Page 8 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

BANNED

I can't wait for the Blackest Night Omnibus, i will be finally able to read it in its whole glory.

Hal in Reign of the Supermen.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal in Reign of the Supermen.

I really hope they revamp GL's costume in these movies. I don't care for the tron lines.

Spectacular Member AimToTheStar's Avatar

So green lantern from MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE #1 is Kilowog?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CianTorme...83676426305536
    ''There were other women, of course. But none of them mattered. Not like her. She was the one.'' -Hal Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by AimToTheStar View Post
    So green lantern from MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE #1 is Kilowog?

https://mobile.twitter.com/CianTorme...83676426305536
    Maybe, or he shows up in that story (you can see Guy in the topmost panel).

Incredible Member

So it’s not that DC not willing to do a Green Lantern animation, it’s just they don’t want to do it with Hal Jordan.
    F&$@ DC.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    So it’s not that DC not willing to do a Green Lantern animation, it’s just they don’t want to do it with Hal Jordan.
    F&$@ DC.
    Are you talking about Jessica being in Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (and other animated productions)?

None of the core seven appear to be in that movie except for the Trinity.

I imagine Hal will still pop up in other animated movies (assuming they don't Parallax him in Reign of the Supermen).

I don't mind Jessica showing up in JL vs TFF. Obviously she's a character DC wants to push and that's fine, I like her a lot anyway. Besides Hal has been in the latest two DC animated movies and he will show up in The Lego Movie 2 next month too, so it's not like they suddenly seem to be opposed to using him outside of comics anymore. I expect Hal to still be the GL we most frequently see in outside DC media, he just won't be the only one and that's cool.

Incredible Member

I don't mind Jessica showing up in JL vs TFF. Obviously she's a character DC wants to push and that's fine, I like her a lot anyway. Besides Hal has been in the latest two DC animated movies and he will show up in The Lego Movie 2 next month too, so it's not like they suddenly seem to be opposed to using him outside of comics anymore. I expect Hal to still be the GL we most frequently see in outside DC media, he just won't be the only one and that's cool.
    Are these two DC animated movies about him? Is he an important role in them? Does he do anything driving the plot? Can you remember anything impressive about him ?
    Just showing up is not the same with making a story specifically to push a character.
    I just can't believe I've been waiting for an animated movie based on Green Lantern comics for so long. And they'd rather make up a completely new story with LOSH in it. Yeah I get it. After all she doesn't have many stories to adapt for films.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Are these two DC animated movies about him? Is he an important role in them? Does he do anything driving the plot? Can you remember anything impressive about him ?
    Just showing up is not the same with making a story specifically to push a character.
    I just can't believe I've been waiting for an animated movie based on Green Lantern comics for so long. And they'd rather make up a completely new story with LOSH in it. Yeah I get it. After all she doesn't have many stories to adapt for films.
    No GL has really played an important role in any animated movie they've done in recent memory regardless of which Lantern they happened to use. The FF looking for Jessica does not mean she would be the main character in the movie anyway. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a Hal mention or flashback since he's supposed to be her mentor after all. GL fans have had only crumbs thrown our way for a long time now, whether the featured Lantern was Hal or someone else. This is really no different.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-08-2019 at 05:58 AM.

In terms of them promoting Hal, we're lucky he's still there in JLA merch at all. The Trinity will always be high-profile, Flash has had a tv show going for years now, and Aquaman is the star of their biggest movie. Hal is just above Cyborg and Manhunter at this point in terms of proven success. :/

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In terms of them promoting Hal, we're lucky he's still there in JLA merch at all. The Trinity will always be high-profile, Flash has had a tv show going for years now, and Aquaman is the star of their biggest movie. Hal is just above Cyborg and Manhunter at this point in terms of proven success. :/
    I think that's a little far-fetched, Hal has had best-selling books in the past, currently does as well and has been part of an acclaimed cartoon that was canceled for reasons completely unrelated to him or the show's quality. MM has never been promoted on the same level as the other founders and DC never made much of an effort with Cyborg. Hal is definitely seen as the most replaceable character as far as the JL is concerned but I don't think it's fair to say he's just above the aforementioned two characters as far as proven success goes.

I think that's a little far-fetched, Hal has had best-selling books in the past, currently does as well and has been part of an acclaimed cartoon that was canceled for reasons completely unrelated to him or the show's quality. MM has never been promoted on the same level as the other founders and DC never made much of an effort with Cyborg. Hal is definitely seen as the most replaceable character as far as the JL is concerned but I don't think it's fair to say he's just above the aforementioned two characters as far as proven success goes.
    It's splitting hairs a bit- Hal had a best-selling book way before the movie came out and he's been okay since, but I was more referring to promotion outside comics. And even if he's not "just above MM and Cyborg (both of whom will be regulars on tv shows when "Doom Patrol" comes out, btw), he seems "just below the other five" at least.

Hopefully, with the animated series released on DCU, others can see how great he is. I don't think he's going anywhere, but as you say he's easy to lift out of the JLA - thus, I am grateful anytime he is there, even if it's not a prominent role. (and hey, there's a statue of him in the Hall of Justice in that WB amusement park in Abu Dhabi)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-08-2019 at 06:35 AM.