Page 165 of 222 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 3319
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Without knowing Hal's secret identity as a superhero/space cop, his background would set off red flags for anyone working at the IRS or any other regulatory government agency. In the Air Force, he absolutely had some pretty high security clearance (he once flew the Stealth Bomber for cryin' out loud), followed by another job as the top test pilot for Ferris Air, a company with numerous government contracts for extremely classified experimental aircraft. This was followed by a sporadic work history that, to any rational person, would look almost certainly fabricated. I mean, Hal went from test pilot to insurance investigator to toy sales salesman to trucker, back to test pilot again, then went for years with no determinable income, seemingly dropped off the face of planet, only to reappear suddenly to rejoin the Air Force, from which he must have gone AWOL for extended periods of time.

Since the DCU is full of various powerful ultra-secret government and extra-governmental organization that shouldn't be trifled with, any experienced civil servant without a desire to suddenly "disappear" or be transferred to Alaska would know to give a person likely to be involved with one of them a very, very wide berth.
    Talk about filling the blanks...

Hal Jordan is probably considered AWOL by some, a hobo by others, and dead by most.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    Talk about filling the blanks...

Hal Jordan is probably considered AWOL by some, a hobo by others, and dead by most.
    Exactly. If anybody started looking closely at this Hal's life, they'd turn around and walk the other way out of pure self-preservation. Anyone who's lived a life this crazy is not someone you want to mess with.

I would think though, depending on how the government agencies are (or were before Leviathan), enough people in the government related to superhuman affairs know Hal Jordan is Green Lantern. It might not have been made public, but he wasn't really hiding it and people like Amanda Waller certainly knew.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I would think though, depending on how the government agencies are (or were before Leviathan), enough people in the government related to superhuman affairs know Hal Jordan is Green Lantern. It might not have been made public, but he wasn't really hiding it and people like Amanda Waller certainly knew.
    I forget where it was, but I think early New 52 Waller was talking to the President and mentioned they only knew the identities of two of the Earth GL's (John and Guy) while they didn't know who Hal and Kyle were.

Or maybe it was just Kyle. I don't remember exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I forget where it was, but I think early New 52 Waller was talking to the President and mentioned they only knew the identities of two of the Earth GL's (John and Guy) while they didn't know who Hal and Kyle were.

If it was Hal and Kyle who were unknown, then I guess those masks really work.

If it was Hal and Kyle who were unknown, then I guess those masks really work.
    I mean, in-universe glasses prevent people from figuring out Clark Kent is Superman (I know Clark does more then just the glasses, but still) so I think we just have to accept that domino masks are effective at disguising someone's identity within the DC Universe.

Extraordinary Member

In my head canon, Jonathan Stone probably cleared Hal from any AWOL stuff.

Astonishing Member

You'd think that if someone knew Hal's secret identity, it wouldn't be too far to figure out the rest of the Justice League.

Astonishing Member

Definitely not rent, and he doesn't earn enough to pay taxes - you need an income to pay income tax.
    I do hope Hal has a savings account or money stowed away for retirement.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It was just Kyle. The goverment knew Hal Jordan was Green Lantern.(very reasonable to me actually)

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    You'd think that if someone knew Hal's secret identity, it wouldn't be too far to figure out the rest of the Justice League.
    Really? Hal doesn’t associate with any of the other Leaguers out of uniform to my knowledge. His closest allies are Ollie and Barry but again, he’s never hung out with them as “Hal Jordan” to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    It was just Kyle. The goverment knew Hal Jordan was Green Lantern.(very reasonable to me actually)
    Thanks for the clarification .
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really? Hal doesn’t associate with any of the other Leaguers out of uniform to my knowledge. His closest allies are Ollie and Barry but again, he’s never hung out with them as “Hal Jordan” to my knowledge.
    He was at Barry's birthday party as Hal before they fought Multiplex together.