Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I enjoyed GL Earth One. I think i enjoyed it the most of all the Earth One titles.

I hope the same team push thru with the 2nd volume.
    I believe the 1st volume sold well enough, so there's certainly a good chance for sequel.

I guess I just wasn't captivated by Vol. 1 as much as I was hoping, since I was really looking forward to it a lot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I believe the 1st volume sold well enough, so there's certainly a good chance for sequel.

I guess I just wasn't captivated by Vol. 1 as much as I was hoping, since I was really looking forward to it a lot.
    Glad to hear that.

Btw, Mattel (or some other company) should make action figures out of the Eart One character costumes.

Glad to hear that.

Btw, Mattel (or some other company) should make action figures out of the Eart One character costumes.
    They were neat. Which is ironic because from what I've seen some people don't seem to like Hal's design or the other characters' that much, while I had no complaints about the design choices at all. I may have mixed feelings about the story, but the book itself looks amazing.

Astonishing Member

They were neat. Which is ironic because from what I've seen some people don't seem to like Hal's design or the other characters' that much, while I had no complaints about the design choices at all. I may have mixed feelings about the story, but the book itself looks amazing.
    I've read that too. It's different for me since I liked Hal's design in Earth One.

I'll need to check it again since I can't remember Arisias costume there. And Kilowog's clothes made sense given his situation.

The story was fine with me.

I hope to see Sapphire if ever volume two happens.

Hail to the Fly Boy of the Green RIng.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Gotta give this another read. Felt like I probably didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping for the first time.

I still need to read it, I love the artwork and the premise though.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I still need to read it, I love the artwork and the premise though.
    The artwork was suited for outer space. It's weird, but I felt I was watching Aliens. There something about cold black space that always found intriguing.

The artwork was suited for outer space. It's weird, but I felt I was watching Aliens. There something about cold black space that always found intriguing.
    They even recreated the scene from the first Alien movie with Hal's captain not letting him back on board due to fear of radiation exposure.

Astonishing Member

They even recreated the scene from the first Alien movie with Hal's captain not letting him back on board due to fear of radiation exposure.
    Yeah, the first half of Earth One gave me Alien/Aliens vibe.

Grant's TGL feels like a combination of Law and Order and Star Trek. Which may be refreshing for some after years of wars of lanterns.

BANNED

A friend of mine told me once ''Hal's mask is stupid'' sorry but those were the exact words. Diffrent people don't like diffrent things... for example, i don't like the new 52 costume of Black Adam, especially the cape... the cape is corny... And there is a quite opposite as well, when you think like who likes this costume like Aquaman's blue wavy costume... it's something like a figure skater would wear, terrible but there are fans of that costume...

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    A friend of mine told me once ''Hal's mask is stupid'' sorry but those were the exact words. Diffrent people don't like diffrent things... for example, i don't like the new 52 costume of Black Adam, especially the cape... the cape is corny... And there is a quite opposite as well, when you think like who likes this costume like Aquaman's blue wavy costume... it's something like a figure skater would wear, terrible but there are fans of that costume...
    Yeah, I know the domino mask isn't that popular, but I meant the design in the Green Lantern: Earth One book. He doesn't wear a mask in it.

Yeah, I know the domino mask isn't that popular, but I meant the design in the Green Lantern: Earth One book. He doesn't wear a mask in it.

Since when do people not like the mask?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

I like the mask. And I've always thought Hal's mask is of the most nice-looking ones.
    Only I'm puzzled by the eyes part. Sometimes you can see his eyes through the mask. Sometimes they're only pure white.

I always found the mask to be getting mixed fan reactions. Mostly due to the fact that it doesn't really hide his identity at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Since when do people not like the mask?
    First time I heard someone disliking Hal's mask. Personally I think the design is pretty iconic.