Page 195 of 222 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 3319
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Mr. Cooke is dearly missed.

Very much so!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

If I'm not mistaken, so far this one of the last DC animated movies where Hal has appeared on the cover.

It's a real shame we didn't get more films in the "First Flight" universe. (I also thought Meloni did a great job and they should have stuck with him over Fillion - yes, heresy I know...)

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I can't help but notice that Green Lantern and Cyborg are the only two of the original justice league members that still haven't got a Walmat Giant series... Seriously? Even Swamp Thing has got one.
    Cyborg I'm not surprised by, but I am surprised they never did a GL one.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's a real shame we didn't get more films in the "First Flight" universe. (I also thought Meloni did a great job and they should have stuck with him over Fillion - yes, heresy I know...)
    I think Meloni is pretty underrated as Hal.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cyborg I'm not surprised by, but I am surprised they never did a GL one.
    Considering how many earth GL's there are, that's one property that's perfect for a Giant series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I've heard plenty of wanting to see Sinestro Corps War as an animated movie. I do too.

But I would probably like to see Hal deal with Appa Ali Apsa growing insane and kidnapping cities to Oa.

If you're to believe some of the rumors, Kyle would be the main character since Hal and John are reportedly off-limits. If true, that at least tells us we probably won't get Parallax Hal running around. What caught my eye though was the press release referring to the show as "Green Lantern inspired". Wonder what that means. Could it be like the Krypton TV show where they had some familiar characters from the Superman mythos but not the ones people are usually aware of and had a mostly original cast.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-30-2019 at 04:01 AM.

BANNED

Well, that's an official announcement about something, so that's good. On the flip side, this makes me wonder if WB won't use Green Lantern in film. I have an impression that if a DC property has some kind of TV or streaming show, that kinda' says that WB might not be planning films for it. Marvel kinda' works the same way, with characters like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Cloak and Dagger, and so on. There are a couple exceptions, like Shield and The Flash, but they seem to only be exceptions. And they kinda' aren't, since neither entity has a stand alone film despite playing big roles in films.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 10-30-2019 at 04:24 AM.

If you're to believe some of the rumors, Kyle would be the main character since Hal and John are reportedly off-limits. If true, that at least tells us we probably won't get Parallax Hal running around. What caught my eye though was the press release referring to the show as "Green Lantern inspired". Wonder what that means. Could it be like the Krypton TV show where they had some familiar characters from the Superman mythos but not the ones people are usually aware of and had a mostly original cast.
    ok. that's a bit of a downer...

because at this point, i would welcome any portrayal (well... almost any) hal outside comics.

i'm sure fans of kyle would like to see him too, same as i do for hal.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Well, that sucks.

I've been saying for years that people should not expect anything good for the Hal Jordan character in live-action and seems like it always fell on deaf ears. It was never my intention to bum people out or discourage them from supporting the character, I was only trying to be realistic based on my observations on how he's been treated by the company that owns him during the last decade. Even if he were to appear in some capacity, it would either be as part of some backstory, or as a villain in order to prop the main character. The Hal Jordan character is simply not a priority for DC's film, TV or animated divisions.

Incredible Member

I've been saying for years that people should not expect anything good for the Hal Jordan character in live-action and seems like it always fell on deaf ears. It was never my intention to bum people out or discourage them from supporting the character, I was only trying to be realistic based on my observations on how he's been treated by the company that owns him during the last decade. Even if he were to appear in some capacity, it would either be as part of some backstory, or as a villain in order to prop the main character. The Hal Jordan character is simply not a priority for DC's film, TV or animated divisions.
    I know what you mean. I feel the same. No expectations, no disappointments.

Very cool news!

The Wrap:
    “Both of these original DC properties we’ll be creating for HBO Max will be unlike anything seen on television,” said Berlanti. “An anthology series of cautionary tales set in a world where superpowers exist, and, in what promises to be our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series, but I can’t reveal any more about that just yet.”
    Greg Berlanti is a huge GL fan, and wrote the original pitch WB bought for the eventual GL film.

With the right budget and liberal utilization of source material, this could be really good. My guess is that since it's space-based, it'll be a procedural with seasonal arcs. I'm optimistic about this.
    Last edited by Dr. Ellingham; 10-30-2019 at 10:30 AM.