Page 169 of 222 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3319

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    I have a question. Do you think the Star Sapphire in issue 11 is really Carol? She never admitted it. And what she said to Hal hints that in her universe Hal is not a GL, which means Carol shouldn't be a Star Sapphire either. So... who is she?
    Transgender version of Hal maybe? Or even of Carol. I think the "main" Carol mentioned before how her father originally wanted a son, so on this Earth the character could've been a male initially who then transitioned into female. It would be smart and they would naturally get a lot of headlines for it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-08-2019 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hals' plan for dealing with Batman...just punch him .

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Hal and Bat Lanterns interactions were hilarious in this issue.

Bat Lantern: "How is it different than when I threaten them with violence? "

Hal: Because I say it with a wry smile.

Lol. Funny but so true and so in character for both.

Honestly Hal is written pretty well throughout the issue.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Transgender version of Hal maybe? Or even of Carol. I think the "main" Carol mentioned before how her father originally wanted a son, so on this Earth the character could've been a male initially who then transitioned into female. It would be smart and they would naturally get a lot of headlines for it.
    By Earth-11 logic Hal Jordan-11 should already be an XX, and by "Hal Jordan Logic" it's hard to say what a Silver Age old school woman with Hal's sensibilities would be like. But the Green Lantern of Earth-11 should arguably be "Haley Jordan" or some variation thereof (akin to how we once met Kylie Rayner). So my interpretation was that either Star Sapphire-11 is the female Hal Jordan of Earth-11 (who would thereby be in love with the male "Carl" Ferris), and her history as a brash renegade is why she's a Star Sapphire, not a Green Lantern ... or conversely yeah, it crossed my mind that it could be a transgender Carol. I think the "Hal doesn't realize that this is a female Hal because he's not that self-aware and is hung up on Carol" schtick is funnier, but I'm cool with the alternative, too. Not that I want transgender characters ... "relegated" ... to Elseworld stories that basically never happen, just that of all the Multi-Earths, Earth-11 seems like the kind of place where that kind of representation is more up front and less ... dictated by cosmic demonic interference by Earth-33 Editorial.

The artistic depiction itself I suppose lends itself toward being Earth-11 Carol, since Sharpe's Hal Jordan rocks the traditional brown hair and Carol was historically depicted with that jet black look. But then again, those boots. Look how much lift they're giving. Shout-out to those boots just for being those boots.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I haven't been following DCSHG recently, so this is a very good recap of their version of Hal. Am I right in thinking that it looks like they're trying to push the boys more? Perhaps marketing let them know that they should be appealing to both girls and boys, thereby increasing their customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I haven't been following DCSHG recently, so this is a very good recap of their version of Hal. Am I right in thinking that it looks like they're trying to push the boys more? Perhaps marketing let them know that they should be appealing to both girls and boys, thereby increasing their customer base.
    I think it's only because they were doing a big half-hour episode with the girls teaming up with the boys in their group.

I don't expect the focus to shift that much.

nice that hal get's somehow remembered...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I've been checking out this show and I've been really liking it.

Yeah it doesn't really show Hal or Superman in the best light but all of the characters are shown with flaws and a lot of personality which is really fun to watch.

It doesnt fall into what so many female based properties are doing now which is making them perfect and a Mary Sue and boring. The only one who comes close to this is probably Jessica Cruz who i dont like but everyone else, even Wonder Woman, is shown to have flaws and personality and is fun.

Other things I like is that every character matches who they are in the comics although exaggerated for this type of show. Also the show has a lot of energy and moves fast and has good humor.

So I'm liking it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Nice to see Hal with a team.

I wonder why they didn't go with Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

1) It's not as easy to make fun of Aquaman these days and on the show A-Lad is the butt of the joke. (most of the time)
    2) I'm not sure, but I have a feeling they're intending to go a certain way with him... (like the other Aqualad)

Yo bros!
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-10-2019 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

Probably because they could get away with making Aqualad a joke more easily then they could Aquaman at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yeah it doesn't really show Hal or Superman in the best light but all of the characters are shown with flaws and a lot of personality which is really fun to watch.
    It could be much, much worse - look at how they portray Robin!