Page 113 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    "These are the same guys O’Neil wrote about almost 50 (!) years ago."

Hopefully that's a good thing when it comes to Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The creators did a much better job on the endeavor with Hal during the Superfriends era, imo.

Hal was the one I identified more with as a kid. It was tough to taking Black Vulcan series with the bare legs.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Love the smile on Hal's face.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This is a duplicate post from the John Stewart thread but you guys will want to hear this, too.

According to Liam Sharp, The Green Lantern is gaining more readers each month and is now DC's best selling title outside of Batman and the big event books. Morrison's stuff tends to do better once word of mouth builds and more readers outside the traditional mainstream superhero audience get hooked. I would expect it to do even better in TPB as well.

Hal reeling them in .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal reeling them in .
    I miss him doing "normal" superhero activities on Earth. Wonder if he goes back to Earth just to see his bro or he's alerted of an alien threat and he uses the occasion to team-up with Ollie.

I miss him doing "normal" superhero activities on Earth. Wonder if he goes back to Earth just to see his bro or he's alerted of an alien threat and he uses the occasion to team-up with Ollie.
    I always kind of wonder what goes on in Coast City since it's probably been years since a Green Lantern has regularly been there to actually protect it and fight crime.

Like, does Carol do Hal's job in Coast City now? Is Star Sapphire regularly patrolling and fighting Tattooed Man or common crooks?

I mean, I don't imagine Coast City was a crime-ridden cesspool before Green Lantern showed up but I'd like to think GL had an impact on the city beyond making it the "city without fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always kind of wonder what goes on in Coast City since it's probably been years since a Green Lantern has regularly been there to actually protect it and fight crime.

Like, does Carol do Hal's job in Coast City now? Is Star Sapphire regularly patrolling and fighting Tattooed Man or common crooks?

I mean, I don't imagine Coast City was a crime-ridden cesspool before Green Lantern showed up but I'd like to think GL had an impact on the city beyond making it the "city without fear."
    I think Coast City is probably one of the safest in America because it's filled with people who aren't afraid and believe in a better future. What kind of citizens would live in a city like that, what kind of cops and local government would it have? And how many heroes across the DCU would make sure to chip in to keep that city safe from harm again? I would imagine Superman, in particular, always keeps a close eye on Coast City, along with any other GL stationed on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This is a duplicate post from the John Stewart thread but you guys will want to hear this, too.

According to Liam Sharp, The Green Lantern is gaining more readers each month and is now DC's best selling title outside of Batman and the big event books. Morrison's stuff tends to do better once word of mouth builds and more readers outside the traditional mainstream superhero audience get hooked. I would expect it to do even better in TPB as well.
    Sounds like it’s following in the footsteps of Immortal Hulk which is great. I want to see GL become one of DC’s big franchises again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds like it’s following in the footsteps of Immortal Hulk which is great. I want to see GL become one of DC’s big franchises again.
    If sales are as good as they sound, I would suspect that a slow expansion of the GL line is just around the corner. With Far Sector coming up, I don't think anyone would be surprised by a new GLCorps title getting announced. Just a matter of finding the right creative team.