Page 16 of 222 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yeah, it was rather odd that Boodikka was in a more prominent place at the service than J'onn, a founding member of the League.
    That's actually Brik, who had a longtime crush on Hal in the early days of the 1990 series. Though at that point I don't think she'd been seen in the book for awhile, even before "Emerald Twilight", so it's still a little odd they'd put her front and center.

Meanwhile, other than his longtime friendships with Oliver and Barry along with the retconned (in my opinion) hissy fit Bruce has with him (but then, that paranoid bastard has hissy fits with everyone), I'm not entirely sure what sort of relationships Hal has with Clark, Diana or Arthur.
    At the time (and off the top of my head):

Hal and Arthur - were not only founding members of the JLA, but had more recently been team mates on JLE (post-Giffen & DeMatteis).

Hal and Clark - faced Mongul & Cyborg Superman together during the Coast City debacle, but prior to that I can't think of any notable interactions beside the occasional crossover (Millenium, Invasion!, Eclipso...)

Hal and Diana - Good question! Again, a few issues of JLE is the only post-Crisis / pre-Final Night interaction I can think of...?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Such a beautiful sight man. #SDCC2017

Ah yes. Back when people were confident about Justice League .

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Such a beautiful sight man. #SDCC2017

Indeed it is!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

One month is too long to wait in between issues. I need my Hal fix already. :\

Same here. HJ&TGLC's bi-weekly schedule really spoiled us I think.

Spectacular Member

Haha, I was just thinking the same thing. I miss the biweekly fix, but I'll be honest, I'm glad we have a new writer. Robert was good, but I really never felt he stuck the landing, great idea, nice build, but no closure. Art has usually been good to great, but with Liam oh wow, this is a new level. Guess it gives me more time to reread issues and try to grasp more of what Grant is showing us.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops1983 View Post
    Haha, I was just thinking the same thing. I miss the biweekly fix, but I'll be honest, I'm glad we have a new writer. Robert was good, but I really never felt he stuck the landing, great idea, nice build, but no closure. Art has usually been good to great, but with Liam oh wow, this is a new level. Guess it gives me more time to reread issues and try to grasp more of what Grant is showing us.
    The writing is the main difference for me, you could read some of the issues in Venditt's run in five minutes, while Morrison's GL issues almost always require another read. Or at least for me since I'm largely unfamiliar with a portion of the Silver Age concepts or easter eggs that he plants all over the issues.

Sounds like good things to come : https://twitter.com/LiamRSharp/statu...90921637277696

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    One month is too long to wait in between issues. I need my Hal fix already. :\
    I know. If only Hal appeared in other DC titles, I would probably follow that title.

I'd really like to see Hal with the League again on a regular basis.

Incredible Member

For now I don't think the schedule really bothers me because this series has been so damn good so far, and I would love to wait for one month for it.
    Only I just feel a bit salty that he's not Batman. They would definitely keep the bi-weekly on-going series and make another monthly limited series at the same time for Batman (as they have done many times).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I know. If only Hal appeared in other DC titles, I would probably follow that title.

I'd really like to see Hal with the League again on a regular basis.
    I agree with this. If we could have him as a regular role in a team book or something, one month will be less painful to wait. (;′⌒`)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I'm damn sure excited. Who cares if I have to wait a whole month between issues after having been spoiled by HJ&TGLC? Quality over quantity I say!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Morrison writing Adam Strange should be interesting.

BANNED

Hey Hal fans,haven't read Hal since the end of HJATGLC how's the new Hal ongoing so far?