Page 17 of 222 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Hey Hal fans,haven't read Hal since the end of HJATGLC how's the new Hal ongoing so far?
    As someone who didn't start regularly reading GL until the Johns run, it took some getting used to for me, but I've been really intrigued by it. It's interesting because the Hal in this run either seems different from the one that I'm most familiar with, or more reminiscent of the one that I'm not as familiar with. What I know for sure is it takes me longer to read the issues and I always want to read them again afterwards, while with the Venditti run, the issues often felt like a really quick read with not much dialogue that I enjoyed but didn't really feel the need to go back to every time. Sharp's art is top notch as well. Gets a recommendation from me for sure.

Astonishing Member

Hey Hal fans,haven't read Hal since the end of HJATGLC how's the new Hal ongoing so far?
    It's been great.

I recommend checking it out. The ending of issue 3 got me so intrigued I could'nt wait for issue 4.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Very, very good. Would recommend.

Mighty Member

That issue 6 cover is really exciting! I saw Sharp mention on Twitter that he went back to Adam's old design because they wanted the Atomic Age aesthetics.

It's an awesome cover that deserves to be reposted without the solicitation info.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    It's an awesome cover that deserves to be reposted without the solicitation info.

Great job by Liam.

Finally Adam looks like himself again. This looks so cool.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I'm damn sure excited. Who cares if I have to wait a whole month between issues after having been spoiled by HJ&TGLC? Quality over quantity I say!
    Now if can both get quality and quantity, I'd sure be a happy camper.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Oh, that is beyond brilliant! Who drew that picture?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

I am... speechless, to be honest.

1-The Green Lantern #1: 113,651
    2-The Green Lantern #2: 64,127

That is a MASSIVE dip in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I am... speechless, to be honest.

1-The Green Lantern #1: 113,651
    2-The Green Lantern #2: 64,127

That is a MASSIVE dip in sales.
    It's hardly unexpected and actually seems to be a smaller dip than other high-profile titles in recent memory. Scott Snyder's Justice League dipped from 200K to 86K in its second issue, now it's at 61K. Fantastic Four went from 368K to 85K, Black Panther from 122K to 34K. I wish TGL had a smaller dip too, but when you look at the bigger picture I don't think it's that bad.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-22-2019 at 04:53 AM.

Incredible Member

It's hardly unexpected and actually seems to be a smaller dip than other high-profile titles in recent memory. Scott Snyder's Justice League dipped from 200K to 86K in its second issue, now it's at 61K. Fantastic Four went from 368K to 85K, Black Panther from 122K to 34K. I wish TGL had a smaller dip too, but when you look at the bigger picture I don't think it's that bad.
    Oh, that's good to know. I am a Kyle fan first, but recognize that only with a strong main title can we have spin-off titles. I just wish GL would be selling closer to the 80k.

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Oh, that's good to know. I am a Kyle fan first, but recognize that only with a strong main title can we have spin-off titles. I just wish GL would be selling closer to the 80k.
    I do too, what's funny though is Batman is down to the 80K too, which at least to me is somewhat concerning. A few years back it would've been unthinkable for Batman to dip below the 100K. Explains all the gimmicks and renumbering and dozens of variant covers, don't even get me started on Marvel.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-22-2019 at 05:03 AM.