Page 204 of 222 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3319
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    You're very welcome. I got a huge kick out of this. And as far as potentially bedding the Guardian goes... at this point is there anything that can't be expected from Hal. lol

I really loved this quote too:

“The thing I like most about Hal is something that people in comics generally dislike: He’s been around for so long and he’s super competent,” Morrison says. “When it comes to superheroes I love characters like Batman and Hal who have been around so long, the only way they could still be alive would be if they were the most hyper-competent men on the planet. Hal gets things done, he thinks fast on his feet, he’s been around the block a few times. I love to watch that guy going about his work. Rather than explore the frailties and flaws, what I love about superheroes like Batman or Hal Jordan is the fact that they have almost destroyed all their human flaws and they’ve become different than a normal human being. That fascinates me and gets them closer to the idea of a ‘superhero’ than trying to make them like us.”
    That quote is just a truth bomb, straight up. Hal was never meant to be like an ordinary person. The appeal of the other human GL's were them being a bit more relatable in some way, form, or fashion.

I always held the belief that the three most unique humans on DC Earth are Bruce Wayne, Lex Luthor, & Hal Jordan. Out of the three of them, Hal is the most well-adjusted, not letting personal flaws/quirks prevent them maximizing their full potential.

Ironically none of DC's attempts to make Hal more relatable over the years ever really worked. Making him a truck driver or toy salesman or a disillusioned aging veteran never really clicked with the audience, they wanted the young hotshot who knew he could get the job done and wasn't remotely shy about it. In my opinion Hal is one of those characters where the "60s power fantasy" thing actually works and trying to change it out of fear of being outdated has only proved to lead to worse results.

Ironically none of DC's attempts to make Hal more relatable over the years ever really worked. Making him a truck driver or toy salesman or a disillusioned aging veteran never really clicked with the audience, they wanted the young hotshot who knew he could get the job done and wasn't remotely shy about it. In my opinion Hal is one of those characters where the "60s power fantasy" thing actually works and trying to change it out of fear of being outdated has only proved to lead to worse results.
    Yes. I think it's best to show him this way and maybe to some, it's actually a character flaw, which is fine and can be mined for good storytelling - the same way Bruce Wayne is not a perfect person, but the qualities that make him a flawed man make him a great hero also.

The solicits for the first issue of TLG Season Two. Hopefully they release the variant cover soon.

THE GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #1
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by GERALD PAREL
    blank variant cover
    The team of writer Grant Morrison and artist Liam Sharp continue their bold new take on the Emerald Warrior in a wild 30-page second season opener!
    In the wake of the Blackstar incursion, Hal Jordan and his fellow Lanterns must pick up the pieces from that cataclysmic conclusion. Among them is Jordan’s next critical mission: search for the next generation of cosmic immortals. Is the universe ready for…the Young Guardians?
    ON SALE 02.12.20
    $4.99 US | 1 OF 12 | 40 PAGES

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes. I think it's best to show him this way and maybe to some, it's actually a character flaw, which is fine and can be mined for good storytelling - the same way Bruce Wayne is not a perfect person, but the qualities that make him a flawed man make him a great hero also.
    I'm glad that people like Morrison get these characters.

cool. hal is front and center.

that was a cool interview with liam sharp. glad they have respect for the characters they work on.

Mighty Member

I don't believe this has been announced yet but it showed up in DC's collections catalogue

Hal Jordan and John Stewart must team up to save the last Green Lantern Guardian from an evil force!
    Hal Jordan and John Stewart must team up to save the last Green Lantern Guardian from an evil force!

Manhunters, alien races, rings of power--it's a lot for the people of Earth to absorb. Especially when an interplanetary incident forces their protector, Hal Jordan, to leave on a rescue mission that results in the discovery that there's a new player in the galaxy: Yellow Lanterns!

While they seem a benign force for peace, Jordan can't get comfortable with how much power they wield, or their bizarre, lockstep behavior. When fellow Earthling John Stewart ends up with a yellow ring, he and Hal must work together to confront the being who destroyed the original Green Lantern Corps--the last surviving Guardian.

Corinna Bechko and Gabriel Hardman feature two of the most famous DC characters, Hal Jordan and John Stewart, like you've never seen them before!

Holy moley - I was not expecting to see this so soon (or at all, to be honest)

I am really interested to see where they go with this iteration of GL.

Preview and new interview with Morrison and Sharp for Season Two: https://ew.com/books/2019/11/14/gran...m_term=6558797

Liam sure knows how to draw Hal's hair.

PS: This sounds fun:
    Looks great, can’t wait!
    Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I don't believe this has been announced yet but it showed up in DC's collections catalogue

Damn I was not expecting the first volume to get a follow up, but I can’t say I’m not super excited.

That's interesting. Given that there's usually around a two year gap between those Earth One books, I was wondering when they would say something about a sequel. Not surprised that John will be in it given that Hardman said he was a fan of the character and the whole point in the first book was Hal searching for others to help with against the Manhunters.

hey, cool. there's a second volume? i really enjoyed the first one. i wouldn't mind if this grows into a series of its own.

I wasn't even expecting a sequel to be honest. But cool .

I love Sinestro clicking his fingers. It's such a Sinestro thing to do .