Page 10 of 222 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Nope, but bringing in other characters isn't necessarily a bad thing and Hal showing up in these movies doesn't mean he will be well portrayed as mentioned above. For me a well-written Jessica Cruz is a preferable option over a badly-written Hal Jordan for the reasons I pointed out in my previous comment. Don't get me wrong, I do wish Hal would show up in animation more often than he does, but what I hope as a fan is whenever they do use him, they treat him well and he stands out for the right reasons. I think it's fair to say he doesn't need anymore Justice League War portrayals.
    I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just disappointed they'd rather stuff Jessica in a story full of unrelated characters to push her than thinking about making an animation movie based on GL comics.

I actually enjoyed Justice League War. I agree some plots about Hal are misleading but he is a lively, eye-catching character in it, and has interesting chemistry with Batman. I don't think the flaws are fatal.

Incredible Member

So Paul Newman is Hal's face model. And Rudolf Nureyev is his motion capture actor?

Nope, but bringing in other characters isn't necessarily a bad thing and Hal showing up in these movies doesn't mean he will be well portrayed as mentioned above. For me a well-written Jessica Cruz is a preferable option over a badly-written Hal Jordan for the reasons I pointed out in my previous comment. Don't get me wrong, I do wish Hal would show up in animation more often than he does, but what I hope as a fan is whenever they do use him, they treat him well and he stands out for the right reasons. I think it's fair to say he doesn't need anymore Justice League War portrayals.
    we can add this to the list...

or maybe not since this is lego and everybody acts silly here.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Are these two DC animated movies about him? Is he an important role in them? Does he do anything driving the plot? Can you remember anything impressive about him ?
    Just showing up is not the same with making a story specifically to push a character.
    I just can't believe I've been waiting for an animated movie based on Green Lantern comics for so long. And they'd rather make up a completely new story with LOSH in it. Yeah I get it. After all she doesn't have many stories to adapt for films.
    i know how that feels...

excited to see hal in reign of superman, hopefully everybody gets treated with.. uhmm... respect...

nice set from lego. glad they remembered hal.

Extraordinary Member

That was a great interview. Grant is right: Hal is not like the rest of us. Various attempts to make him "like us" has only hurt the character.

Hal is supposed to be hyper-competent, like Batman. The difference is that Hal does not go around wearing a PTSD patch, and non-haters are naturally drawn to his charisma.

DC should have made replaced Didio with Grant.

MORRISON: Possibly. I think he’d be interesting if you’re in a room talking to him. I think he’d be very charismatic but would I like him. For me the interesting thing in working on Wonder Woman and now on Green Lantern is getting into characters that are quite unlike me. Trying to find common ground with this guy — I mean he’s a test pilot, he’s very cool, he’s got no fear, he rushes into things because he’s so good at everything that he can usually handle anything. That’s not me. He’s The Right Stuff guy, as you said, and he’s got the ego and confidence. In the continuity of DC Comics, too, this guy is weird. He’s lived, he’s died, he’s been reborn, he’s had these cosmic adventures and he’s got the psychology that he’s actually been able to handle all of that. A lot of the thing in superhero comics these days is about their trauma and P.T.S.D. and the fragility of superheroes. But Hal Jordan is beyond any of that. It’s a big challenge. What would he be like to talk to? He’s not the same as the rest of us
    nice to see grant's take on who hal is. would have liked to see how he would have handled hal as a team player in the league.

Those two pages almost made me cry, so damn beautiful. Perfect mix of Silver Age insanity and playful satire. I was like "Yeah! Tell 'em Hal!"

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I dont know about this run.

Three issues in and I'm still reading, but after each issue I find I'm more and more just rolling my eyes at how 'Morrison' it all is.

It isnt really fun, it's just a headache for the sake of it, and while it looks pretty, I really dont think it's for me.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    nice to see grant's take on who hal is. would have liked to see how he would have handled hal as a team player in the league.
    Especially given how different Hal is from Kyle, who GM wrote during his JLA run. In that run he was writing the young rookie amongst the pillars of DC, here he's writing the guy who is one of those pillars and he knows it. I do wish to see Morrison write Justice League again regardless of which characters he uses.
    Last edited by Johnny; 01-09-2019 at 01:54 PM.

Especially given how different Hal is from Kyle, who GM wrote during his JLA run. In that run he was writing the young rookie amongst the pillars of DC, here he's writing the guy who is one of those pillars and he knows it. I do wish to see Morrison write Justice League again regardless of which characters he uses.
    Morrison can do no wrong with DC in my eyes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Morrison can do no wrong with DC in my eyes.
    I feel the same way.

Those two pages almost made me cry, so damn beautiful. Perfect mix of Silver Age insanity and playful satire. I was like "Yeah! Tell 'em Hal!"

Hal Jordan arresting a whole planet? Awesome.

(And somebody calling him a "fascist." Where's Ollie when you need him?)

Mighty Member

That whole page of Hal punching the Shepherd with a winged boxing glove, and then wrapping construct police tape around the entire earth to arrest it while they boo him is solid gold. This was an excellent issue all around.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    TGL #3 was really intense! Great stuff.
    did that last page really happen? there's gotta be more to it than just that...