Page 18 of 222 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I do too, what's funny though is Batman is down to the 80K too, which at least to me is somewhat concerning. A few years back it would've been unthinkable for Batman to dip below the 100K. Explains all the gimmicks and renumbering and dozens of variant covers, don't even get me started on Marvel.
    Yeah, I read somewhere in the forum that Batman below the 100k mark is NOT good.

Coincidentally, I am currently buying WAY more Marvel and DC comics from the 90s than anything post-Rebirth.

Incredible Member

Well all I can do is to keep ordering this series...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

There's also digital sales, which make up a much larger percentage of the readership these days, particularly globally where American comic aren't as easy to find.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's hardly unexpected and actually seems to be a smaller dip than other high-profile titles in recent memory. Scott Snyder's Justice League dipped from 200K to 86K in its second issue, now it's at 61K. Fantastic Four went from 368K to 85K, Black Panther from 122K to 34K. I wish TGL had a smaller dip too, but when you look at the bigger picture I don't think it's that bad.
    I think it is the nature of the business with the other books. BP is my favorite character, but I refuse to buy the comic until the book gets a new writer. The BP writer is very divisive.

Extraordinary Member

The more I think of it.....Hal Jordan, Green Wolf of Wakanda, easily rolls off the tongue.

Variant cover to #5 by Lucio Parillo.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I am... speechless, to be honest.

1-The Green Lantern #1: 113,651
    2-The Green Lantern #2: 64,127

That is a MASSIVE dip in sales.
    I think what we should be more focused on is the number when sales stabilize, since there's usually a big gap between first and second issues.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think what we should be more focused on is the number when sales stabilize, since there's usually a big gap between first and second issues.
    I think my main concern is that sales might stabilize around 45k, which is not terrible but not very encouraging.

I think the book's great, but yeah - Morrison might need to bring in someone a little more interesting (no offense) than Adam Strange to get people interested. There was a real feeling when this book came out that "something" was happening, and now people are either into it or not, but that anticipation has died down. I hope that Morrison and Sharp don't get too lost in the woods geeking out on stuff they find cool and introduce things that will get readers wanting to check it out again. (because Controller Mu and Blackstars aren't going to pique a ton of interest)

Extraordinary Member

The main problem with Hal, imo, is that he is too secluded from events affecting the DCU. It would help if he appeared in more crossovers, although I am glad he is no where near HiC.

It would also help if DC had more ongoing cosmic books outside Green Lantern. A cosmic line of 3-4 books that includes GL would be nice.

Extraordinary Member

I also want to reiterate that it was a very bad decision not including the Guardians in this Doctor Manhattan Saga.

It makes no sense for the Guardians, and the GLC not investigating Doctor Manhattan.

Intentionally, or unintentionally, Geoff has been nerfing the Guardians for years, imo.

Hal should have been working with Barry & Bruce during the Button story, and Hal should be a key player in Doomsday Clock.

The Green Lantern perspective, a cosmic powered champion assigned to protect Earth, is totally missing in the Superman Theory.

Hal should be working with Superman to diffuse the global tensions in Doomsday Clock.

Hal should have been assisting Bruce & Barry in the Sanctuary Massacre, given his ties to Roy & Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I see your schwartz is as big as mine.
    Save Ferris...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The main problem with Hal, imo, is that he is too secluded from events affecting the DCU. It would help if he appeared in more crossovers, although I am glad he is no where near HiC.

It would also help if DC had more ongoing cosmic books outside Green Lantern. A cosmic line of 3-4 books that includes GL would be nice.
    I'd really rather the solutions not be more crossovers.

I mean, they had him in the tie-in for Metal and that was probably the biggest DC event of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think the book's great, but yeah - Morrison might need to bring in someone a little more interesting (no offense) than Adam Strange to get people interested. There was a real feeling when this book came out that "something" was happening, and now people are either into it or not, but that anticipation has died down. I hope that Morrison and Sharp don't get too lost in the woods geeking out on stuff they find cool and introduce things that will get readers wanting to check it out again. (because Controller Mu and Blackstars aren't going to pique a ton of interest)
    What's interesting is the book does feel different than what we currently see in the DCU, so I don't really mind them geeking out for a while as long as the writing is good and the art keeps being as consistent as it has been.

Speaking of that, Sharp confirmed they're going for more than a year: https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...15040954150912

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post

Personally I would like to see Hal more. Especially in a team/League book.

A lot of plots happen in other books that Hal should be part of. Wally and Roy are family for example. The earth is Hal's concern, not just Coast City. BTW, Coast City could really benefit from more attention in future stories.