Page 82 of 222 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 3319
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

And, to top off his @$$hole parfait, Bob Kane was a notorious braggart, misogynist and homophobe.

He was the total package, really.

Bill Finger, on the other hand, really created Batman, along with co-creating Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Green Lantern and many, many more.

Bob Kane did nothing after "creating" Batman...ever.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I met Kane once in 1996, about two years before his death. He seemed to be...OK by that point of his life. I remember he discussed Bill Finger quite a bit during that particular gathering, and in highly appreciative terms. Guess it was "too little, too late," but it seemed as if in his final years, he was making at least some effort towards reconciliation with Finger's legacy.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I met Kane once in 1996, about two years before his death. He seemed to be...OK by that point of his life. I remember he discussed Bill Finger quite a bit during that particular gathering, and in highly appreciative terms. Guess it was "too little, too late," but it seemed as if in his final years, he was making at least some effort towards reconciliation with Finger's legacy.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I think Bob Kane mellowed substantially after Steranko threatened to punch him out on the spot sometime after the first Batman movie came out and Bob Kane's already inflated ego grew ten sizes again.

However, none of this has anything to do with Hal Jordan (Bill Finger co-created Alan Scott, not Hal) and I don't want anyone confusing Bob Kane with Gil Kane so I don't want to belabor this any further.

In the end, Finger finally has his credit on Batman, despite years of Bob Kane and his heirs stealing credit.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 04-24-2019 at 01:07 AM.

in light of the recent topic and traffic being discussed right now in other threads, just want to say i'm grateful for geoff for bringing back hal in rebirth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I always have a red ring on when it comes to Bob Kane.

*spits on Bob Kane's grave*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    in light of the recent topic and traffic being discussed right now in other threads, just want to say i'm grateful for geoff for bringing back hal in rebirth.
    For one story only....I'm wishing Hal could be the Spectre again so can save his two red-headed nephews.

Hal totally knows what Wally's going through .

What happened in other threads?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    What happened in other threads?
    The latest issue of HiC. A lot is comparing it to Hal's Emerald Twilight. One guy called it Crimson Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The latest issue of HiC. A lot is comparing it to Hal's Emerald Twilight. One guy called it Crimson Twilight.
    What? Why? Did someone go evil out of nowhere? I really haven't been following Rebirth lately so honestly I don't have a clue what's going on. Did some entities possess Wally?
    Last edited by Margaret; 04-24-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

What? Why? Did someone go evil out of nowhere? I really haven't been following Rebirth lately so honestly I don't have a clue what's going on. Did some entities possess Wally?
    Yeah, something like that.

I don't think HiC is part of Rebirth at all. DC Rebirth had me hopeful for DC. Same feeling I had with GL Rebirth.

Let's just say it's not been a good day for Wally West...

Guys, can we please not let another thread get hijacked with this? At this point 90% of the board is complaining non-stop about Wally West.

BTW, Sharp dropped some more images on Twitter today for the next issue that takes place inside the ring.

He says it is his favorite issue of the bunch, which is saying a lot.

If Wally fell off the wagon, him and uncle Hal should have a nice conversation. Who else can relate better than him.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I read GL: Rebirth again yesterday afternoon, and it remains as fabulous and amazing a story as ever.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!