and ultimately, know that they'll never actually commit because they both kinda like it that way.

The variant cover for TGL No.2 by Nicola Scott.

And a new DCeased Hal figure. Good Hal content today.

Mighty Member

Why a DCeased figure? Didn't he only show up in one issue to die in a stupid way?