Page 138 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3319
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    Venditti's run isn't bad, he just had the unenviable role of following up Johns. His New 52 stuff is OK (there are some interesting ideas, at least) but his Hal Jordan & the GLC is actually pretty good. I enjoyed the entire thing. It starts off picking up the story line from Cullen Bunn's Sinestro book, and there are some pretty great moments from all four main Earth GL's along the way.
    I can cite one word that will anger every GL fan: reservoir. Maybe two? Carol. Maybe three? Soranik.
    Venditti's Hal Jordan & the GLC has no soul, no logic. The theme of the last story arc about no-killing is absurd. The four main Earth GL are all stereotyped to fit in his stories. He tried to surpass Johns in New52 and he failed. Then he tried to imitate Johns in HJGLC. The art is good and there are a lot of fighting scenes. There are good moments. But overall it is still an unsatisfying run.
    BTW, Cullen Bunn's Sinestro is great.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Am I wrong for finding all three lady GLs attractive?
    Not at all. The six armed chick looks HAWT!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Incredible Member

Anyone bought Black Hammer/ Justice League? IS Hal in that story?

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Anyone bought Black Hammer/ Justice League? IS Hal in that story?
    John is the GL in that story from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was on the cover, too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Thanks for the answer... I can keep my money then.
    Damn, they begin to expel Hal from crossover stories now?

Thanks for the answer... I can keep my money then.
    Damn, they begin to expel Hal from crossover stories now?
    Hal has never been featured in Justice League crossovers to the best of my recollection. They had a JL/Power Rangers crossover a few years back and John was the GL there. Hal was featured in Green Lantern crossovers like the ones with Star Trek and Planet of the Apes, but not with the League.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-11-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Hal was in "JLA/Masters of the Universe" but I doubt he did a lot. I saw a page where Simon was also there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal has never been featured in Justice League crossovers to the best of my recollection. They had a JL/Power Rangers crossover a few years back and John was the GL there. Hal was featured in Green Lantern crossovers like the ones with Star Trek and Planet of the Apes, but not with the League.
    It just makes me feel worse. (ノへ`、). But why? Hal shouldn't be brought to the table or what?

It just makes me feel worse. (ノへ`、). But why? Hal shouldn't be brought to the table or what?
    Perhaps the creators who did those crossovers just didn't want to use him, I doubt it's anything like DC forbidding them from using him or specifically requesting certain characters in the story. What's notable is that Cyborg is also featured in the Black Hammer/JL crossover, so it's not like people can say that John is there only for diversity, Jeff Lemire probably just wanted to write him over the other GLs.

One of the recent issues of Justice League had Barry and John exchange a little banter and it felt so much like a Hal and Barry moment. I miss those.
    Save Ferris...

I imagine it's the same for when Hal does show up - the writer just wanted to work with him. I'm fine with it for gimmicky titles like those crossovers - it's not like Hal will be given anything really important to do in those and it just saves me from having to waste the money. Hal crossing over with Star Trek and Planet of the Apes were a lot more fun than seeing Hal in the background in some throwaway JLA crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think I remember him in a Kentucky Fried Chicken comic...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think I remember him in a Kentucky Fried Chicken comic...
    Yes, I think he did with Flash.