Page 144 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3319
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. With Aquaman it was a thing for decades, with GL it's Reynolds' dumb shenanigans and the Lego Movie. Granted DC isn't doing GL any favors when they allow filmmakers or cartoon showrunners to portray the character that way, but I really don't think it's Aquaman-level bad. There have been tons of bad comic book movies over the years and noone sees, let's say, the Fantastic Four as a laughing stock because of that.
    I don't think Green Lantern will retain the title of DC's most mocked character quite as long as Aquaman did, but he's certainly the easiest punching bag for people to go to right now. However, every character is one good or bad movie or TV show away from being either the coolest or lamest superhero in the world.

The Adam West Batman show went from being the hippest show on the air, to an embarrassment, to a cherished pop cultural icon over the course of its existence. Sooner or later, Ryan Reynolds is going to get tired of poking fun of himself (even though he was, by far, one of the least terrible things about that GL movie), and pop culture will move on to some other superhero to laugh at (while simultaneously flocking to see other superhero movies featuring characters that have been just as lame).

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Seems like Sharp has really decided to stick with his new haircut for Hal. While I love the classic Superman-esque haircut, I'm glad he's sporting a new look again. Hal's costume is so iconic and perfect, I don't mind artists experimenting with different hairstyles for him.

Incredible Member

Wow, is that antimatter Green Lantern? I thought he would be more human-like....
    So...no GREEN LANTERN #13 next month, what's Morrison's trick this time

Interesting that the next "season" of Morrison's run won't be called Green Lantern. Whatever happens in the "season finale", from a marketing perspective it seems weird that DC would have the main and currently only GL book not have "GL" in the title anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think Green Lantern will retain the title of DC's most mocked character quite as long as Aquaman did, but he's certainly the easiest punching bag for people to go to right now. However, every character is one good or bad movie or TV show away from being either the coolest or lamest superhero in the world.

The Adam West Batman show went from being the hippest show on the air, to an embarrassment, to a cherished pop cultural icon over the course of its existence. Sooner or later, Ryan Reynolds is going to get tired of poking fun of himself (even though he was, by far, one of the least terrible things about that GL movie), and pop culture will move on to some other superhero to laugh at (while simultaneously flocking to see other superhero movies featuring characters that have been just as lame).
    It's nice to have you back Bored.

Interesting that the next "season" of Morrison's run won't be called Green Lantern. Whatever happens in the "season finale", from a marketing perspective it seems weird that DC would have the main and currently only GL book not have "GL" in the title anymore.
    I have a feeling that's a reference to the "in-between seasons" book while Sharp takes a break so that the Morrison/Sharp book can seem like an unbroken run. (and also be collected together without a fill-in)

It's nice to have you back Bored.

Thank yew. I won't be around quite as much as I was before, but I should have time to chime in every once and awhile.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Seems like Sharp has really decided to stick with his new haircut for Hal. While I love the classic Superman-esque haircut, I'm glad he's sporting a new look again. Hal's costume is so iconic and perfect, I don't mind artists experimenting with different hairstyles for him.
    Kinda looks like Hal just got out of the shower and didn't use the ring to blow dry his hair before going on duty. Heh!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Makes him look even younger too. Looking at next issue's cover, this almost looks like a rookie Hal who just got his ring.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Makes him look even younger too. Looking at next issue's cover, this almost looks like a rookie Hal who just got his ring.

A Bat-Lantern. A chick who reminds me of OMAC with the fin on her head. And what's with the dude and his James Dean pompadour?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-23-2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Nevermind Hal's hair there - I am distracted by his lips... is he doing "Blue Steel?"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A Bat-Lantern. A chick who reminds me of OMAC with the fin on her head. And what's with the dude and his James Dean pompadour?
    I think that's Flashlight, we saw him a bit in Multiversity and at the end of TGL 9.

Last edited by Johnny; 07-24-2019 at 06:30 AM.

I'd totally visit a Hal Jordon museum .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd totally visit a Hal Jordon museum .
    Seems like Snart has done something right after all.