Page 102 of 222 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3319
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I don't think Power Girl counts. She just kissed him when he got amnesia. That's all.
    And Hal's relationship with Katma Tui was dubious at most.
    After the kiss during the JLI era, there were later references to Hal and Power Girl during the post-Infinite Crisis era. Nothing shown on panel, but it was heavily implied that Hal & Kara were friends with benefits.

I would agree that Katma & Hal were never in a serious relationship, no, but there was definitely a romantic element between them until John Stewart and her became inseparable.

I don't think Power Girl counts. She just kissed him when he got amnesia. That's all.
    And Hal's relationship with Katma Tui was dubious at most.
    And he's such the man, she got pregnant! (well, it wasn't the kiss but we weren't sure what happened in that bubble for awhile...)

Actually, in the right hands I can see them as a good couple. (think early "New Warriors" with Nova and Namorita)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And he's such the man, she got pregnant! (well, it wasn't the kiss but we weren't sure what happened in that bubble for awhile...)

Actually, in the right hands I can see them as a good couple. (think early "New Warriors" with Nova and Namorita)
    that bubble thing was strange. i wonder where they originally planned on going with it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    On Earth, there's Eve Doremus, Olivia Reynolds (although it was later revealed she was a lesbian, so I guess Hal was pulling a Pussy Galore there), Rose Hardin, the other Star Stapphire from the Secret Society of Super-Villains (later revealed to have been a stewardess at Ferris Air) Kari Limbo, Power Girl, Cowgirl, and a seemingly endless series of one-night stands. In space, there's Katma Tui, Dorine, and (in one of Englehart's most icky decisions) Arisia, while, in the 58th Century, Iona Vane was his main squeeze.
    It appears that Hal doesn't really need to date Diana at all.

Well, we all know about his weakness to yellow .

Incredible Member

The baby's father is Scabarus, not Hal.

Incredible Member

After the kiss during the JLI era, there were later references to Hal and Power Girl during the post-Infinite Crisis era. Nothing shown on panel, but it was heavily implied that Hal & Kara were friends with benefits.

I would agree that Katma & Hal were never in a serious relationship, no, but there was definitely a romantic element between them until John Stewart and her became inseparable.
    Can you cite the quote? The only time I can remember Hal mentioned PG after Rebirth is Hal said PG and Wally told him Tasmanian Devil had a crush on him...

Can you cite the quote? The only time I can remember Hal mentioned PG after Rebirth is Hal said PG and Wally told him Tasmanian Devil had a crush on him...
    The only two I can remember offhand is Ollie implying something untoward about Hal & Power Girl (and Huntress) in James Robinson's execrable Cry for Justice, and, then, Guy mentioning something about them again during Johns's run (I think it was during the War of the Green Lanterns arc).

That said, Gail Simone, who was writing Huntress at the time in Birds of Prey, took issue with Robinson's idea that Hal had a threeway with Power Girl & Huntress and explained it away as a drinking contest that Hal lost.

Either way, if you factor in Waid's icky writing of the underage Supergirl fawning over Hal in Brave & Bold, it makes sense that something went on between Hal & Power Girl (who is essentially an adult Supergirl). At the very least, Hal's buddies are under the impression that Hal & Power Girl got together at some point, and Hal didn't deny it with either Ollie or Guy.

Given Hal's long established qualities of being fearless and honest (even if it gets him into trouble), he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd go around pretending he'd slept with women he hadn't.

As for Tasmanian Devil digging Hal? Makes perfect sense. Hal's a hunk

The baby's father is Scabarus, not Hal.
    Oh, I know - just kidding, as I think that at the time, they teased us for a second that it might have been Hal's.

The only two I can remember offhand is Ollie implying something untoward about Hal & Power Girl (and Huntress) in James Robinson's execrable Cry for Justice, and, then, Guy mentioning something about them again during Johns's run (I think it was during the War of the Green Lanterns arc).
    That was about Lady Blackhawk and Huntress, not Power Girl in the alleged threesome.

The thing is, writers always like to tease possible hookups and whatnot and Hal seems like easy fodder for those - if you list all those, you'd have to put Catwoman and Constantine on the list....

Mighty Member

I think he was bribing somebody (Guy?) by saying he'd give them his little black book that had Power Girl's number in it, sometime in early Johns GL.

Mighty Member

The thing is, writers always like to tease possible hookups and whatnot and Hal seems like easy fodder for those - if you list all those, you'd have to put Catwoman and Constantine on the list....
    Good old Constantine...

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Good old Constantine...
    I can see drifter Hal who's bored shitless by the mundane nature of Earth affairs pairing up with John. They could make an interesting duo if written right, with Hal being fearless and John's world comprising of horrifying monsters. Maybe I just want to see Hal interact more with other DCU characters. :P

That was about Lady Blackhawk and Huntress, not Power Girl in the alleged threesome.

You're right, it was Lady Blackhawk & Huntress. My mistake.

Constantine seducing Hal makes a lot of sense, too. I don't think Hal is necessarily bisexual, but I think he has similar views towards sex as the Daniel Craig Bond does. In other words, Hal will sleep with anyone who excites him, irregardless of gender, species, or anything else that us primitive humans get hung upon.

I don't remember anything with Selina & Hal though. Where's that from?

You're right, it was Lady Blackhawk & Huntress. My mistake.

Constantine seducing Hal makes a lot of sense, too. I don't think Hal is necessarily bisexual, but I think he has similar views towards sex as the Daniel Craig Bond does. In other words, Hal will sleep with anyone who excites him, irregardless of gender, species, or anything else that us primitive humans get hung upon.

I don't remember anything with Selina & Hal though. Where's that from?
    I like that in "Dark Knight II" he had a family of Gumby aliens - to Hal, love is love is love...

The Catwoman thing was just another sly tease. It was that mini-event thing where they told a tale of the past where the JLA and their enemies all switched minds and when the villains all got together in the heroes' bodies, they all took off their masks - nobody knew who Hal/GL was except Selina, and when pressed how she knew him, they teased a possible dalliance. (that's how I remember that scene anyway...)