Page 161 of 222 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 3319
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I still am curious to know what the original plan was.
    I think the plan changed daily back then. To be fair to Didio, though, he was also given his marching orders from then DC head honcho Diane Nelson, who was the reason we got Before Watchmen. Warners only keeps DC around publishing new comics in order to have a cheap way of generating new ideas for the IP they own. The New 52 was designed to strip away all the excess continuity baggage so that that IP would be easier to adapt into outside media.

Screw you, Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Screw you, Young Justice.

why? something happened in young justice?

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    why? something happened in young justice?
    In the current season Hal has the gray hair and looks old af. Sign of things to come next season I assume. It's sad if they choose to do that story but why else make Hal old when no other Leaguer on the show looks old.

Read #40 in my Silver Age read through yesterday -- Hal and Alan Scott versus Krona. Great issue.

In the current season Hal has the gray hair and looks old af. Sign of things to come next season I assume. It's sad if they choose to do that story but why else make Hal old when no other Leaguer on the show looks old.
    Especially when the other GL's don't look like they've aged at all...although I guess for John, black don't crack .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Read #40 in my Silver Age read through yesterday -- Hal and Alan Scott versus Krona. Great issue.
    It certainly was.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Especially when the other GL's don't look like they've aged at all...although I guess for John, black don't crack .
    I always knew you had soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I would actually trust someone like Greg Weisman to do that story well, or at least as well as it can be done, but what concerns me is for this to not become a reoccurring pattern for the character in outside media down the line. It's one of the main concerns I have for the movie rumors of Hal being older or turned into a bad guy, because once we see that in a live-action movie, you know that's how they would start portraying the character in every other media adaptation going forward. Or maybe it's just paranoia creeping up on me, but it's very difficult to be optimistic about this character these days.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-21-2019 at 09:01 AM.

I think I would actually trust someone like Greg Weisman to do that story well, or at least as well as it can be done, but what concerns me is for this to not become a reoccurring pattern for the character in outside media down the line. It's one of the main concerns I have for the movie rumors of Hal being older or turned into a bad guy, because once we see that in a live-action movie, you know that's how they would start portraying the character in every other media adaptation going forward. Or maybe it's just paranoia creeping up on me, but it's very difficult to be optimistic about this character these days.
    Well Johns has luckily given Hal an out: It was never him it was Parallax, and given how popular Johns run was I doubt Hal could ever be devolved back into a straight up villain. Zack Snyder’s departure means I don’t think we need to worry about evil superheroes massacring people anymore.

Also I’m not sure that Hal is actually possessed, he’s probably just old. Even Bruce Wayne is starting to show his age.

Well if he's really not infected, then I don't understand how he went from this to this in the span of a few years. Besides according to the YJ wiki, Barry is one year older than Hal, yet he still looks the same while Hal looks decades older.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

If Young Justice is indeed setting up Emerald Twilight for future seasons, I'm sure it will be a very different story. Given how little play the GL characters have received on this show, I don't even know how it would play out. Aside from the brief moments with Guy being Guy a few episodes ago, I think the Hal and John have gotten maybe one or two lines in total.

It's possible that the GL characters were so underutilized in the early seasons because it was running concurrently with GLTAS, so those characters were somewhat off-limits. Hopefully, if they do end up doing a riff on Emerald Twilight, they need to start laying the groundwork for it, because, thus far, the GL characters have been non-entities. The fall of Hal Jordan only works if viewers genuinely care about the character first and that simply hasn't been done on Young Justice.

Now, if they were to wrangle either Nathan Fillion or Josh Keaton for Hal, who most geek audiences are already familiar with, that would certainly help a lot, but they'd still need to do some work establishing who Hal Jordan is first if they want his heel turn to have any emotional resonance. This would also be a good opportunity to introduce Kyle (and possibly Simon & Jessica) into the show, who would fit in well with the core cast of younger heroes.

Emerald Twilight has the potential to be a good story, particularly if it incorporates the Yellow Impurity angle to Parallax that Johns introduced. If Young Justice manages to pull it off, it could be a great way to give the GL mythos more of the spotlight. I was hoping that the Reign of the Supermen movie would do something with this, but it fumbled the ball there.

If they introduce that story at all, maybe it'll just be the thing that keeps the JLA busy or away next season or something. And as opposed to the other big JLA heroes, none of the outsiders have any connection to GL (he never had a sidekick) so it won't be something that they'd have to deal with even as a personal issue.