Page 67 of 222 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, a Parallax storyline would probably feel like a rehash of what they did to Aya, with the added consequence of writing out your main character. There's was just really no likelihood they would have handled it at all like the comics.
    I agree about the rehash and it'd be too much to redo "Emerald Twilight" etc. over a whole or half a season. If I had to do it, I'd make it a two-parter as a way to introduce Kyle - cold open in the alley of him getting the ring, we find out as he does what the heck happened to the GLC and confronting Parallax (it would not be how it was in the comics - too much story to sift through) - we find out Sinestro was behind corrupting Hal then Kyle, Green Arrow and maybe Alan Scott go save the day, restore the corps, free Hal, etc. End with Hal punching Sinestro in the face.

the hangover?

"Yes father, I shall become a lantern."

PS: Cringy, I know. I take full responsibility.

this probably belongs more in a guy appreciation thread(?)

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Probably, but I don't think he has one on here (at least an active one) and hey, it's still Hal doing the punching.

Guy should get Kyle to paint the scene and frame it, after all he did paint Batman punching Guy once and was going to give it to him as a present.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Guy mooning Batman is my favorite Guy moment, as is Batman's response.

Guy's utter joy at Batman getting punched is the day his rivalry with Hal finally ended.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yeah, that's Guy all over! HA!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

the hangover?
    LOL^!
    That's great.
    Although would have placed John as Ed Helms (Dr. Stu Price) role, to form the original Pack.
    And Kyle is obviously Doug (Justin Bartha) the missing groom to be role.
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-03-2019 at 07:05 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This latest issue of The Green Lantern is amazing. I absolutely love what Morrison is doing here.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Oh snap!!! That last page reveal has got me excited. As a fan of the classic John Broome, Gil Kane it's a nice surprise.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Guy mooning Batman is my favorite Guy moment, as is Batman's response.

Guy's utter joy at Batman getting punched is the day his rivalry with Hal finally ended.
    i think you're right. that punch might have been the turning point in hal and guy's relationship.

Astonishing Member

For the Hal fans, Is it harder for you guys to enjoy JLA when Hal isn't in it? It has been for me. Hal hasn't been a major part of the JLA consistently since the old Justice League Europe days. I was excited for the new 52 because Hal's status was elevated thanks to the Sinestro Corps War and John's influence but right after the first arc he left and only made sporadic appearances. No offense against John, he needs a home but I do long for Hal's presence in DC's tent pole title. He missed out on COIE, though I loved the GL issues associated with it Hal had no part in the battle with the Anti-Monitor, and has missed out on a lot ever since. It almost feels like Barry has been in as many big crossover events as Hal, and Barry was 'dead' for like 20+ years. The fact that Hal didn't get to be in Morrison's JLA I know he was either a villain or dead at the time, or other big events is just a bummer, probably why I have really enjoyed the Justice League books as much as I would have thought post Satellite era.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    For the Hal fans, Is it harder for you guys to enjoy JLA when Hal isn't in it?
    I only buy JLA when Hal's in it... (JLI being the exception - that was awesome and didn't feel like "JLA minus Hal" to me)

I usually get annoyed whenever I find out he isn't with the JL, but subsequently I realize that it's a blessing in disguise since they usually don't write Hal in the most flattering way when he's part of the team. Besides, him not being in the Justice League usually means he'd almost certainly have a solo book, which is more than good enough for me. I'd rather see Hal being away from the League's Earthly affairs, than being with them and written like a jackass.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-03-2019 at 11:44 AM.