Page 136 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    The mask not covering Hal's face, for me, makes him look like a different person.
    I think it depends on the art style. If it's a more realistic style, the domino mask not covering his face or exposing his eyes does make sense. If it's a more cartoony style it looks out of place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal f'n Jordan.

This scene gives you reason why Hal was bored beyond belief on Earth in the first issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    All that medieval fanart found itself in canon .

Guy could do a motivational speech but it would be the most Guy Gardner motivational speech ever .
    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I would love to see Guy try his hand at being a speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Guy would show up wearing a t-shirt, jeans and cowboy boots, six pack in hand and act like the rock star he imagines himself being. After fifteen or so minutes spent boasting about how HE’S the greatest Green Lantern of them all, he’d tell the guests to be bad ass, break the rules and challenge authority every chance they get. Ahhh, I miss the dumb lug!
    I honestly do think Guy would work, but not for everyone. Not everyone needs to navel gaze, over analyze, or cry out their problems.

Some problems you gotta stare down, give it the finger, and either resolve it or walk away.

Getting knocked the F-out by Batman, punked outta his ring by Hal, Hal showing his girl a really great time, having to sucker-punch an out of shape Ted Kord, beat by Doomsday, or being curb-stomped by Parallax-Hal in his own solo....Guy always bounces back like it none of those things ever happened.

Damn....Hal brought a lot of trauma to Guy's world, lol!

TBH, I'd take a pep-talk from Guy than a Xanshi-obsessed John Stewart.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I honestly do think Guy would work, but not for everyone. Not everyone needs to navel gaze, over analyze, or cry out their problems.

Some problems you gotta stare down, give it the finger, and either resolve it or walk away.

Getting knocked the F-out by Batman, punked outta his ring by Hal, Hal showing his girl a really great time, having to sucker-punch an out of shape Ted Kord, beat by Doomsday, or being curb-stomped by Parallax-Hal in his own solo....Guy always bounces back like it none of those things ever happened.

Damn....Hal brought a lot of trauma to Guy's world, lol!

TBH, I'd take a pep-talk from Guy than a Xanshi-obsessed John Stewart.
    You forgot Guy having his Vuldarian powers blasted out of him in GL: Rebirth and all the **** he went through as a Red Lantern (at Hal's bequest when, as Corps leader, he asked Guy to infiltrate the Reds) and that godawful beard he wore. Yeah, no matter how many time Guy gets knocked down, he keeps on getting back up, ready for more.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

You forgot Guy having his Vuldarian powers blasted out of him in GL: Rebirth and all the **** he went through as a Red Lantern (at Hal's bequest when, as Corps leader, he asked Guy to infiltrate the Reds) and that godawful beard he wore. Yeah, no matter how many time Guy gets knocked down, he keeps on getting back up, ready for more.
    You right!

Also note, he hardly ever thinks about the past. Guy always pushes forward.

Sure, we always see some glimpse of Guy no liking Batman, but a lot of non-Arkham residents feel that way now.

On a side note: I hope Grant does a story guest staring Guy.

I'd love for Grant to showcase the crazy history between Hal Jordan & Guy Gardner.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    You right!

Also note, he hardly ever thinks about the past. Guy always pushes forward.

Sure, we always see some glimpse of Guy no liking Batman, but a lot of non-Arkham residents feel that way now.

On a side note: I hope Grant does a story guest staring Guy.

I'd love for Grant to showcase the crazy history between Hal Jordan & Guy Gardner.
    He wrote Guy well enough in Final Crisis .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think it depends on the art style. If it's a more realistic style, the domino mask not covering his face or exposing his eyes does make sense. If it's a more cartoony style it looks out of place.
    I often miss if Hal's gloves or boots are colored differently. The mask though just stands out to me.

Astonishing Member

A well deserved placement indeed.
    My biased opinion would have placed Hal in the top 3.

this might have been cool if it happened...

https://geekvibesnation.com/christop...green-lantern/

One of the things that fans have been wanting for years is a Man of Steel sequel. Henry Cavill really impressed fans as Superman and we’ve been waiting for a second solo film since 2013. Unfortunately, no one knows if we actually will ever see Cavill back in that role. But, Mission Impossible: Fallout director Christopher McQuarrie apparently had some ideas. According to his thread on Twitter, he and Henry Cavill had discussed a possible sequel to Man of Steel. A story that would have apparently connected to a Green Lantern movie.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    this might have been cool if it happened...

https://geekvibesnation.com/christop...green-lantern/
    Shame this didn't happen, though reminds me there was a planned Clark Kent cameo in the Reynolds movie.

I've recently started to get into Green Lantern more, namely Hal. Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is a fine place to start, right?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I've recently started to get into Green Lantern more, namely Hal. Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps is a fine place to start, right?
    I would personally recommend Geoff Johns' Green Lantern run as the best starting point for new GL readers.

Incredible Member

Personally I highly recommend new readers don't touch anything written by Robert Venditti.
    Geoff Johns revitalized the Green Lantern franchise with the greatest run in GL history. It's the best choice to start.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    My biased opinion would have placed Hal in the top 3.
    That's a tough sell. As much as I love Hal, there's no way he surpasses Clark or Bruce, they're far too iconic, and even topping Diana would be difficult because of the boost she got from the movie. All things considered, I'm good with Hal fourth.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-08-2019 at 05:14 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

There was a time they put Hal in front position. (ノへ`、)