Page 103 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3319
    Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Constantine seducing Hal makes a lot of sense, too. I don't think Hal is necessarily bisexual, but I think he has similar views towards sex as the Daniel Craig Bond does. In other words, Hal will sleep with anyone who excites him, irregardless of gender, species, or anything else that us primitive humans get hung upon.
    Yeah, that's my thinking too. Not that he's bisexual but he's someone who has been to worlds which have long moved beyond what Foucault called "the austere monarchy of sex" -- that is, rigid sexuality categories.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Good old Constantine...

Man, when Barry talks that way about somebody you know he doesn't like them .

Well, this wasn't as bad as I expected.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-22-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

well.... other than that last scene, that was cool.

first time for me to watch a deathbattle. i guess it does have death in the title.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Not familiar with Ben's aliens, but still that was enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Not familiar with Ben's aliens, but still that was enjoyable.
    The salty YT comments are even funnier. To be fair I was kind of surprised that Hal won, too.

Incredible Member

TBH I don't think Hal would lose to anyone. I mean he already became the embodiment of universe's will. But I'm not familiar with Ben 10. Also his fans are pretty vocal, "Ben 10 will win" floods everywhere which nearly took me in...
    Anyway, always glad to see Hal wins.

The only two I can remember offhand is Ollie implying something untoward about Hal & Power Girl (and Huntress) in James Robinson's execrable Cry for Justice, and, then, Guy mentioning something about them again during Johns's run (I think it was during the War of the Green Lanterns arc).

That said, Gail Simone, who was writing Huntress at the time in Birds of Prey, took issue with Robinson's idea that Hal had a threeway with Power Girl & Huntress and explained it away as a drinking contest that Hal lost.

Either way, if you factor in Waid's icky writing of the underage Supergirl fawning over Hal in Brave & Bold, it makes sense that something went on between Hal & Power Girl (who is essentially an adult Supergirl). At the very least, Hal's buddies are under the impression that Hal & Power Girl got together at some point, and Hal didn't deny it with either Ollie or Guy.

Given Hal's long established qualities of being fearless and honest (even if it gets him into trouble), he doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who'd go around pretending he'd slept with women he hadn't.

As for Tasmanian Devil digging Hal? Makes perfect sense. Hal's a hunk
    the being honest quality doesn't seem to be given much attention in stories as opposed to being fearless.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    TBH I don't think Hal would lose to anyone. I mean he already became the embodiment of universe's will. But I'm not familiar with Ben 10. Also his fans are pretty vocal, "Ben 10 will win" floods everywhere which nearly took me in...
    Anyway, always glad to see Hal wins.
    Yeah. That was a fun video to watch.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    the being honest quality doesn't seem to be given much attention in stories as opposed to being fearless.
    Which is a shame, not just with Hal, but with all the post-Silver Age Green Lantern characters. Overcoming fear is great, but being honest with yourself and others is equally important.

Mighty Member

You're right, it was Lady Blackhawk & Huntress. My mistake.

Constantine seducing Hal makes a lot of sense, too. I don't think Hal is necessarily bisexual, but I think he has similar views towards sex as the Daniel Craig Bond does. In other words, Hal will sleep with anyone who excites him, irregardless of gender, species, or anything else that us primitive humans get hung upon.

I don't remember anything with Selina & Hal though. Where's that from?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yeah, that's my thinking too. Not that he's bisexual but he's someone who has been to worlds which have long moved beyond what Foucault called "the austere monarchy of sex" -- that is, rigid sexuality categories.
    This is how I think of him too. I really hope we get to see some of these aliens he's allegedly dated

Which is a shame, not just with Hal, but with all the post-Silver Age Green Lantern characters. Overcoming fear is great, but being honest with yourself and others is equally important.
    what i'm thinking right now is that quality might be hard for writers to work in a story.

like, how would that work with hal going undercover and infiltrating the blackstars.

still, an interesting quality though.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    what i'm thinking right now is that quality might be hard for writers to work in a story.

like, how would that work with hal going undercover and infiltrating the blackstars.

still, an interesting quality though.
    That's one of the reasons I think the Blackstar undercover idea worked so well, because it put Hal in an impossible situation in which he was ordered to lie in order to complete his mission. However, the way Hal goes about it is actually as honest as he could possibly be in that situation.