Page 155 of 222 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    There was a lot wrong with that story. Most importantly that the writer forgot that Hal's ring... was on Kyle's finger. There were a few retcons thrown in there that seemed like the writer was trying to give answers without actually reading the books before it... but that was the biggest one that still sticks in my mind.

I did like Tom's friendship and bitterness , that was played well... and I LOVED the idea that yeah, all the heroes think about how they would take down the others and yeah... Green Lantern COULD take down the league without much trouble if he did it right...

but overall... that book always feels like an elseworld to me and doesn't really 'fit' in with the continuity.
    The one thing it did was bring back Oa and the CPB. "Ghost Kilowog" was an odd blip that was ignored, but that was for the best.

Incredible Member

So, how did ghost Kilowog revive? I thought it was Kyle who restored him when he also revived the guardians.

Yeah .... I think Kilowog was brought back by dark magic by former Lanterns who wanted to wipe out Hal's legacy or something, but he wasnt' really himself until Tom gave him some GL ring energy, but he was still kinda ghostly until Kyle reignited the CPB and brought him back to himself in physical form as well as the Guardians.... I think. I'm pretty sure...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Reminds me of the new Lantern in Bendis' LSH, or vice versa.

Both Hal and Carol were more likeable in the original DC SHG series.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Both Hal and Carol were more likeable in the original DC SHG series.
    Agreed. Also maybe a little less one-note.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

if anyone else has seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Pitt's character kind of gave me Hal vibes in his general demeanor. Especially when compared to the current Morrison run.

Granted, it being a Tarantino movie, it'd be Hal if he was MUCH more ruthless when pushed and shadier lol, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    if anyone else has seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Pitt's character kind of gave me Hal vibes in his general demeanor. Especially when compared to the current Morrison run.

Granted, it being a Tarantino movie, it'd be Hal if he was MUCH more ruthless when pushed and shadier lol, but still.
    Long ago, when it was first mentioned that the GLC film was going to be a "buddy cop" dynamic with Hal as the vet, I thought Brad Pitt might be good in that role, especially if Hal is more the maverick and the young guy is more straight-laced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wait until you get to Steve Englehearts run. It's amazing. One of the best GL runs ever together wih Johns run and Broome and Kanes. Only reason none of them.are number one is they are all very different and very awesome in their own ways.

In Englehearts run you'll get a powerless Hal still kicking ass. The secret of the Predator revelaled. Guy Gardner in his debut as the ******* we all know and love. Great Crisis crossover. And the death of a prominent GL.

Seriously it's fanatastic. And after issue 200 it becomes GLC which is very different but still a lot of fun.

Best is yet to come.
    I finally finished the run over the weekend. Everything you posted was correct.

I loved it!
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 08-12-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It doesn't help that Englehart's well-intentioned attempts to bring diversity to the DCU now comes off as painfully-stereotypical. I'll give Englehart credit for trying, but, oof, he really comes off as a sheltered white liberal who's never actually left his all-white neighbourhood. Don't know if that's true, but his writing of the Chosen was unintentionally hilarious.

That said, Englehart is, by far, one of the better writers of his generation of sheltered white liberal comic book writers.
    As a kid back then, I thought he could do no wrong.

As much as I loved his characterization of John Stewart, Steve is the one who wrote "Snap" Wilson (Sam Wilson's horrible alter ego) at Marvel.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    I sometimes think that really is a love triangle.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I finally finished the run over the weekend. Everything you posted was correct.

I loved it!
    Nice.

What were your favorite parts?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake