Page 101 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3319
    Spectacular Member

I'm hoping Morrison stays on for at least a third year, there's so many GL related concepts that have been underutilized that he could bring back and expand on. Plus it's nice to see Morrison do monthly superhero comics again.

Sorry that I couldn't find a better quality pic. The current run reminds me a lot of this era. Now that I think about it, since Morrison brought Eve back, would be cool to see Dorine show up too.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-19-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I love that Mike W. Barr run.

Sorry that I couldn't find a better quality pic. The current run reminds me a lot of this era. Now that I think about it, since Morrison brought Eve back, would be cool to see Dorine show up too.
    She's giving the Star Sapphire look a run for it's money .

I'd expect a "DC Librarian" to be able to tell the difference between Carol and Eve. Like, wtf, they don't even look anything alike. :|

Also yeah, I'd love Dorine to show up too. She's probably my favourite of Hal's Silver/Bronze age love interests.

kinda cool to have a library like that...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    I'd expect a "DC Librarian" to be able to tell the difference between Carol and Eve. Like, wtf, they don't even look anything alike. :|

Also yeah, I'd love Dorine to show up too. She's probably my favourite of Hal's Silver/Bronze age love interests.
    Yeah, that was kind of embarrassing. I guess those videos are meant to be for the general audience and someone who doesn't read the comics wouldn't know the difference between Carol and Eve, so it's not that big of a deal but it makes you chuckle. lol

Morrison did mention in interviews about Hal having different love interests on other planets over the years, so I think Dorine showing up down the line is certainly a realistic possibility.

Yeah, that was kind of embarrassing. I guess those videos are meant to be for the general audience and someone who doesn't read the comics wouldn't know the difference between Carol and Eve, so it's not that big of a deal but it makes you chuckle. lol

Morrison did mention in interviews about Hal having different love interests on other planets over the years, so I think Dorine showing up down the line is certainly a realistic possibility.
    Yeah, it's just kinda funny because he says he's going to reveal all the hidden easter eggs and references and then thinks Eve is Carol, lol.

Dorine's first meeting with Hal is funny as it ends with Dorine pulling a Hal on Hal.

Astonishing Member

Interesting that DC introduced a lot of romantic interests for Hal and not just stick with Carol.

How many are there anyway?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Interesting that DC introduced a lot of romantic interests for Hal and not just stick with Carol.

How many are there anyway?
    On Earth, there's Eve Doremus, Olivia Reynolds (although it was later revealed she was a lesbian, so I guess Hal was pulling a Pussy Galore there), Rose Hardin, the other Star Stapphire from the Secret Society of Super-Villains (later revealed to have been a stewardess at Ferris Air) Kari Limbo, Power Girl, Cowgirl, and a seemingly endless series of one-night stands. In space, there's Katma Tui, Dorine, and (in one of Englehart's most icky decisions) Arisia, while, in the 58th Century, Iona Vane was his main squeeze.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    On Earth, there's Eve Doremus, Olivia Reynolds (although it was later revealed she was a lesbian, so I guess Hal was pulling a Pussy Galore there), Rose Hardin, the other Star Stapphire from the Secret Society of Super-Villains (later revealed to have been a stewardess at Ferris Air) Kari Limbo, Power Girl, Cowgirl, and a seemingly endless series of one-night stands. In space, there's Katma Tui, Dorine, and (in one of Englehart's most icky decisions) Arisia, while, in the 58th Century, Iona Vane was his main squeeze.
    Olivia was lesbian?

The other Star Saphire?

Katma Tui and Hal?

It's embarassing that I didn't know this stuff, being a GL fan and all.

And even Dorine who I thought was the name of Pol Mqnning's love interest.

Trust me, you're not the only one. I'm not a Silver Age enthusiast so half the things I see in any issue of Morrison's run I need to google afterwards. lol
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-21-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    And even Dorine who I thought was the name of Pol Mqnning's love interest.
    That's Iona Vane.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't think Power Girl counts. She just kissed him when he got amnesia. That's all.
    And Hal's relationship with Katma Tui was dubious at most.