Page 189 of 222 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,835 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Man, I want Shaner on a Hal-focused GL book. Maybe Season 3 of "The Green Lantern" is Morrison wants to move on.

Whose writing style would fit though? Waid? Bendis seems to write a fun Hal, but he can be .... Bendis-y. King wrote a great Hal, but he is really hit and miss. Can DC drag Simonson back as a writer? Alan Davis wrote a great Hal in "The Nail" books, but he's similar to Morrison in that he indulges in his form of whackiness at the expense of character sometimes.
    Jeff Parker .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hope you're enjoying it .
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It has its faults, especially towards the end, but overall I found it very enjoyable.
    It's really good so far. I had read the New 52 half of Johns run long ago so I wanted to read the beginning half and I'm enjoying it. John is barely shown but I'm also enjoying the GLC sister title to Hal's solo.

Incredible Member

"You're a bad boy, S-man". This scene still feels uncomfortable after all this time.

yeah... This is weird. I don't know what's the meaning of this scene.

It's rough seeing Sinestro get street level dirty rather than just try to rule the universe. He nasty.

I like that First Flight didn't try to beat around the bush with Sinestro and made it perfectly clear he was a dick from the start, disturbing scenes and all. It was the Training Day thing all over again, with Sinestro being Denzel Washington and Hal being Ethan Hawke.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Man, I want Shaner on a Hal-focused GL book. Maybe Season 3 of "The Green Lantern" is Morrison wants to move on.

Whose writing style would fit though? Waid? Bendis seems to write a fun Hal, but he can be .... Bendis-y. King wrote a great Hal, but he is really hit and miss. Can DC drag Simonson back as a writer? Alan Davis wrote a great Hal in "The Nail" books, but he's similar to Morrison in that he indulges in his form of whackiness at the expense of character sometimes.

Would love to have King writing Hal. That Darkseid War one-shot is still up there as one of the best Hal stories. Waid writes a very good Hal too but isn't he on bad terms with DC? Bendis' Hal is well, fun I guess, but doesn't really feel like Hal.

Yeah, Bendis' Hal and Barry are... interesting.

IF DC wants to keep The Green Lantern 'season' thing going, I would absolutely love a 12-issue King/Gerards offering once they wrap up Strange Adventures.

With King, I'd be concerned about him taking an "Omega Men" route rather than his "Darkseid War: GL One-Shot" route. Not that I didn't like "OM", but I don't think I want him to do that with Hal and the GLC.

I like that First Flight didn't try to beat around the bush with Sinestro and made it perfectly clear he was a dick from the start, disturbing scenes and all. It was the Training Day thing all over again, with Sinestro being Denzel Washington and Hal being Ethan Hawke.
    Victor Garber was a pretty good Sinestro. Ditto Christopher Meloni as Hal.
    With King, I'd be concerned about him taking an "Omega Men" route rather than his "Darkseid War: GL One-Shot" route. Not that I didn't like "OM", but I don't think I want him to do that with Hal and the GLC.
    I think King is preferable on mini's and one-shots over long-running series.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Did he succeed ?

At this point I'm up for any Hal team-up stories, especially outside the usual choices.

Adam Strange popped up in "The Green Lantern" - it's only fair...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did he succeed ?
    i really, really hope so.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Tom King confirmed on Twitter that he's gonna try to include Hal in Strange Adventures, so I think it is pretty likely he'll show up at some point.