Page 190 of 222 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192193194200 ... LastLast
Results 2,836 to 2,850 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Tom King confirmed on Twitter that he's gonna try to include Hal in Strange Adventures, so I think it is pretty likely he'll show up at some point.
    i really, really hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Y'know, I wouldn't mind them bringing back Hal and his random jobs for a time. It could be hilarious .

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Alan sure comes off as a massive prick here. Loved it when Hal taught him a "lesson".

Extraordinary Member

I like that First Flight didn't try to beat around the bush with Sinestro and made it perfectly clear he was a dick from the start, disturbing scenes and all. It was the Training Day thing all over again, with Sinestro being Denzel Washington and Hal being Ethan Hawke.
    I have been ranting for years that the fist live action GL film should have been a superhero version of Training Day.

Sinestro should be a cunning, ruthless bastard all day, every day. Sinestro is not maniacal (although I love those traits in Joker & Normal Osborn), just highly driven, intelligent, & disturbingly amoral.

I like that while Hal has flaws, he has rules to adhere to while finding solutions (often on the fly). Sinestro will bypass any and all rules to achieve his objectives. I liked that First Flight highlighted that interesting dichotomy between them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Alan sure comes off as a massive prick here. Loved it when Hal taught him a "lesson".
    I think Alan is just a grown-ass man who only wants Hal to achieve his full potential. I think the generation gap may prevent Alan from fully grasping just how complicated Hal's life is. Waid wrote the hell out of that story. It really is amazing that being GL did not drive Hal to Arkham. Punk-ass Sinestro needed a yellow fear bug to do that. IIRC, Geoff kinda went back to that when Hal was resurrected. Alan was worried about Hal during a team-up. Alan is methodical while Hal is flexible.

I prefer Alan's patronizing over Batman's any day.

It is a shame DC thought to do away with the generational relationships between the heroes.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 10-18-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, I wouldn't mind them bringing back Hal and his random jobs for a time. It could be hilarious .
    I think in the first issue of TGL Hal mentioned he got fired from his job as a gas station attendant, so they kinda came back

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Nuthin' but love....

I have posted this before, but it is very telling how often Hal will use god-like power to protect his loved ones.

None of that ruling the universe, breaking bad guys Bane-style, forcing others to conform to his will, etc.

Hal just wants his peeps to be safe & happy. I'm not sure if Hal even remembers all the bro-saving he did as the Spectre which again says alot about the man's heart. I knew about Wally & Ollie, but not this scene with Alan. Hal healed John while infected with a fear bug before sacrificing himself to reignite the sun. Looking after his crew is a natural instinct for Hal.

Now that I think of it, perhaps this might be what draws the Star Sapphire towards Hal.

hey, look. it's hal

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

hey, look. it's hal
    The look on his face - "Heh, reminds me of when I had a secret identity" .

Naturally Bruce is the only one who seems to realize this isn't a good idea. Though Ollie doesn't seem to like it much too.

What the hell is up with Hal's hair on that cover? So much forehead...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    What the hell is up with Hal's hair on that cover? So much forehead...
    He looks older than he did in the 90s.