Page 182 of 222 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3319
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I don't know much about Green Lantern and I can only make out a few words from DC's blurry new timeline

Generation 2 The Space Age 15 Year Time Window
    Year 1 Batman and Superman debuts
    Year 2 Hal Jordan debuts as Green Lantern
    Year 3 Sinestro something
    Year 15 Crisis on Infinite Earths - The Green Lantern part is covered by a spoiler box

Generation 3 The Age of Crisis 15 Year Time Window
    Year 5 - Covered with spoiler box
    Year 6 Zero Hour - Final Night - Hal Dies?
    Year 11 - Infinite Crisis - GL part is empty, I just put this here as a benchmark
    Year 14 - Final Crisis - same
    Year 15 Blackest Night - Brightest Day - Flashpoint

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5 Year Time Window - Confirmed as Didio posted the clear version
    Year 1 War of The GLs - Hal kills Mad Guardian
    Year 2 Hal = Green Lantern in Justice League - Kyle debuts as White Lantern

By the way, the Green Lantern and Green Arrow plus Black Canary timeline are in the same row so it's even harder to guess. That's all I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I don't know much about Green Lantern and I can only make out a few words from DC's blurry new timeline

Year 15 Crisis on Infinite Earths - The Green Lantern part is covered by a spoiler box

Year 11 - Infinite Crisis - GL part is empty, I just put this here as a benchmark

Generation 4 The Flashpoint Age 5 Year Time Window - Confirmed as Didio posted the clear version

By the way, the Green Lantern and Green Arrow plus Black Canary timeline are in the same row so it's even harder to guess. That's all I got.
    Thanks for this! I think I'd give myself a terrible headache trying to read the blurry text.

Wonder what those two spoiler boxes are meant to be.

It's interesting what they do with the timeline in that they could actually make Hal a lot older, but since he died and was resurrected, he came back in "Rebirth" as a younger man to explain him still being a regular human still active today - unless of course they want to say that bearing a GL ring makes you ageless, which would be very cool (characters like Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman have easy outs in terms of not showing their age - the only real problem is their supporting characters)

Mighty Member

I wonder if this is related to the Parallax from Convergence?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's interesting what they do with the timeline in that they could actually make Hal a lot older, but since he died and was resurrected, he came back in "Rebirth" as a younger man to explain him still being a regular human still active today - unless of course they want to say that bearing a GL ring makes you ageless, which would be very cool (characters like Flash, Superman, Wonder Woman have easy outs in terms of not showing their age - the only real problem is their supporting characters)
    Well if Batman isn't a lot older then I guess Hal shouldn't be either, even if he hadn't died.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

what? where is this from?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    what? where is this from?
    NYCC. Bleeding Cool posted the blurry photo they took. There's a thread that posted those.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal makes a cameo in the new TTG vs TT movie, where he's apparently in hell now.

Y'all know how I feel about WB treating the character like this, so I won't get into that whole thing again, but I think it's starting to get alarming.
    See the green gloves? That's a joke about where the character ended up after the movie was a disaster. Same deal with Mxy, who has mostly been confined to the cartoons because he's viewed as too silly to ever appear in the live-action films.

It's not meant to be a slam against Hal.

wait. if that's hal, this is definitely going to be awesome...

Dear lord, that's beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Too bad we don't have an angle on Hal here, but it's a bit of a missed opportunity on the sculptor's part that Hal's not even making a construct - just some tiny beam that disappears into Darkseid's belt.
    Hal's about to give Darkseid one of his legendary Emerald Wedgies.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of the 2011 movie, Ryan Reynolds and Waititi did a video for a new movie they're working on together and they both act like they've never been in something together before and then the two younger stars remind them they were in Green Lantern. They act like they have no idea what they're talking about but they keep pressing the issue until Reynolds and Waititi vanish .

I get the movie didn't do too well, but jeez. I didn't know Reynolds hated it that much.
    Director Martin Campbell didn't want Reynolds in the part, he wanted Bradley Cooper, but WB forced him to cast Reynolds. Reportedly, Campbell made Reynolds do take after take after take, because he was never satisfied with Reynold's performance. So, I can understand why Reynolds feels that way, as he was stuck acting in front of a green screen in a leotard in humid New Orleans heat for months trying to please a guy who never wanted him there to begin with. The fact that GL ended up being even semi-watchable is pretty remarkable. Reynolds did the best that he could in a reaaaaally bad situation, and still ended up putting out a pretty good portrayal as Hal, despite all the chaos surrounding the script and production.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Director Martin Campbell didn't want Reynolds in the part, he wanted Bradley Cooper, but WB forced him to cast Reynolds. Reportedly, Campbell made Reynolds do take after take after take, because he was never satisfied with Reynold's performance. So, I can understand why Reynolds feels that way, as he was stuck acting in front of a green screen in a leotard in humid New Orleans heat for months trying to please a guy who never wanted him there to begin with. The fact that GL ended up being even semi-watchable is pretty remarkable. Reynolds did the best that he could in a reaaaaally bad situation, and still ended up putting out a pretty good portrayal as Hal, despite all the chaos surrounding the script and production.
    Hmmm.

Bradley Cooper sounds better.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I thought it was interesting that King's Hal and King's Kyle both tackled some religious stuff. It was pretty baked into the premise (The Omega Men, and the New Gods), but hey, it still seemed noteworthy. I wonder if he did a John or Guy story if they would.

I'm loving Morrison's GL and really digging Snyder's use of John in JL so I'm not itching to see either thing get changed for a while, but I think ideally I'd like to see the Green Lantern line placed under the writing duo of King & Seeley. Seeley started doing interesting things with Jessica and Simon, King has done some neat bits of Hal and Kyle, I'd like to see them world-build that a bit. (Seeley is also a champion follow-up-act player with Morrison concepts.)
    I shudder at the thought of King writing John & Guy, the two Earth GL's with traumatic back stories.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wish we could have gotten at least one Hal & Wally story before Flashwar.

Extraordinary Member

wait. if that's hal, this is definitely going to be awesome...

I do like that Hal is launching his attack in front of Darkseid, unlike some of his peers.