Page 12 of 222 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Hal has gone rogue for real, depending on continuity. It can be tough for planets who knowledgeable of the GLC to know if Hal is putting on an act, or not. It actually makes me wonder if some planets are keeping tabs on certain GL's patrolling their sector.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Those two pages almost made me cry, so damn beautiful. Perfect mix of Silver Age insanity and playful satire. I was like "Yeah! Tell 'em Hal!"

This is really crazy powerful.

The ring can communicate with every individual on earth at the same time? Grant's run will be really memorable.

Extraordinary Member

The best thing to do for Hal was to move away from the Geoff Johns troupes. Other writer tried to duplicate Geoff's run with diminishing returns. Grant has seemingly brought Hal back to the pre-Denny & Neal stuff.

BANNED

This run turned me into a Hal Jordan fan. By how he acted everywhere else ive seen him i thought he was just a dumb guy. Hes been rather amazing here.

Also im freaking loving the art, the designs of the ships and buildings in particular, feels so alien, so spacey? It just makes me want to be there.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    This run turned me into a Hal Jordan fan. By how he acted everywhere else ive seen him i thought he was just a dumb guy. Hes been rather amazing here.

Also im freaking loving the art, the designs of the ships and buildings in particular, feels so alien, so spacey? It just makes me want to be there.
    Welcome aboard.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

The ring can communicate with every individual on earth at the same time? Grant's run will be really memorable.
    Why not? The power of the ring is limited only by the willpower and imagination of its user, and Hal is one of the most veteran Lanterns ever with years worth of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    In a word----WOW!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Why not? The power of the ring is limited only by the willpower and imagination of its user, and Hal is one of the most veteran Lanterns ever with years worth of experience.

In a word----WOW!
    One quick thing about that...

I believe that the Earth was shrunken down to a very small size in that instance. Might take a little bit less doing in that circumstance?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One quick thing about that...

I believe that the Earth was shrunken down to a very small size in that instance. Might take a little bit less doing in that circumstance?
    That's a good point. Haven't thought of that. A minituarized earth would have been easier to wrap with police tape, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    The best thing to do for Hal was to move away from the Geoff Johns troupes. Other writer tried to duplicate Geoff's run with diminishing returns. Grant has seemingly brought Hal back to the pre-Denny & Neal stuff.
    I dunno, I see a lot of the swagger of Johns' Hal in these previews, even if he was never in these kinds of situations .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mataza View Post
    I think it's a common misconception of Hal is that he's an idiot or the dumb jock of the GL's, which have not been helped by certain media adaptions.

Mighty Member

I love how confident and knowledgeable Hal is in Morrison's GL so far it really makes it feel like he's been a GL so long that this is all basically reflex for him, he knows how to do GL work like the back of his hand. He casually recalls info about aliens and enemies he's encountered int he past, on or off panel, and turns it into a strategy instantly. He doesn't need to stop and think about what to do, it's just second nature to him.

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    I love how confident and knowledgeable Hal is in Morrison's GL so far it really makes it feel like he's been a GL so long that this is all basically reflex for him, he knows how to do GL work like the back of his hand. He casually recalls info about aliens and enemies he's encountered int he past, on or off panel, and turns it into a strategy instantly. He doesn't need to stop and think about what to do, it's just second nature to him.
    I really like that, but it's also an aspect that bothers me a little. Perhaps I'm so used to Hal's post-Rebirth characterization as this assertive go-getter than when I see a story that heavily accentuates on how experienced he is, at times he comes off as either being bored or going through the motions. Though I've acknowledged that I haven't really been much of a Silver Age enthusiast, so this is pretty much still new to me on different levels.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post
    Yeah, I love this too. Previously, they seemed to have created a thinker/do-er dichotomy with Hal where Hal is usually portrayed as a do-er but not much of a thinker. But Morrison's Hal just thinks so fast that he's literally thinking and doing at the same time.

BANNED

Seems like Morrison really plays him like a real cop and the whole world sees him as a cop. Interesting, i hope it won't turn into cop probaganda... but we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Yeah, I love this too. Previously, they seemed to have created a thinker/do-er dichotomy with Hal where Hal is usually portrayed as a do-er but not much of a thinker. But Morrison's Hal just thinks so fast that he's literally thinking and doing at the same time.
    I've said it before in detail in other threads, but it bears repeating ... "Rapid cognition"

From something I found on the web that describes part of it:
    It seems that the people who are very good at this kind of activity are the experts. An expert, it turns out, can make an informed guess about something in his subject without being able to explain it in any rational way. The information is there, but it is being processed behind locked doors and very quickly (in the blink of an eye). The expert just gets a feeling that something is so, but he knows this and is not afraid to act on it. Experts on Greek art get a feeling about a statue, veteran soldiers get a feeling about the battle, traders on the exchange floor get a feeling about the market and a fireman gets a feeling about danger in a burning building. These people have only one thing in common, that of having expert knowledge and experience in their respective vocations. Each of them is able to take a thin slice of information and make an accurate guess that somebody not in their profession could not.