Page 193 of 222 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3319
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    yeah... but that also can be a two-edged sword. That's pretty much what Parallax and Zero Hour was all about. Good Guys win, everyone lives, everyone safe. A universe with Krypton still there. Coast City safe. The Corps back.... a perverse need to make EVERYTHING right...

Great character trait, but dangerous with too much power.
    The funny thing about Zero Hour is how clear the Sinestro influence was behind the scenes which makes sense to me (what a great retcon by Geoff). All those cosmic shenanigans scream Sinestro to me: perfect order through absolute control.

Sinestro clearly knows Hal's need to protect, and warped that to the absolute extreme. What a brilliant revenge.

Still, the true hero was always bubbling underneath all that corruption. I love this page; Geoff was firing on all cylinders back then.

The soul of Hal Jordan was in a tug of war between two god-like entities, yet he was still going around looking after his folks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think that's because whenever Hal is there, they never try to accentuate on what makes him an essential JL member. He's usually portrayed as the cocky guy who is friends with Flash or frenemies with Batman and it doesn't seem to go anywhere beyond that. They never make it a point about what makes Hal an important an crucial component of that team dynamic. And to be fair, they don't really do that with other Lanterns either, it just seems to be about which character the particular writer wants to use in their run for the sake of having them there.
    That is an absolute drag. Hal should be the an essential member. Hal was often the difference maker in many of their early adventures. Hal is the one you want having your back because he can improvise, and keep a clear head during terrible situations. While fear & stress may impact decision-making for the average person, it won't with Hal.

Like the other Jordan, Hal can be trusted to make the game winning shot.

When the other GL's show up, it should be a fun character exercise to show their individual personality quirks, and how they bounce off the individual members of the JL. Writers totally fail to capitalize on that. It really made no sense how John would be pals with Barry. Given John's sensibilities, he should have gravitated towards Diana, Arthur, and/or Bruce. It made sense that Kyle would eventually bond with Wally (after their initial dislike for each other). It makes sense to me that Kyle would get along great with Superman & MM. It made sense that Guy was rub Batman the wrong way, and troll Superman, too, lol. MM would be the one having to rein Guy in.

While it is great that Hal has a deep bench, they are not permanent place holders on the JL. The team dynamic is not the same if the other GL's overstay their welcome.

But at the end of the day, the JL are Hal's friends. The other GL's are just competently filling in while he is away.

Extraordinary Member

I love consistency.

The man takes a direct hit, and laughs it off.

Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-24-2019 at 07:59 AM.

Probably my favorite page from Rebirth. And that really says a lot.

Feels good to be back .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Probably my favorite page from Rebirth. And that really says a lot.
    Even more than Hal sucker punching Bruce?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Even more than Hal sucker punching Bruce?
    That's a tough one. I'd say it's on par with that. Though another favorite scene of mine that a lot of people seem to have missed was right before Guy gets his ring back, you can see him flipping off the camera. Van Sciver said it was deliberate against the people who hated Guy Gardner. lol

That's a tough one. I'd say it's on par with that. Though another favorite scene of mine that a lot of people seem to have missed was right before Guy gets his ring back, you can see him flipping off the camera. Van Sciver said it was deliberate against the people who hated Guy Gardner. lol

Even under duress, Guy Gardner will flip people off .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Even under duress, Guy Gardner will flip people off .
    Hell, for shits and giggles, Guy will flip people off. And, for the record, he's my second favorite Earth Lantern behind Hal.

Astonishing Member

Really hope that Hal gets to play bigger roles this 2020.

If nothing else, we'd at least probably get a kickass second season of TGL.

If nothing else, we'd at least probably get a kickass second season of TGL.
    I'm certainly hoping for that!

It's really kind of weird seeing such a pleasant scene with Carol in brainwashed Star Sapphire mode.

I do like the classic costume though .

Waid's Flash & GL series has memorable scenes all the time. lol