Page 180 of 222 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That's certainly the most appropriate question after reading a Grant Morrison comic.
    Really, it's usually the only question you can ask after reading a Grant Morrison comic...

Astonishing Member

I don't quite understand that epilogue.

I mean I get that the Weaponeers are the Qwa-variant of Lanterns and we've got a "revival" of the Anti-Matter Lantern Corps going on. That was guaranteed to happen within this run because of the immediate and overt inclusion of the Anti-Matter Man from Fox/Sekowsky Justice League (Qwa-Master Border Patrol), the Qwa-Man himself, and finally meeting Anti-Sinestro, who is hilarious I've got to say and also I can't believe I didn't realize that was the case but that at least makes sense out of what Prime-Sinestro is up to these days with the Legion of Doom. Nice to meet another Multiversal Sinestro, I must say, dear boy.

My question is the nature of the distinction between the monstrous Qwa-Man that's running around murdering people in some trap that the Anti-Matter Man is involved with versus the anti-matter Weaponeer ALSO Hal Jordan that comes back online at the end of the issue. What's the timeline there? Are they supposed to be the same guy?

I also like that the full extent of Mu's conspiracy and levels of control aren't explicitly revealed yet (although I'm dying to know just how deep the connection goes to the Multiversal Lanterns and in particular the Mystery of Earth-15, because SERIOUSLY). But I did already figure out back in the Rann arc that there's no way Mu had just one body. There was a transition where it was pretty obvious he was either in two places at once or that the "scientist Mu" wasn't the same Mu from the scene previous.

What else? Nice to see some more Lanterns and Superwatch diving in. I'm not sure if it's going to be a total massacre or not. Nice to see all that reference back to Annihilation (This serves as a pseudo-sequel to JLA: Earth 2, after all.) The No Zone as a concept makes me laugh every time.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I don't quite understand that epilogue.

I mean I get that the Weaponeers are the Qwa-variant of Lanterns and we've got a "revival" of the Anti-Matter Lantern Corps going on. That was guaranteed to happen within this run because of the immediate and overt inclusion of the Anti-Matter Man from Fox/Sekowsky Justice League (Qwa-Master Border Patrol), the Qwa-Man himself, and finally meeting Anti-Sinestro, who is hilarious I've got to say and also I can't believe I didn't realize that was the case but that at least makes sense out of what Prime-Sinestro is up to these days with the Legion of Doom. Nice to meet another Multiversal Sinestro, I must say, dear boy.

My question is the nature of the distinction between the monstrous Qwa-Man that's running around murdering people in some trap that the Anti-Matter Man is involved with versus the anti-matter Weaponeer ALSO Hal Jordan that comes back online at the end of the issue. What's the timeline there? Are they supposed to be the same guy?

I also like that the full extent of Mu's conspiracy and levels of control aren't explicitly revealed yet (although I'm dying to know just how deep the connection goes to the Multiversal Lanterns and in particular the Mystery of Earth-15, because SERIOUSLY). But I did already figure out back in the Rann arc that there's no way Mu had just one body. There was a transition where it was pretty obvious he was either in two places at once or that the "scientist Mu" wasn't the same Mu from the scene previous.

What else? Nice to see some more Lanterns and Superwatch diving in. I'm not sure if it's going to be a total massacre or not. Nice to see all that reference back to Annihilation (This serves as a pseudo-sequel to JLA: Earth 2, after all.) The No Zone as a concept makes me laugh every time.
    I believe so, given that it says "Repairs Complete!"

Hal makes a cameo in the new TTG vs TT movie, where he's apparently in hell now.

Y'all know how I feel about WB treating the character like this, so I won't get into that whole thing again, but I think it's starting to get alarming.

Hal makes a cameo in the new TTG vs TT movie, where he's apparently in hell now.

Y'all know how I feel about WB treating the character like this, so I won't get into that whole thing again, but I think it's starting to get alarming.
    Oh hi Mxy .

somehow someone at warner brothers thought this was the best way to portray hal...

wait. if that's hal, this is definitely going to be awesome...

It's him indeed. And it's the original seven members to boot. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    somehow someone at warner brothers thought this was the best way to portray hal...
    I mean it's deliberate. WB hopped on the Ryan Reynolds "Green Lantern is a joke" train and now they won't stop until they get sick of it. Hal is the only one treated that way in outside media, they don't do that to any other Lantern. I don't understand what separates the 2011 movie from any other bad superhero film but that's the reality. I didn't post that image with the intention of ranting about this garbage all over again but when I was watching the movie, this caught me off guard. Guess I need to get used to it.

It's him indeed. And it's the original seven members to boot. Nice.
    Yeah, I just noticed Martian Manhunter in there .

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wait. if that's hal, this is definitely going to be awesome...

Too bad we don't have an angle on Hal here, but it's a bit of a missed opportunity on the sculptor's part that Hal's not even making a construct - just some tiny beam that disappears into Darkseid's belt.

I mean it's deliberate. WB hopped on the Ryan Reynolds "Green Lantern is a joke" train and now they won't stop until they get sick of it. Hal is the only one treated that way in outside media, they don't do that to any other Lantern. I don't understand what separates the 2011 movie from any other bad superhero film but that's the reality. I didn't post that image with the intention of ranting about this garbage all over again but when I was watching the movie, this caught me off guard. Guess I need to get used to it.
    Speaking of the 2011 movie, Ryan Reynolds and Waititi did a video for a new movie they're working on together and they both act like they've never been in something together before and then the two younger stars remind them they were in Green Lantern. They act like they have no idea what they're talking about but they keep pressing the issue until Reynolds and Waititi vanish .

I get the movie didn't do too well, but jeez. I didn't know Reynolds hated it that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Speaking of the 2011 movie, Ryan Reynolds and Waititi did a video for a new movie they're working on together and they both act like they've never been in something together before and then the two younger stars remind them they were in Green Lantern. They act like they have no idea what they're talking about but they keep pressing the issue until Reynolds and Waititi vanish .

I get the movie didn't do too well, but jeez. I didn't know Reynolds hated it that much.
    i'm probably one of the few who enjoyed the movie. actually, i liked most of the dc films i've seen. feels a bit (just a bit) weird to not share the same feelings as most of the movie going public.

anyways, i initially was skeptical with ryan reynolds then... too bad for the outcome.

in my perfect alternate world, the movie would be in it's 5th sequel now and spawned a green lantern corps spin off movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Methinks he doth protest too much at this point. It's like a girlfriend breaks your heart and you keep telling people how terrible she was, because you're just not over her.