Page 20 of 222 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    It was no coincidence that Hal's constructs during HJ&GLC were fighter jets and other military ordinance since he was in the Air Force. Rafa Sandoval nailed it here!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Hal in the new season of Young Justice. I guess time hasn't been kind once again.

Last edited by Johnny; 01-25-2019 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hal in the new season of Young Justice. I guess time hasn't been kind once again.

Yeah, like, seriously why is he the only major adult hero who seems like they've really aged?

It's not even like the whole "he doesn't have any actual powers" excuse cuts it since Batman, Canary, and Green Arrow all still look the same.

Are they adapting Parallax? Or getting ready to ship him off for Kyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, like, seriously why is he the only major adult hero who seems like they've really aged?

It's not even like the whole "he doesn't have any actual powers" excuse cuts it since Batman, Canary, and Green Arrow all still look the same.

Hope that's the reason and Parallax infecting him is again the reason for the dramatic aging, because otherwise it doesn't make sense. How do you get from this to this in the span of a few years.

But who knows, it's not like the GLs are a big part of the show so maybe this won't really go anywhere and he just got old for "reasons".

Hope that's the reason and Parallax infecting him is again the reason for the dramatic aging, because otherwise it doesn't make sense. How do you get from this to this in the span of a few years.

But who knows, it's not like the GLs are a big part of the show so maybe this won't really go anywhere and he just got old for "reasons".
    At least Bourassa didn't just re-use his animated movie design again .

Astonishing Member

What in the world?

I know it is sacrilege among all GL fans, but I prefer the costume without the white gloves. Not crazy about the old, weathered look, and thinking they're definitely hinting at Parallax aging him because that's a lot more aging than just gray, but whether we see it on screen or it happens in between seasons, who knows. But yeah, like the modification to the costume/outfit.

Extraordinary Member

No white gloves.....weird.

I wonder if this look was inspired by the in development film casting call.

Science cell shrug.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SebastianS View Post
    I am... speechless, to be honest.

1-The Green Lantern #1: 113,651
    2-The Green Lantern #2: 64,127

That is a MASSIVE dip in sales.
    Given that more high profile books have seen larger drops between their 1st and 2nd Issues, those sales estimates are fairly small. It will be the sales figures between #2 and #3 which will indicate how healthy this series is. No need to panic... yet.

You also have to remember that we aren't getting mainstream Morrison here (as seen on titles such as JLA and All-Star Superman.) No, the Morrison we are getting is the same one who penned Animal Man and Doom Patrol. Which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Actually, I wasn't entirely sure which one we were going to get. But #3 sealed it for me with Morrison's commentary on religion etc. Earth being purchased by an alien who calls himself The Shepherd? Who then proceeds to mature the population of the planet over eons until it is ripe for him to devour them in a rapture/armageddon type scenario? The population willingly submitting because he looks like a religious figure many are inclined to trust? Hal Jordan placing him under arrest? That is classic Morrison and I absolutely love it.

He looks like he's gonna fall over dead. Just get rid of the lines on his face and styled the hair a bit he wouldn't look so bad.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    He looks like he's gonna fall over dead. Just get rid of the lines on his face and styled the hair a bit he wouldn't look so bad.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Even more than the hair, those stupid lines on his face make him look really old.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well, if that's what they're going for (to make way for Kyle)....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

It could be Parallax. However, just by the ages/time frame of Young Justice Hal and a few of the other "elder" Leaguers would have to be in his late 30's to early 40's by now...so the hair somewhat fits if he is prone to the side grey.

However, I'm hoping for an adaptation of Parallax in Young Justice. That would be awesome.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.