Page 192 of 222 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192193194195196202 ... LastLast
Results 2,866 to 2,880 of 3319
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I think it does. The latest solicitations give it away or give some type of hint hat a new status quo is happening.
    Im enjoying Morrison's run, but not much of a fan of the 5th gen idea.

Astonishing Member

I might not be the target demographic for this direction.

To be fair I'm rarely influenced by what a product's target audience is meant to be. I imagine I certainly don't represent the demographic the Maleficent movies, or most Disney movies for that matter, are catering to, but I liked both the first Maleficent movie and the sequel. So out of curiosity I would probably check this out and see if the story is appealing before I make up my mind about it. Naturally it would also somewhat depend on how Hal is taken out of the equation because at this point the idea of him going away for good or even for an extended period of time is pretty much laughable.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Issue number? Please?

Astonishing Member

To be fair I'm rarely influenced by what a product's target audience is meant to be. I imagine I certainly don't represent the demographic the Maleficent movies, or most Disney movies for that matter, are catering to, but I liked both the first Maleficent movie and the sequel. So out of curiosity I would probably check this out and see if the story is appealing before I make up my mind about it. Naturally it would also somewhat depend on how Hal is taken out of the equation because at this point the idea of him going away for good or even for an extended period of time is pretty much laughable.
    and disappointing.

I was very excited a couple of years ago (around the time of Rebirth), but the excitement has waned especially with this news of replacement.

Other titles I thought I would be xcited about was LSH, but somehow it's not working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Issue number? Please?
    I believe it's the third or fourth issue from Mark Waid's "Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and The Bold" series.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    and disappointing.

I was very excited a couple of years ago (around the time of Rebirth), but the excitement has waned especially with this news of replacement.
    Is it actually "news" yet or still a BC rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    and disappointing.

Other titles I thought I would be xcited about was LSH, but somehow it's not working for me.
    I know what you mean. The silver lining is Hal has proven to be one of those characters that you can't git rid of no matter what. Lord knows they've done everything there is to do to him over the years and he just keeps coming back unscathed. The fact that DC seems to think that Hal in particular has to be replaced in order to give the spotlight to a new character, despite that the nature of the Green Lantern franchise is to have multiple carriers of the mantle, really says it all. I'm not the least bit worried about Hal in the long run, irregardless of DC's apparently short-sighted vision of the franchise where they think they could just keep making up new characters anytime they don't know what to do with their existing characters.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-24-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

I know what you mean. The silver lining is Hal has proven to be one of those characters that you can't git rid of no matter what. Lord knows they've done everything there is to do to him over the years and he just keeps coming back unscathed. The fact that DC seems to think that Hal in particular has to be replaced in order to give the spotlight to a new character, despite that the nature of the Green Lantern franchise is to have multiple carriers of the mantle, really says it all. I'm not the least bit worried about Hal in the long run, irregardless of DC's apparently short-sided vision of the franchise where they think they could just keep making up new characters anytime they don't know what to do with their existing characters.
    It's just sad (on my part) that Hal has a lessened exposure than I would have liked.

And that includes medias other than comic books.

While not a big deal, it bothers me that Hal's slot in the JLA is just seen as "the Green Lantern slot" - as though any GL just fits right in. (granted, the Leaguers justifiably trust that anyone who passes muster to be a GL is worthy, but still ... it's not treated the same as if you stuck Captain Atom in for Superman)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    While not a big deal, it bothers me that Hal's slot in the JLA is just seen as "the Green Lantern slot" - as though any GL just fits right in. (granted, the Leaguers justifiably trust that anyone who passes muster to be a GL is worthy, but still ... it's not treated the same as if you stuck Captain Atom in for Superman)
    Apparently that's true for the "Flash's best friend slot" too.

ehhh they've done the same thing with Flash and Batman. When Dick is Batman, he gets to be on the JL... when he goes back to Nightwing, he's out! No Cowl, no ID card!! :P

I get what your saying though. I wish the personalities and relationships were more center stage than just what costume and powerset you bring to the table. John and Guy and Kyle were on the JLA because they needed a Green Lantern.... Hal was on the team because he was a founder and a close friend that shared a lot of laughs and BBQs with his teammates...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Nuthin' but love....

I have posted this before, but it is very telling how often Hal will use god-like power to protect his loved ones.

None of that ruling the universe, breaking bad guys Bane-style, forcing others to conform to his will, etc.

Hal just wants his peeps to be safe & happy. I'm not sure if Hal even remembers all the bro-saving he did as the Spectre which again says alot about the man's heart. I knew about Wally & Ollie, but not this scene with Alan. Hal healed John while infected with a fear bug before sacrificing himself to reignite the sun. Looking after his crew is a natural instinct for Hal.

Now that I think of it, perhaps this might be what draws the Star Sapphire towards Hal.
    yeah... but that also can be a two-edged sword. That's pretty much what Parallax and Zero Hour was all about. Good Guys win, everyone lives, everyone safe. A universe with Krypton still there. Coast City safe. The Corps back.... a perverse need to make EVERYTHING right...

Great character trait, but dangerous with too much power.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Apparently that's true for the "Flash's best friend slot" too.
    Now that's laughable.

I always considered that Sinestro was Hal's arch nemesis, Barry and Oliver are Hal's best pals, Carol is Hal's girl, but with things are going, it's quite possible that Hal might be replaced as one of the Jordan brothers by one of the other earth Lanterns.

I think that's because whenever Hal is there, they never try to accentuate on what makes him an essential JL member. He's usually portrayed as the cocky guy who is friends with Flash or frenemies with Batman and it doesn't seem to go anywhere beyond that. They never make it a point about what makes Hal an important and crucial component of that team dynamic. And to be fair, they don't really do that with other Lanterns either, it just seems to be about which character the particular writer wants to use in their run for the sake of having them there.
    Last edited by Johnny; 10-24-2019 at 07:58 AM.