Page 107 of 222 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I watch those DCSHG shorts because I'm curious. For instance it's interesting to me why Hal hasn't used his ring even once on this show yet. For all I know it could lead to some good scene where he finally uses it and starts to move on from being such a coward in this version. I fully understand I'm not the target audience and at this point I'm not worried about bad public perception towards Hal(the 2011 movie already made sure of that), it's more about some type of of morbid curiosity where I'm wondering where this version of the character could go, and also due to the fact that it's the only place to see him outside of comics currently.
    I just like following Hal's appearances any chance I get.

Mighty Member

I like the DCSHG cartoon and I just think it's fun that Hal is in it, in a goofy cartoon context I don't really mind the dumb jock characterization it's certainly not as out of place here as it was in, say, JL War or new 52 JL. They didn't have to include him or give him exposure at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Barry is already in the show, but I don't know if he and Hal have interacted. There seems to be a group of six main girls, six main villains, and six boys plus a few extras.
    By the way, who are the six? There's Hal and Barry. And that kid who I think is Aqualad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    By the way, who are the six? There's Hal and Barry. And that kid who I think is Aqualad.
    Judging by some concept art it's Hal, Barry, Garth, Hawkman, Ollie and Steve Trevor. I don't think the latter three have been in the series yet but they were in concept art and on a leaked poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yeah, Keaton has been killing it as Dudebro Aquaman, so he'd do great with this version, too. It's a shame that Keaton's Aquaman and Fillion's smart-ass Hal don't get much time to bounce off each other.

At one point, they had Keaton playing Barry to Fillion's Hal. That was a great match.
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Matt Lanter from the animated movies? I don't think he's a dudebro but he is kind of more of a "dude."

The only time I remember Keaton playing Aquaman was for the Infinite Crisis MOBA and he was basically classic Aquaman.

Keaton played Wally in Crisis on Two Earths but GL in that movie was Nolan North. He was both Barry and Hal in the original DC Super Hero Girls but I don't think they ever had a scene together.
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Judging by some concept art it's Hal, Barry, Garth, Hawkman, Ollie and Steve Trevor. I don't think the latter three have been in the series yet but they were in concept art and on a leaked poster.
    I haven't seen any concept art or a leaked poster (link?) but I remember seeing Steve in the tie-in comic they have running right now.

(Man, after how they handled Superman and Hal I'm not sure what to think of how they'll handle Ollie and Hawkman...).

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are you sure you're not thinking of Matt Lanter from the animated movies? I don't think he's a dudebro but he is kind of more of a "dude."

The only time I remember Keaton playing Aquaman was for the Infinite Crisis MOBA and he was basically classic Aquaman.

Keaton played Wally in Crisis on Two Earths but GL in that movie was Nolan North. He was both Barry and Hal in the original DC Super Hero Girls but I don't think they ever had a scene together.

I haven't seen any concept art or a leaked poster (link?) but I remember seeing Steve in the tie-in comic they have running right now.

(Man, after how they handled Superman and Hal I'm not sure what to think of how they'll handle Ollie and Hawkman...).
    Yup, you're right. I got Lantern mixed up with Keaton. Checked his credits on IMDB, geez, this guy works a lot. In the first incarnation of DC Super Hero Girls, he played Barry, Hal, and Steve Trevor. In Crisis on Two Earths, he was both Flash and Aquaman. He even played Orion at one point. For Marvel, he's played everyone from Spider-Man, Green Goblin, Electro, Man-Wolf to Ant-Man.

I knew Fillion had played both Hal & Steve (which is kinda the same dude), while Newbern played both Supes & Steve and LaMarr played John & Static, but Keaton has got them all beat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

How was Superman portrayed?

I don't know if he's made any real appearances, but in the first episode, they showed the media giving Superman credit for stuff that Supergirl has actually done.

A bit of an arrogant tool. He still saves people but a part of him seems to do it just for the glory and he's very condescending to Supergirl.

Out in July. This will definitely be awesome to read in a trade.

Last edited by Johnny; 05-27-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Out in July. This will definitely feel awesome to read in trade.

Cool! Can't wait to read it .

I've been re-reading Morrison & Sharp's run with one of my students and it really does hold up. Like much of Morrison's work, it only improves upon each re-read, but the staggering detail and beauty of Sharp's art remains the highlight of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That is gorgeous. Reis still draws the definitive Hal Jordan in my eyes.