Page 114 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    If sales are as good as they sound, I would suspect that a slow expansion of the GL line is just around the corner. With Far Sector coming up, I don't think anyone would be surprised by a new GLCorps title getting announced. Just a matter of finding the right creative team.
    I dunno.

Flash has been one of DC's better-selling titles and they haven't launched any kind of spinoff book at all, even the most sensible thing of a Wally West solo, so I don't think DC is as expansion happy as they used to be otherwise we would still have a GLC book.

At this point, I expect to see Jessica highlighted in a second GL title more than anything else and the others either in a JL lineup or supporting characters in Jessica's title. But as with anything, it depends on whether there's a writer who pitches the right idea or has any interest in any given GL.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno.

Flash has been one of DC's better-selling titles and they haven't launched any kind of spinoff book at all, even the most sensible thing of a Wally West solo, so I don't think DC is as expansion happy as they used to be otherwise we would still have a GLC book.
    Now that Flash will soon stop being a twice monthly title, I think there's a much higher chance of a 2nd Flash book. I've heard rumblings that a Wally West book is in the planning stages, but who knows if that will be worth reading considering where that character is currently at. I dunno which creative team would even want to step into that hornet's nest now. I can't think of a single writer outside of Geoff Johns I'd trust with that book, and he's waaaaay too busy right now...although Doomsday Clock only has two issues left. That would be awesome if it happened.

As for a potential GLCorps book, I think that would also depend greatly on what creative teams they've got pitching. It's possible that the contraction of the DCU line will mean only one Flash and GL title a piece, but I think those franchises are strong enough to support more.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    At this point, I expect to see Jessica highlighted in a second GL title more than anything else and the others either in a JL lineup or supporting characters in Jessica's title. But as with anything, it depends on whether there's a writer who pitches the right idea or has any interest in any given GL.
    I think a Jessica/Guy book would be a lot of fun!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always kind of wonder what goes on in Coast City since it's probably been years since a Green Lantern has regularly been there to actually protect it and fight crime.

Like, does Carol do Hal's job in Coast City now? Is Star Sapphire regularly patrolling and fighting Tattooed Man or common crooks?

I mean, I don't imagine Coast City was a crime-ridden cesspool before Green Lantern showed up but I'd like to think GL had an impact on the city beyond making it the "city without fear."
    I do too.

There has got to be other heroes in Coast City besides Hal.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Hal was really tanned back then.

And the League had a lot of guys showing bare legs then.

Perhaps Justice League Action Hal took inspiration from that Hal. He looked rather tanned too.

This was a really good portrayal of Hal. Loved how instead of trying to fight to get to his ring, he calmed down the creature instead. Much like the GL TAS version, this Hal also had good balance between being impulsive, smart and kindhearted.
    Last edited by Johnny; 06-03-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Perhaps Justice League Action Hal took inspiration from that Hal. He looked rather tanned too.

This was a really good portrayal of Hal. Loved how instead of trying to fight to get to his ring, he calmed down the creature instead. Much like the GL TAS version, this Hal also had good balance between being impulsive, smart and kindhearted.
    Bonus points for being voiced by Josh Keaton .

they draw the mask differently in jlaction

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I want more Alan and Hal team-ups.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I want more Alan and Hal team-ups.
    I want more Hal and anyone team-ups.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I want more Hal and anyone team-ups.
    Same here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I love the 1980s.