Page 53 of 222 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Lol...you used the internal Mr. T autotune!

I actually would welcome a modern take on the Hard Travelin' Heroes.

Sadly, the themes Denny & Neal touched on back in the day are still current today.

Racism, pollution, over-population, poverty, & drug abuse still plague America.

Ollie will never run out of social ills to rant about. It is just a matter of how much time & patience Hal has for it at a given moment.
    True, but instead of running across a folk singer (who looked like... Arlo Guthrie?) protesting coal mining, they run across a young rap artist (who looks like... Eminem?) protesting factories being shut down.... or something. And Ollie will battle the "fatcat" music tycoon (who looks like ... Lars Ulrich?) to free Napster from oppression.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 03-14-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    True, but instead of running across a folk singer (who looked like... Arlo Guthrie?) protesting coal mining, they run across a young rap artist (who looks like... Eminem?) protesting factories being shut down.... or something. And Ollie will battle the "fatcat" music tycoon (who looks like ... Lars Ulrich?) to free Napster from oppression.
    I don't know who who could write this saga you cooked up, but I would hire you as the editor. Perhaps Priest?

As far a music tycoon....I can't shake the image of a brutal fist fight between Hal "Hands" Jordan (sans power ring) and the DC equivalent of Suge Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    As far a music tycoon....I can't shake the image of a brutal fist fight between Hal "Hands" Jordan (sans power ring) and the DC equivalent of Suge Knight.
    images.jpg
    This, but with Ollie bemoaning the loss of Tupac and Biggie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hal will be in next weeks DC Super Hero Girls Super Short:

Ugh, not a big fan of jock Hal.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-14-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Depending on how far-reaching Snyder's next DCU event is, he just might show up at least .
    And hopefully not just show up, but do something important. ☺

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I know this moment gets a lot of ridicule and Hal's portrayal in most of Denny O'Neil's stories is pretty lame, but I thought Hal's crisis of conscience here worked for me because I think Hal's the kind of guy who would really be gutted by not having done anything about the clear racial injustices happening in America. Yes, he'd saved the Earth dozens of times over by that time, but he'd turned a blind eye to stuff he wouldn't have though twice about getting involved with on the various alien worlds he protects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

I know this moment gets a lot of ridicule and Hal's portrayal in most of Denny O'Neil's stories is pretty lame, but I thought Hal's crisis of conscience here worked for me because I think Hal's the kind of guy who would really be gutted by not having done anything about the clear racial injustices happening in America. Yes, he'd saved the Earth dozens of times over by that time, but he'd turned a blind eye to stuff he wouldn't have though twice about getting involved with on the various alien worlds he protects.
    I've always wanted to see that guy come back, just for fun .

Hal will be in next weeks DC Super Hero Girls Super Short:

looks like hal wil have a few lines in... much more so than the previous superhero girls show.

Mighty Member

My third fave DC character since i was 4 for 34 years after seeing him on Superfriends reruns and in DC comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    images.jpg
    This, but with Ollie bemoaning the loss of Tupac and Biggie.
    Poor Ollie.....

(On a side note, I pretty much gave up on rap after the passing of those two.)

Okay....one more......

I'd love for Ollie to cape for a Jussie like character, and goes off on Hal for not believing he was a victim of a hate crime.

However, it would be funny as hell once Ollie realizes the truth, and Hal needs to stop his pal from beating the hell out of the actor!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

Part of me thinks Hal could run the danger of going the Sinestro route. I think it would have been great seeing Hal protect marchers, halt would-be assassination attempts, protect voters, be visible during school integration, etc. I think Hal should stop the violence and intimidation associated with racism. I'm not sure Hals should be trying to stop the institutionalization of racism. That is a job for humanity. If Hal went any further, he'd be Sinestro, imo.

Given his power, Hal is in the same boat as Superman: protect humanity...lead by example....but allow humans to peacefully figure things out for themselves.

I've always wanted to see that guy come back, just for fun .
    I like to think one of his offspring or grandkids became successful, and he's living comfortably.

As soon as I found success, I got my mom off public assistance.

rather unlikely, but hey, cool..

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    rather unlikely, but hey, cool..

This is from Bendis' story, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Sometimes all youu need is a good right hook .

THE GREEN LANTERN #8
    written by GRANT MORRISON
    art and cover by LIAM SHARP
    variant cover by TONI INFANTE
    Green Lantern teams up with Green Arrow to stop a cosmic drug cartel that’s using Earth as its main distribution base! It’s a brilliant homage to the team-ups of old, as Morrison and Sharp do the 2019 version in a story we can only call “Space Junkies!”