Page 105 of 222 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 3319
    Extraordinary Member

IIRC, Quasar's origin was based on Hal. SHIELD agents who had strong wills could not utilize the Quantum Bands safely.

It was agent Wendell Vaughn, possessing a go with the flow persona, who was able to use the bands.

Wendell may have been the precursor for Kyle Rayner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    IIRC, Quasar's origin was based on Hal. SHIELD agents who had strong wills could not utilize the Quantum Bands safely.

It was agent Wendell Vaughn, possessing a go with the flow persona, who was able to use the bands.

Wendell may have been the precursor for Kyle Rayner.
    In that case, I'd say Richard Rider was the pre-Kyle in that he was more the Peter Parker type mixed with a GL origin, which is what Kyle kinda was.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In that case, I'd say Richard Rider was the pre-Kyle in that he was more the Peter Parker type mixed with a GL origin, which is what Kyle kinda was.
    I see what you mean. That is a better comparison.

Sometimes I get this mindset that Kyle is something of a reverse Hal (which I consider Wendell to be).

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I see what you mean. That is a better comparison.

Sometimes I get this mindset that Kyle is something of a reverse Hal (which I consider Wendell to be).
    I don't know about "reverse Hal", but Hal's a typical "type A" and Kyle's the typical "Type B" male. The "type B hero" was very much a sign of the times during Kyle's tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't know about "reverse Hal", but Hal's a typical "type A" and Kyle's the typical "Type B" male. The "type B hero" was very much a sign of the times during Kyle's tenure.
    Would you say Hal and Guy are Type A's while John (at least modern John) and Kyle are Type B's?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would you say Hal and Guy are Type A's while John (at least modern John) and Kyle are Type B's?
    I think of modern John - former marine sniper and leader of the GLC as type A - he's just more introverted than the extroverted Hal and Guy. (Now we're going to get all Myers-Briggs on all the GL's...)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i'm guessing... willworld?
    Willworld was a good read. The art was very detailed. Really trippy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

poor hal... and poor carol...
    It would be nice if Hal and Barry were best friends in this series.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    It's possible, although I think it's more likely they'll introduce Jesse Quick if they want to bring in a speedster. The show is called DC Super Hero Girls, so I'm genuinely surprised Hal is getting as much attention as he is, even if he's there as comic relief.

Does Hal even have friends in DCSHG. Him being presented as the dumb jock probably doesn't attract many people to him. I guess Jessica is a friend of his, but she seems to just be annoyed by him rather than actually caring about him.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-25-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Barry is already in the show, but I don't know if he and Hal have interacted. There seems to be a group of six main girls, six main villains, and six boys plus a few extras.

really appreciate the effort liam is putting into this title

yes, barry works in an ice cream place on the show. it seems they inhabit different parts of the city, it would be a nice touch if they were actually friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    It's possible, although I think it's more likely they'll introduce Jesse Quick if they want to bring in a speedster. The show is called DC Super Hero Girls, so I'm genuinely surprised Hal is getting as much attention as he is, even if he's there as comic relief.
    I mean, the original DCSHG had plenty of guy heroes, it's just here here their only role is to be comedy relief, ineffectual heroes, or arrogant tools .
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Does Hal even have friends in DCSHG. Him being presented as the dumb jock probably doesn't attract many people to him. I guess Jessica is a friend of his, but she seems to just be annoyed by him rather than actually caring about him.
    I don't think they're friends so much as just stuck together as GL partners.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they're friends so much as just stuck together as GL partners.
    Well, in the latest episode she called him to remind him that it was "picture day" and then helped him block Carol on his phone, because apparently he didn't know how to do it himself. Ugh. I guess she does see him as her dimwitted friend of sorts that she otherwise doesn't seem to care all that much about.

And I guess this Hal likes boy bands, too? They seriously gave him every lame stereotype there was to give.

Last edited by Johnny; 05-25-2019 at 10:43 AM.